Post ultra rare records you own

Post ultra rare records you own.
Just picked this up at Amoeba Music.

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Cartoon-Network-A-Cartoon-Network-Read-Listen-Book-The-Story-Of-Over-The-Garden-Wall-With-Songs/release/6918634
youtube.com/watch?v=L2nxj0kPjlc
youtube.com/watch?v=0MdWzAo0ewQ
discogs.com/seller/Qusk/profile?sort=price,desc
youtube.com/watch?v=qhPmwQaDtBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ultra rare
>found it on zippy share in 1 minute

Is it a 320 mp3? If it isn't, OP you know what to do

I think he means physical format

Zippy share aint physical

Sealed Exmilitary vinyl

reposting from last thread. is this a special edition or something? i cant find a mention of a white pressing anywhere or even a pic of a plain black version. are they all white?

bump

do you study spectral theory or what do you stand to get out of this

>ordered a copy of an omega rare album off of the lead singers website
>she's in vancouver and the album is 17 years old
>i'm in texas
>it's been almost 4 days and I haven't gotten shipping details yet
>mfw

got a vinyl copy of egyptian shumba
second most expensive record i ever bought

Are you the guy I told to go to Amoeba yesterday?

Man I wish I lived near fucking Amoeba
Collecting things you like is pretty common man

bump

i don't have anything rare really. closest to it would be SAW II with gold embossed lettering on the cover stating that it's a promo copy not meant for distribution (i.e. a radio station came by and dumped their CDs off at a local secondhand shop).

and projekct two by king crimson but i don't think that's rare at all. i just don't think many people bought it

Not my copy btw

I have a Smash Bros 4 soundtrack. You could only get that through Club Nintendo.

In a college of music but not spectral theory, no.
Yee

Brand new sealed

No idea how much it's worth if really anything but I'd probably start an auction at 25

Cds aren't worth shit

Nice, glad I could help a guy get hooked up with good music

I wish that we're true then I wouldn't regret selling all my assuck spazz naked city etc cds many years ago

I suck at rsd

What artist?

down on the left is my rarest record on vinyl

The Fucking Champs - IV

there isn't even a price on discogs for it

got a pretty scarce hand-painted Michael Hurley tape; wouldn't call it ultra-rare though.
rarest thing i own is probably Abner Jay's first record, Terrible Comedy Blues; i don't see many pop up all that often.

It's a fairly recent release so it's not quite "ultra rare", but I've only ever seen one show up for sale (the copy I purchased).

It's a vinyl/storybook press kit (very limited quantity, apparently; exact numbers aren't known) that Cartoon Network distributed for Over The Garden Wall to build hype.

discogs.com/Cartoon-Network-A-Cartoon-Network-Read-Listen-Book-The-Story-Of-Over-The-Garden-Wall-With-Songs/release/6918634

bump

That copy of YLAOM would be much rarer if it were missing jr from the band name, my man

bump

let's see
i own plenty of records that are part of like ltd to 300 pressing, but that aren't worth much

i also own some "rare" records that are harder to find and worth a lot more. Examples include:
Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand first press on red vinyl
Pharoah Sanders - Karma first press
Ramones - s/t first pressing w/typos on sleeve
Silver Apples - s/t first pressing
Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians first german pressing

all of these graded at VG+ or higher

Kek, boiii you kid rite?

My father's one full-length album, a two-man act with various friends and session musicians. They toured in the late 70s, and this is exactly how dad met mom. Not "folk" but close to that in terms of sound, several instrumental pieces in addition to cheeky humor on the songs with lyrics. Discogs has an entry for it. Instruments include guitar, piano, flute (the bandmate) and accordion (dad - dad preferred a variant known as a button accordion).

What they were actually doing at the time is not too far removed from "guitar comedy" these days, but they'd throw in other instruments, and had some sad instrumental pieces, so it covers a range of moods. I'm biased, but I've always kinda liked it. I gave it another spin recently and I think it holds up.

They also later put out one single that dad never really liked. Discogs does not have an entry for this, so that's possibly the rarest thing I have. The two items together comprise the band's complete discography.

