SHAVING

SHAVING..
This is essential. DO NOT use cheap plastic razors. Invest in a double edge safety razor. You'll save money AND you'll only have to ever buy one for the rest of your life.

I bought a 34c Merkur DE Safety Razor.
A tube of Proraso shaving cream
100 x Feather (the best) Blades
And an Omega shaving brush
I use a cheap cereal bowl to lather-up.

THE best shave I have ever had. Do it /bro's, you'll never regret it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2IuA8HGacJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>actual advice on Sup Forums
>is good advice

fuck those things, they're only good for boy's facial hair.

I would if I could, but I couldn't find one in this shit country.

Is it harder to use than a plastic razor ?

prepare to be ridiculed
I agree though

>inb4 weeb says he shaves with nip sword.

switched to DE shaving years ago and will never go back to cartridge. too bad most people on Sup Forums aren't old enough to shave though

Not really, just don't use any pressure.

Actually I don't like to shave, but while I'm here any recommendations on a trimmer?

you know nothing, son.

Is it good for sensitive skin? I get the worst shaving rash just thinking about a razor. Tried all the shave oils, balms you name it.

Would buy but cant grow anything but stache

Use a slant bar razor

Use a boar hair brush, I prefer semogue

Use shaving soap, not cream

Buy a blade sample pack and try everything, you will find your favorite blade

Make sure to use a good aftershave

>chan/jew/

This guy's wet shave tutorials are good:

youtube.com/watch?v=2IuA8HGacJw

I love using my DE but, sadly, I still come out in a fucking rash after a close shave. I have to do light trims to avoid my face/neck looking like a fucking mess.

i do know it's impossible to keep the blade at a steady angle through thick hairs

You'll never get shaving rash again...those plastic razors and electric ones rip the hair out...the blades on these are so much better for you and your skin.

Represent it's so fucking cheap, my grandfather's razor, an old ass gilette and works better then some one I bought online and is kind of neat and nostalgic I guess using something so old. I use some soap my girl bought me for my birthday it's from something in Bond Street in London its popular for their products. Sandalwood flavored and smells like man scent, like can't explain just plain man from like 30 years ago not some crazy strong smell just real basic. Blades are dirt cheap and I get tons of use out of them

I got one too, OP!

What lather are you using? Do you shave after a shower to open your pores? What blade?

They're on Ebay and Amazon.What kind of a country doesn't sell razors?

Taylor of Old Bond Street cream, only ever shave after a shower and I use Wilkinson Sword blades.

I think I'm just broken.

Try the feather blades and only use them 3-4 times before chucking them. Also strop the blades on the inside of your arm or edge of your hand to keep them sharp.

Should have gone with a silvertip badger brush..

You've got that backwards faggot.
The only better shave is a cutthroat razor, but they take a lot of practise to use well.

I love the idea of passing these on.

I prefer straight razors, it's a good deal of fun to restore and maintain them yourself.

I know, that's my next brush. I didn't want to spend too much at first but yes, a badger brush is next.

I still use a straight razor and barbasol. OP is a faggot.

I'm always sure to never overuse blades. I'll give these feather blades a go, who knows, might be my saving grace. Many thanks for the advice.

This user is so hipster he hates rivers.

>too mainstream

Your 'shaving' grace.

>Implying the underagers on Sup Forums (the majority) can grow a beard.

I agree, I got on a while back, never use those piss tier things, DE or Straight or get the fuck out.

Bond Street is the fucking bomb man, Lime lather is great.

It's not being a hipster to get a decent shave you faggot.

> restore
3-5 of those are old, the rest are cheap China shit

I gave up shaving when I left the Marines, I have a "Grizzly Adams" now, I look like some kind of wildman (or so others tell me).
I have two straight razors, I use them for slitting throats and nothing else.
You guys are pretty-boys trying to look civilized, man's nature is not to be caged, I think this applies to all things.
Be the sheep or the wolf, all I ever see you guys do is bleat.

Don't lie. I bet you vape too.

finally something on Sup Forums that isnt cancer

Now hate me.

Can you shave your gonads with this guy?

I just got one and the first time I tried I ended up getting a lot of razor burn and cut no hairs. Is my angle all fucked up?

Vintage model

So how many Katanas do you own?

There are a few baddies, but more than half are older than you.
Probably, it's also likely that the blade isn't as sharp as it should be.

Doubt it but maybe the hair above the benis

>I bought a 34c Merkur DE Safety Razor.
Fuck me, I've not seen the shill for this company here for a long while, especially after he had his ass handed to him

>left the Marines
>man's nature is not to be caged

I chuckled.

>mfw this post is viral marketing but it's working because i've never wanted anything so bad in my life

You can't even spell practice correctly. Go back and use the electric razor your daddy bought you.

They're THE BEST, faggot. i don't think they need shilling.

Bought this week.

Not sure how well the new ones would but I mean there's really nothing that can wear down, this one is like pure brass on top of a steel threading and a copper shaving surface that goes against the skin, and it's been like polished to like a mirror over decades of shaving kind of neat
Bond street really is amazing, before I just always used mug lather soap but it made her break out if shed use the sink afterwards and it smells like weird cheap restaurant bathroom soap lol

Love the Taylor of Old bond. I'm using the Eton College right now, want to try the Coconut next. Shit lasts a long time.

