Tell me Sup Forums, is he god tier? Is he shit? About to watch his new special Make Happy...

Tell me Sup Forums, is he god tier? Is he shit? About to watch his new special Make Happy, just wanna hear opinions before I do

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ejc5zic4q2A
youtube.com/watch?v=rYy0o-J0x20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He aight

hes cool. is his new special on netflix? sounds like a good one to watch baked

He's decent. Targets teenagers and such, but does a shitton out of his shows.

Yea it's on netflix. From what some of my friends tell me, he sounds hilarious. I just hoped he isn't overhyped and I get my hopes up

I liked his songs on YouTube years ago

hes like the Sup Forums version of demetri martin imo

Form your own opinions, you sack of shit.

It's above average, really talented for his age.

user, why must you attack me in such a way? You hurt my feelings

His old shit was good, but the last couple of specials sucked ass.

Most of his jokes are tied to the title
He also loves word play.
Keep that in mind

I like his style of comedy. Not your typical standup artist, writes songs and little shows to perform onstage. Make Happy was good, I liked what. better but Make Happy isn't bad

Sounds good to me, I love word play

Is his other special on netflix? Cause if so, I can't find it. Might want to watch it if he's actually funny

to me, his overall theme is 'Get over yourself'
there's a song in Make Happy called 'Kill Yourself'
you'll likely enjoy it

just by reading this and knowing his style im guessing the only lyrics to the song are kill yourself

>Kill Yourself

Kek

He is god tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=ejc5zic4q2A

youtube.com/watch?v=rYy0o-J0x20

Was bretty good. Watched ten minutes of it and forced my girlfriend to watch it since I figured she'd like it. She thought he was so unfunny until the dumbest joke, and was hooked until the end. Truly good. The outtro is the best part.

not him, but if he's talking about the other special its mostly likely what. You can find it on his youtube channel

The new one (that your about to watch) isn't as good as the other show he had/has on Netflix. I wasn't too impressed, but was definitely excited.

I say this is his best work. Really clever, lots of genuine laughs at how he sets up some of the jokes. You can really appreciate the layering of the themes and how he cuts through two or more swathes of social commentary with one off-beat punchline that swells into a knockout as each layer of the irony unfolds. As usual, his movement around the stage feels stiff and robotic at times, a point he addresses midway through the show in one of many jabs he takes at himself and his writing style. While this "one man show" style standup act still has the awkwardness and roboticism we're used to seeing from Bo 'fo sho, he has sharpened his wit and softened his edge as he comes into adulthood, in a move that meets the audience halfway between where we first met Burnham in the pits of Youtube, and where is now on the outskirts of Hollywood stardom.

8/10, 10/10 if you're already a fan.

His other special is on netflix, it's called "what." Also the end of Make Happy hit me in the feels, so I definitely recommend watching both

is this the one were he gets the crowd to say nigger?

Make your own opinion, faggot

I personally think he's pretty good. Kind of immature, but the lyrics work for what they are.

Yea I think I found it, seems like his channel considering its his name

why feels? i watched it but didnt rly understand the meaning i guess.. is it him expressing some sort of depression or something alone those lines?

no, he talks about going to see a therapist and whatnot
its really quite good, you should watch it
he's not an edgelord like you might be thinking

Once I watch it then I can finally form my own. I never really watched him, I've only heard of him. But from what I hear, he sounds pretty good, I'm just hoping he will be

Different user here, he hit me with the feels because he was basically asking if I was happy with my life. He asked over and over am I happy with different aspects of life that I am not too happy about, then he told us to just be happy. I dunno, hard to explain

Happy is that one

I stopped watching Make Happy, I thought it was bad and self indulgent

But go ahead and watch it because some of it was funny, you might like it

He basically asks if you're genuinely happy with where you are with your life. He also asks if you're something you said you would never be

partially for the same reasons as this user but also because it kind of put into words how i generally feel about my own life, i'm a pretty nostalgic/reflective person and I'm kind of stuck in limbo right now (21, community college, no idea what to do with my life) so it struck a chord with me, no pun intended

i totally understand what you mean by self indulgent
but, by thinking that, you are falling into the trap of sanctimony, or holier-than-thou-ness.
by saying, 'this is bad because i dont like it', you are being a pompous cunt
his entire show satirizes the people who dont like it
i might be giving him too much credit, thats just how i see it
like, the last song, when he's is over the piano asking, 'are you happy?'
hes giving a big middle finger to all those who answer 'YES', because everybody is unhappy
thus, i think his entire message is 'get the fuck over yourselves'

The ending gets really feelsy but only if you can relate to what he says in the song but this is Sup Forums, he'll probably mention that'll hit your heart. Hit mine when he brought up the whole parent related stuff

the self-indulgence of the performance is a huge part of what makes the act his own, its just a part of his comedic style

>Your dad was right
>Hey mom, I made it
>Are you happy?

You'll only get attacked if you deserve it