My cat has been suffering from conjuctivitis for 4-5 months now...

My cat has been suffering from conjuctivitis for 4-5 months now. I don't have much money to blow on a vet that seems to have no idea what's going on and it's to the point where I have no idea what the fuck to do.

He's about 14 years old and an outdoor cat; because of this I'm guessing he has FHV-1. It is unilateral and fairly severe as of late. The pic is not my cat, but the inflammation is roughly the same (if not slightly more).

I previously tried trifluridine every two hours to no avail. I'm able to easily get any prescription so I've also tried plenty of antibiotics. This has been going for *months*; I don't think any normal infection runs its course for so long.

I'm taking another attempt with trifluridine starting today, and plan to use it every two hours, even throughout the night, for the coming two days.

Do any of you have any idea what could possibly be wrong with my cat? Like I said, I find it hard to believe that he would show symptoms of FHV in one eye only for months on end. Any ideas, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

thecatsite.com/t/239830/nice-home-remedy-for-conjunctivitis-that-is-working
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have no idea but I feel sorry for you and your cat

I'm not sure have you tried any home remedies go try this out

thecatsite.com/t/239830/nice-home-remedy-for-conjunctivitis-that-is-working

He is pretty old. Could just be the first sign of a shut down.

Still has the same appetite, still loves going outside, etc. He's on the older side but I would imagine he would be showing more signs.

Needs chloramphenicol drops if owt. Kept in fridge and used every two hours. Don't feed your cat antibiotics as it'll fuck up the immune system more.

Use a paving slab to head , quick and painless

>cntrl+f "vet"
>0 matches

Wtf OP? Just go to the damn vet.

Search for silver gel, that stuff works wonders.

he just fucking said hes a poor fag

Go to the dollar store and get some triple antibiotic and gauze. Best you can do if you don't have $ for a vet.

don't be a faggot op. come up with the money and go to the vet to get a lethal injection.

u stupid amerifuc, u kill this cat with those antibiotics etc .... so stop, just give him fresh clear water, and stop feed him with catfood, buy raw meat etc like this. he will be ok in a few weeks i think, dont wash him and do him on fresh air

Jeebus, it's not bad enough to justify chloramphenicol.

He'll get the .22 if he needs it. As of right now, I'm just concerned that the inflammation will attract other infections.

If you would have read my post you would have seen that my vet is useless.

I have enough to drop on any reasonable treatment and can get any prescription; the vet is just a retard.

Just fucking kill your cat. The fuck is wrong with white people?

im white and i agree. why even give an animal you own medical treatment? why even own animals? it's 2016, transcend your want to own animals

>an outdoor cat
You lost my sympathy. Hope the fucker dies. That'll teach him to shit on my lawn.

Go to tractor supply co if you have one and find terramycin in the vet section. If not you can order it online. Every cat I've had with an eye infection, the vet prescribes it. It wont cure whatever else your cat has but it should take the eyes back to normal with regular use 2-4 times daily. Heal time depends on severity. A stray I found took a little over a month.

Why don't you visit a different vet? Or a vet in another area?

Said earlier he doesn't have much money for one

If you can't get to a vet to get the rift eye drops make a genuine effort to make a saline solution with water and salt (not too much salt, don't be a cunt) and use cotton buds to clean it's eyes 3-4 times a day.

This is the best thing you can do with no budget.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I live in bumfuck nowhere. Fuck people who lets their animals run around, though.

Sounds like it's worth a shot. Thanks for the advice.

Ow sure.
When its a pet we should just kill it when it gets sick.
But still giving us shit about how we put down niggers that got ill back in the day

sometimes.... the best way to show your pet you love them, is to let them go, OP. he's clearly in pain, as you describe. and he's old. it's... time.

it's an affordable procedure. and he'll just go to sleep. or, you can do it yourself (if you have a pellet gun/.22/handgun/rifle handy.

Shoot for the brainstem. Instant death.

>buy a strong rucksack
>tie up cat
>place cat in bag
>throw in river
> microwave
>trhow off a bridge
>or hit with a hammer
fuck cats

THIS is what happens to "outdoor pets" in my neighborhood.

Like I said, he'll get the .22 when it's time. Until then, I have no problem with a quick fix if it's just a quick prescription or OTC away.

How about you throw yourself off a bridge, faggot?

chamomile tea you raging faggot ,,soak a clean cloth and wipe its eyes..do this often ..use google dammit and help that kitty,,youfaggot

this----->>>

Go back to the retard vet and ask them to search for a posible outside object that may have become lodged in the eye. This may have caused the infection and most definitely would have caused the inflamation. Give your cat Tripple A/B w/Dex Ophthalic Drops 3 times a day if no outside object is found. and purchase lysine chews for a once daily feed. Hope this helps op.

hey asshole. go to petfriends.com and see if they'll help. you are such a total dickless fagot for letting your pet get this bad. i hope you get your eyes clawed out. and i don't even like cats. fucking moron.

Nice Imgur/Reddit Copy Pasta.

Leave edgelord

Try Neosporin. It doesn't have any grit to harm the eyes.

9/10 had a good laugh

Dude...put the poor thing down. You gave it a good life, and it's quality of life is shit now. Just end its misery. Poor kitty.

Damn you are on a whole new level of retarded. Stop voicing your thoughts. Anywhere. Just keep your stupid little thoughts in your stupid little brain.

Go to a different vet?

Over the counter chloramphenicol, it's a basic antibiotic, costs about £3. I'm an optician but have used these things on my pets for decades.

Flush it down the toilet.

Dude seriously do whatever it takes to get ur cat to an experienced vet.

I'm no pharmacist but am pretty interested in medicine. I know it's cheap, but isn't it generally considered not as safe as other antibiotics. Is this only when IVing it?

is there not an animal charity in your area?. here in the uk we have the PDSA which treats animals for free

kill your cat
/Thread

This needs to be a copypasta

bump for interest

my dog have something like that since 2 month and he's 13 yo

>conjunctivitis
>vet doesn't seem to know what's going on

Either your vet told you it was conjunctivitis, or you just googled it. If it was your vet, you'd have the medication to take care of it.

Chances are, you just googled it and decided a visit to the vet wasn't important enough.

Whatever the case, you're a horrible pet owner. Go to the Vet you cheap fuck.

>cheap fuck

Give him the money to visit the vet man. If he could go to the vet do you really think he'd come to Sup Forums asking for help

ffs

My mother was an optometrist. Not everybody is a fucking retard who can't recognize simple shit like conjunctivitis.

My vet is a genuine retard. I'm fine with being responsible for an animal but I'm not paying for guess and check. If we've had an Oak Ridge worker on Sup Forums, I'm sure there's a vet or somebody with insight that can help out.

I'm sure you have somebody change your oil and do your plumbing for you.

Post on Sup Forums