Nice copypasta my dude

Bought a Mühle and the feather blades. Not the yellow labeled ones, but the gray ones. They are directly from Japan.

>They're THE BEST, faggot
Yeah, right. Yawn. Just like the last viral assault by Merkur shills some months back.

Dis my shit

That's a yes.Once a week I shave my beans and frank, then switch to a new blade to do my face for the next week.

Why would they mention a cereal boewl and not a Merkur branded shaving bowl or scuttle?

THINK, moron.

None.

Sandalwood is boss.

Dumb butt, merkur makes the best affordable razors, no shilling required.

BS. if you treat a disposable like it isn't so disposable it will last just as long. I get about 2 months from one disposable. You can't get that many shaves from a safety razor. Stop knocking your disposables into the sink. clean your face before shaving. rinse often. soap your face before shaving.

ya but...this one has FIVE blades...

Where do you think I learned this intrinsic truth?

OOOOH SHAVING TOO KEEP YOUR BOYFRIEND HAPPY ? FAGGOT

It's not viral marketing. Add up the expenses and it's the cheapest thing going. Unless you want to use the same shit your gf uses on her legs.
>implying gf

i have a "bergischer löwe" razor.
its good but you are not able to shave against the dash. (i hope i translated it right)
the good thing is you dont have to buy razor blades whatsoever

is that for pealing potatoes?

I guess it's their best selling, may have to give it a go.
Lavender is really good, the lemon lime was not very strongly scented.

Doubt that.
Unless more than half are pre 1983, and it doesn't look like they are.

Not knocking the collection, it's cool in its own right, I was just questioning how much restoring went into that collection.

>Two months from a disposable
>Do you have like 2 chin hairs

I was drunk and bored before I shaved my legs with one, I made a barber shop pole swirl going up and used like half of a soap, my girlfriend was like what the fuck did you do ?+

Dash should be grain, I think
Do you have a strop or any hones?

Love Eton college. Also love trumpers west indies limes, smells like summer.

To people who want to try something without forking out too much cash, those of us in the US can go to bath and body works. Their C.O. Bigelow shaving cream is repackaged proraso, and you can get a travel tube for $5, it'll last a couple months of daily use. It has eucalyptus and menthol, so its great for summer.

I'm flattered by your assumption that this is somehow something I have had to purloin and pass as my own.
Trust me, this is all my own work.
You will realize too late the nature of yourself and curse yourself for being so dismissive and cynical.
Laugh at me if you like, I share only for my own benefit, I have tried my best to help you out of the world you have settled for.
A dialogue is welcome, but it's the chan and I know what awaits me.
Like the old Chinese proverb says "A nail that sticks out will be hammered", you guys stay low, I can take my own.

Gotta get them legs nice for your girl

samefagging to the extreme

Taylors of old bond street. I use it too. The rose scented one is also great

Only response is yelling at autocorrect
This is why people laugh at you user

Dude that looks sweet.

ALWAYS cancer on /b. Even in a thread that's actually useful.

I find them easier to use; they clog up far less.

Git gud kiddo your shit is weak

i don't shave but thanks for the advice

You need to try different blades. I have serious facial hair and I do fine after I found the right blade. Thick hair could use sharper blades with a light touch like the feathers op mentioned. (Too much pushing/forcing the blade like with a cartridge will give you serious razor burn.) A good shaving cream is important, too. It does take effort to get these right but when you do, you get an amazing shave for pennies.

Always has to be an asshole to come in and shit up a thread

Perhaps I'm using the wrong word. These all came from thrift/antique shops, and then I usually just have to sharpen them and remove the patina. I have replaced some of the scales and completely reground a few of them.

If you grow an actual beard like a proper man, disposables don't last at all.

You sir, are a faggot with high estrogen levels

Oh do grow up. Viral marketing, which is what's going on ITT, relies on someone apparently independent endorsing a product he's been paid to post about.

It'd look pretty suspicious if the Merkur shill had a Merkur brush, a Merkur bowl with Merkur-branded shaving cream, a Merkur T-shirt, Merkur shorts, Merkur underpants, Merkur socks and a Merkur dildo rammed up his ass then came on and claimed "Hurr durr, I'm completely independent and impartial, but I think this Merkur razor is the best".

Fuckwit

Trying and failing to point out samefagging is pretty bad. Patting someone on the back for it, that's cancer to the next level, well done.

Cancer.

>Always has to be an asshole to come in and expose our viral campaign
FTFY

Same cancer.

VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING

Yea...Merkur has been around longer than any of us, and they are paying people to come on the neckbeard capital, Sup Forums, and shill.
Cause that makes a lot of sense.

no idea what hones is but i have 2 strops.
1 is just a normal leather one
the second is a special one u have to use like once in a year. (it is prepared with iron oxide; see picture)
you also rarely have to sharpen the blade itself.. if you into that stuff you can do it yourself with japanese waterstones or you can send it away for like 20 euros and some guy does that for you