Searching the band name leads to an obituary for Gary Burger, lead singer of the Monks who died recently. I met Gary just once. Dad was a friend of Gary's and one day a few years back he says out of nowhere "Gary's gonna visit." I had been raised to ascribe family cult cred to The Monks, known to hipsters high and low, so I flipped out a bit but we all had a pizza with another mutual friend/bandmate of dad's. I knew that Gary hated the later stuff so I asked him what track he hated most, and I got out of him "Love Can Tame the Wild, I always hated that song."

Dad has a few hundred copies of the album in the family basement. Actually there's Monks DVD that I may get dad for christmas.

The Dreaming ( not the rock band, it's some trip-hop band from 1999 )
There's only one song of theirs on the internet and that's - youtube.com/watch?v=L2nxj0kPjlc

put it on discogs then you barbarian

They were defs worth something years ago

upload the album please

this upload it to bandcamp

youtube.com/watch?v=0MdWzAo0ewQ

Pretty sure nobody here has a signed original copy of Holy Money on CD

Few other gems too, this pic's just of autographed stuff though. Rarest things I own are probably the incredibly obscure things I find in dollar bins, I'm never going to find those albums again.

>signed fall out boy
nice

I have a pretty close to first pressing of Ummagumma if that means anything idk.

Connecticut fag here. Where do you find Amoeba records? Is that a West Coast USA only thing.

i got hairy amp drooling for 37 cents off oc a thrift shop

discogs.com/seller/Qusk/profile?sort=price,desc

BUY MY RECORDS PEOPLE
BUY THEM

BUY
MY RECORDS

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO

i have an original Rivista copy of Mizutani which i got in a Disc Union in Japan, should be pretty rare apparently.

Great, I might get a better copy, where is this? Who are these people?

bump

bandcamp pls

Its a West Coast thing.

Homemade cassette of a Lithuanian rapper.
Limited edition of 50.
Doesn't get much rarer. The music is alright too.
youtube.com/watch?v=qhPmwQaDtBU

Burmese

I got some ultra rare records but only because its local bands that nobody gives a fuck about and I bought the records because they played in the bar I work and I liked em.

Yeah, they are first press 500 limited copies, but I bought one 5 years ago and they are -still- on the first pressing and the band's houses are stacked with vinyl. Does that count?

the only "rare" thing i have is a nu metal cassette-thing.

Wolf Eyes/Panicsville split

excellent taste and jelly of that collection

Some rare Natalie Rose LeBrecht

Zorn Song Project

Don't have a pic of it right now but I have the Animal Crack Box. I guess it's decently rare.

Years ago, when I bought Snowing LP, I got a random CD with my purchase.

That SAW II sounds sweet, got a pic?

It's not that good anyways

prove it

it's sweet as a minor curiosity. the $5 price tag was much sweeter

Top left is Saint Pepsi - Hit Vibes (red vinyl promo) and bottom middle is Shamir - Northtown (got it signed by him at a show.) I also have a bootleg Boards of Canada 12" and the Confederation Through EP CD that's been skyrocketing in price lately for some reason.

Well that's just what one person values it at. It's quite easy to get disillusioned

>sold anyway
thug life

>SALE IS PROHIBITED
>$4.99

I've got a box full of noise and industrial cassettes, some from the 80's. I was really obsessed with it as a teen and spent quite some money on it. i don't think that i've got any of the really expensive and rare ones, but it's still kinda fun going through it.

Songs: Ohia - Travels in Constants, Vol. 14

Easily the rarest CD I own -- very limited release, goes for over a hundred bucks most of the time, and it's just a single. Was asking on the artist's website if there were any live recordings, wound up getting sent a copy by the singer's wife -- arrived on my birthday too, very pleasant surprise.

government plates

user the sale is prohibited literally means its not worth anything. Maybe rare but you couldn't sell that for anything more than $5

i said in my first post some radio station dropped off their promo stock. i'm not selling it. please don't make useless posts like this again

Discogs my boi

>that photo
>>>/tumblr/

I have the gold version of Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements