I'm the only one who really miss the Harry Potter fever?

I'm the only one who really miss the Harry Potter fever?
Read the books, watching the movies, playing the games, talking with nerdy bitches because "Severus is so like me.."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MQL5zdEy-3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought Harry Potter was pretty bad. I felt that the world building terrible. But at least Emma Watson was hot.

>Harry Potter fever
What the fuck?

She was not hot. You all thing she was hot because she was the major young actress when you were all developing sexually therefore you have a bond to her but she is nothing special at all.

fuck off nonce

it will be make a comeback with VR
we can leave this shithole for hogwarts soon friend

Well either way I found her attractive

oh ya man, there was a fever, midnight releases for both books and movies, it was more of a culture then star wars, if you think about it.

“As a workout for the brain, reading (or being read) Harry Potter is an activity marginally less testing than watching Neighbours. And that, at least, is vaguely about real life. These are one-dimensional children’s books, Disney cartoons written in words, no more.

“We are a country with dramatically declining standards of literacy, increasingly dragged down to the lowest common denominator by the purveyors of all forms of mindless mass entertainment. The success of the Potter books is just another dispiriting proof of the Murdoch-led dumbing down of all our lives, or what Hensher called ‘the infantilisation of adult culture’.

“What I do object to is a pedestrian, ungrammatical prose style which has left me with a headache and a sense of a wasted opportunity. If Rowling is blessed with this magic gift of tapping into young minds, I can only wish she had made better use of it. Her characters, unlike life’s, are all black-and-white. Her story-lines are predictable, the suspense minimal, the sentimentality cloying every page. (Did Harry, like so many child-heroes before him, HAVE to be yet another poignant orphan?)”

How am I wrong? When you were a teen/kid and started getting boners you noticed her because she was around your age in these popular movies. Sorry the truth hurts.

“Though the book is not well written, that is not in itself a crucial liability. It is much better to see the movie, ‘The Wizard of Oz,’ than to read the book upon which it was based, but even the book possessed an authentic imaginative vision. ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’ does not, so that one needs to look elsewhere for the book’s (and its sequels’) remarkable success.

“Hogwarts enchants many of Harry’s fans, perhaps because it is much livelier than the schools they attend, but it seems to me an academy more tiresome than grotesque. When the future witches and wizards of Great Britain are not studying how to cast a spell, they preoccupy themselves with bizarre intramural sports. It is rather a relief when Harry heroically suffers the ordeal of a confrontation with Voldemort, which the youth handles admirably.

“One can reasonably doubt that ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’ is going to prove a classic of children’s literature, but Rowling, whatever the aesthetic weaknesses of her work, is at least a millennial index to our popular culture.

“Her prose style, heavy on cliche, makes no demands upon her readers. In an arbitrarily chosen single page–page 4–of the first Harry Potter book, I count seven cliches, all of the ‘stretch his legs’ variety.

“How to read ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’? Why, very quickly, to begin with, perhaps also to make an end. Why read it? Presumably, if you cannot be persuaded to read anything better, Rowling will have to do.”

Why is the world building so shite lads? I wasn't asking for something Tolkien tier, I'd have settled for GRRM tier

Nigga I was like 16 when socerer's stone came out, I thought she was a shit until around Prisoner or Goblet, she's just objectively attractive, still is.

If the characters were Japanese instead of British, this would have been dismissed as just another generic high school anime on the infinite heap of high school anime. Think about it. The writing is equally as compelling.

It's called growing up.
I'm sure there will be teenagers on Sup Forums in a few years reminiscing on how great the Hunger Games was.

I really liked 'Prisoner of Azkaban'. It was the only Harry Potter film I liked

the shoped panties look more evident everytime i see this

>tfw short, shaggy, dark brown hair and glasses

growing up while Harry Potter was a thing was a nightmare for me

>millenials

>you can not find her attractive because I say so!

Emma is the same age as me, so we were growing up together. Weirdly, i never stopped lusting after her as she was in the first film. Adult Emma is gross.

Also that picture is an edit by a guy named Alex, kind of popular among certain circles.

when I was young I was all about Herminone, then Luna.

Now its all Bella. I must have been blind back then.

Why is Hermoine white?

Because movies >>>> theatre productions in canon.

Because the author drew her white, described her as white and cast a white girl to play her in the movie

Where are the qt desu girl girls in Harry Potter?

yeah Disney cartoons never really took off either did they?

lmao what a cunt

>Weirdly, i never stopped lusting after her as she was in the first film.
The reason is not a mystery. You're a pedophile.

Who is this butthurt fellow? Seems like someone who's mad about none of his books ever beinh succesful ever

>pedophile

So you're saying i'm a pedo for preferring this cutie to an old and busted feminazi bitch she turned into?

>you will never escape your shitty muggle life by being invited to attend Hogwarts
>you will never rush through the barrier at King's Cross station and find a seat next to a Hermione-esque qt
>you will never walk around a giant castle in robes all day
>you will never lie tucked up in bed in your small stone-floored dorm at night as the wind and rain thrashes outside
>you will never sit with your qt crush by the fire in the Gryffindor common room
>you will never nervously make your way down to the great hall for the Yuletide Ball and find your qt crush waiting for you with her friends
>you will never browse a shop selling magical books with your qt gf in Diagon Alley
>you will never attend a feast in the great hall
>you will never eat breakfast in the great hall and have your pet owl deliver some comfy winter clothes from back home
>you will never sneak out at night to make out with your shy Hufflepuff girlfriend
>you will never nervously stand in front of the whole school before being sorted into your desired house
>you will never solve mysteries with your buddies
>you will never get the rare salty coin bean from Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Jelly Belly Beans
>you will never defend yourself against a dementor
>you will never attend the Quidditch World Cup
>you will never be befriended by a giant eccentric gatekeeper
>you will never celebrate the end of the O.W.L exams by getting drunk with your qt gf and listening to post-Goblin core music in your dorm
>you will never be forced to stay at Hogwarts over the Christmas break and spend your time in the library reading in silence and watching the snow falling through the leaded windows
>you will never taste butterbear
>you will never have a calm, compassionate and humorous headmaster to serve as the father figure you never had

>So you're saying i'm a pedo for preferring 11 year old children to adult women

Yes.

Is it curable? I don't want to be one of those people.

...yeah...yes?

>Is it curable?
Yes. Put a gun to your temple and pull the trigger.

Shit. I never even realized I wanted this until I read this post.

ok, it went click, now what?

who cares what you like

>developing sexually

At 38 ?

>38

Oh jesus, what are you still doing here at that age? For god's sake, save yourself.

I guess your a late bloomer lmao

>le babbys 1st psychology meme
I'm 5 years older than her and have never seen a single Harry Potter movie.
She is objectively gorgeous.

What do you think is the average age here ? Well think again.

do see the little mouse in OP's posted image?
what a cute little mouse
I want to pet that mouse

Try harder

you're literally shitposting with people half your age

And you're literally shitposting with people twice your age, what of it?

i'm not only okay with this, but embrace it fully

i was older than the harry potter shit and never read the books or watch the movies. but always thought she was a cutie, and now think she is hot as fuck. i dont know, there is just something about her

you're so cute. And a newfag. If you're are not able to determine the average age (just check the movies references, for example), you don't get you're posting in a forum with peolple twice or even 3 times your age.

Fag

I just don't know how you can enjoy spending time here when you're so much more mature than the rest of the userbase. I'd be like me enjoying spending time at a preschool

let's meet again in 20 years, shall we?

I loved it at the time. I was still young so it all felt so damn magical. When the movies came out I was like right around the same age as the characters I think.

Yeah, no one ever sees movies made before they were born. Idiot.

Protip: your brain stops developing in highschool and so does everyone else's. It's highschool all the way until the end. Enjoy.

Thanks for proving my point

Who /goblet/ here Why do HP fans have such a hard time conceding that this was the best movie?

No problem, consider it proven.

Because Prisoners of Afghanistan was the best

Is this picture for real? How old was she here? Who thought it was a good idea to take and publish it?

This. She's not ugly but she was always average desu.

There are many things you can critique about Harry Potter Series.
>What I do object to is a pedestrian, ungrammatical prose style
That's one of them, if you actually bother to substantiate it

>Her characters, unlike life’s, are all black-and-white. Her story-lines are predictable, the suspense minimal, the sentimentality cloying every page.
That's not. It's a children's book, you dumbass.

>(Did Harry, like so many child-heroes before him, HAVE to be yet another poignant orphan?)”
Even if a large majority of the plot didn't revolve around that very point, there is literally nothing wrong with retreading familiar ground.
The fact that someone supposed to be a critic doesn't get the difference between an orphan hero as a means to ignore bothering to flesh out the family and one who isn't, is quite frankly depressing.

That's Ignoring the proceeding self important bollocks that dyes my eyes purple

Because Rowling originally planned it to be a whimsical children's adventure, that focused mostly on the wide eyed wonder of magic.
She wrote lots of things without thinking about the consequences, and didn't realise the implications until it was too late.
The resulting patch ups made the problem worse.

Yeah, who cares about morality. Who cares that muslim gangs groom prepubescent white girls and rape them in their own countries, who cares that people molest children and fuck animals

Fuck, you sound like a retard. But what was I expecting from an anime-posting, basement dwelling weeb. You yourself are probably projecting that you want to diddle kids as well you nigger

She was really at her best in PoA

Why, what's wrong with it?

Snape may have been a cuck, but he was a genuinely well-written character.

this is the nigga that knows

Is this a still from the movie?

It's too late for any of us.

>2006
>wow Snape is a really badass character. he's so mysterious, intelligent, stoic, etc., probably the greatest wizard

>2016
>Snape still in a fit of rage getting cucked by his childhood crush and bullies children in retaliation? what a loser

What happened?

>masturbating to prepubescent actresses is the same as grooming children and raping them

The ironic thing is, I bet you support the former you retarded /got/fag redditurd.

Also
there's no grooming with sandnigger barbarians.
They literally just run up and start tearing their clothes off because they're no wearing burkas.
Anyone who supports open borders needs their skin sheared off.

He was painted as a loser that couldn't deal with his issues since book 1, m8

>you on the left

Jani go eat a hotpocket and stop disturbing people discussing movies.

>ywn kiss her feets
;_;

People seem to forget about Deathly Hallows

youtube.com/watch?v=MQL5zdEy-3k

Hey kid.

Fuck, I've been on 4ch too long. I mean, I was literally in the first thread when someone noticed they censored the panties in the DVD release. How long ago was it? 10 years? More? I know the movie came out in 2002 or so, but this takes me way fucking back.

Tell me you at least remember the twilight Hysteria?

Wait, if it was censored in the DVD release then how did someone get such a high res screenshot of the scene?

Even the original scene in the film was censored. You literally never see the panties.

It's a shitpost. You don't even see it in the films.

You idiots, it's a shop. A fake. By a guy named Alex. He does lewder stuff, but it's hard to find on regular internet since he doesn't mind using certain... techniques in his edits.

I KNOW YOU DUMB FUCK THAT'S WHAT I LITERALLY JUST FUCKING SAID.

>guy says it was 'censored' and you never see it anyway
>IT'S A SHOOP YOU GUYS XDDD

Sup Forums has some of the dumbest people on the fucking shadow puppet animation website that is 4chin.

Are you guys retarded? Do you know what censored means? Jesus Fuck. There's nothing to censor or "leave out". It's an edit.

Is he the guy that basically got CP, made it look like it had been drawn, then shooped Emma Watsons face on? I seem to remember seeing that on boorus.

Yeah that's one of the more popular ones. But he did loads.