bumping
haven't seen one in a while
OP Canadian?

Nope, US

Missing from my pic is a copper maratac cr123

Bump

Whoops, forgot pic

cannot contriboot right now

I get why Americans carry cannons, but why knives? Self-defence as well? Or for daily non-contentious challenges?

Yes.

>why knives?
I find myself needing to cut things frequently.

>Self-defence as well?
Only as an absolute last resort, knives are the worst self defense weapon.

>Or for daily non-contentious challenges?
Mostly this^

can someone maybe be more helpful than this faggot?

r8

cheers
i'm stoned so the questions may appear random

what do you usually cut? live in the sticks somewhere?

Those are all nice things. I'm now realizing that my pen and marker aren't in my pic either. I'll have to take a new one some time

that's my favourite pen

what country are you from?

italy

expensive edc a fucking spiderco

>i'm stoned so the questions may appear random
I'll have to have some so we can communicate effectively.

Not in the sticks, but nearby and I enjoy spending time innawoods. Typical cut tasks include, various rope, strapping materials, cardboard, wood. I've been building/upgrading small boat docks lately.

not that much really, my manix 2 retails for 120€ max here

Ahh, a cringe thread!

gotcha, thanks, you deserve a bowl

what is the main source of income in your area?
how do people spend their days?

I've always wanted to move to the woods, somewhere quiet - but always thought it would be too boring

Not that user but spyderco are some damn fine knives, I've been wanting a para 2, but I really want a yojimbo 2 before they become too hard to find and everyone jacks up the price

Small penises

knifecenter.com/item/BM162/Benchmade-162-Bushcrafter-Fixed-Blade-Knife

I use it for both

Old pic but edc hasn't changed

another one with a knife

assume you live in a rural area? cannot imagine this being a practical carry in a big city

>what is the main source of income in your area?
It's really a large mixture, i'm in a suburb of Philadelphia, not far from Trenton NJ, and I know many people that travel to NY to work every day.

>how do people spend their days?
Same, pretty strong mix of people working, retired, deadbeats living off the government or their parents.

>I've always wanted to move to the woods, somewhere quiet - but always thought it would be too boring

The boring part is what would be the hardest part. I've got a friend that grew up living off the grid with his parents and brother and sister. I always thought their place was so awesome because they had a damn mountain in their backyard with all kinds of wildlife, huge pond with fish, trails all over the place. All my buddy and his siblings wanted was for me to tell them about movies and shit on TV. I felt bad for them in that sense, but they were still really happy overall.

security guard at LG?

Hornady Critical Duty?

Way to go you, smoking the cheapest cigs you can find.

A guard wouldn't carry a compact pistol

Critical defense?

Yeah I know they aren't the best but hey, at least I'm not walking around with ball rds

>smoker

No. Lab tech for LG. Gun comes off at work and it's right back on when I get off

I have Critical Duty in my glock, I think they are just fine.

I do carry a full frame from time to time but still I'm no guard

Yes. See

wtf do you do all day ? throw phones at tvs ?

>i would never end up using it for fear of dmg
It's a great blade but not worth buying to have as a safe queen imo. There are similar knives that are more affordable, but it's really about how much you're willing to spend on a tool.

Pic taken white my Iphone 6 and I also have some ray bans. but i left them in my car.

>buddy and his siblings
that's as sad as it is scary

how long is the commute to NY? good public transport? do people drive SUVs or Priuses?

do you have pics of a typical local high street?

thanks, this is quite interesting

Lotta people give shit for "cheap plastic novelty bullets" I just don't carry ball rds. I have basic hollow points in my G22

We make countertops. Part of the solid surfaces division

kitchen appliances? or modern office?

Lol, not in my area, several brands are cheaper. After Marlboro switched to the safety papers I switched because they never tasted right to me after that. I landed on L&M because they taste good and are comparable in strength regarding full flavor cigarettes

Countertops. Like Quartz and acrylic slabs. Also fake car leather but that's a new plant we just built on our property and a different division.

Is that a Kershaw? If not, they've ripped off the Kershaw design...

I'm working on it. Went from 2.5 packs a day to 1 pack a day. Still cutting down, eventually going to quit.

how is LG involved in that? design, manufacture?

(Tops Knives Brothers of Bushcraft) i own this for heavy duty work so yeah

Both. Lg isn't just electronics and appliances. We're a worldwide corporation. Also they pay for our insurance 100% cept for copay

maybe you know but hell how much do they pay all in all for tvs like how much do they mark them up from what they pay ?

>Non-smoker

i knew it was diversified, just never researched the extent
100% insurance is pretty impressive for the States

My wallet and this shitty knife...thats all
>rate
Be gentle

Now that I have no clue on. It's probably a lot but they pay out the ass in design and development. So if you wanna count that then probably not as much as you'd think. We have graduates from the top art schools in America doing our design hands on without computers and top chemical engineers working out the formulas and recipes for our countertops. Plus about 30 full time guys and about 20 temps all making bank manufacturing the product. 1 slab costs about $1000 on average.

hands story ?

provide background
job, country?

>buddy and his siblings
>that's as sad as it is scary
It may have been how I worded it, but they have a good life.

>how long is the commute to NY? good public transport? do people drive SUVs or Priuses?
Commute depends, I have a buddy that works in Manhattan that spends about 5 hours a day just traveling to and from work. He's in a strong union so there's always work and he makes a ton of cash when the work picks up. Public transport is ok, but it gets a little sketchy as you get close to and into NY. Then again, that's coming from two people I know that have to get on trains that are known for being shitty. People drive anything, I don't see many prius' at all but I do see them. I drive a Ford Escape, and every morning I see a guy filling up his Bently at the same gas station I go to. I see everything from rusted out beaters, super cars, heavily modded tuners, muscle cars, hot rods, super bikes etc.

>do you have pics of a typical local high street?
That I don't have, sorry Sup Forumsro
>thanks, this is quite interesting
You're welcome!

Tile thing fuckin blew up stronger than i thought

+ the full insurance ok thx for answering user

Minimalist, non-smoker, laborer from Florida

Those look like Critical Defense to me...not even critical duty lel...

I will say that those rounds get a bad wrap throughout the Internet, but I've tested them with BG and they're actually pretty damn fine when u consider how light the load is..

Why does everybody has a knife? Is crime rate so high where you guys live that you need some sort of every day protection or what? If I would get caught carying a knife by the police for a random search, would get a big ass fine and probably have to give a statement.

not most of us me mainly i use mine for things like cutting rope, boxes, etc things like that

>beaters, super cars, heavily modded tuners, muscle cars, hot rods

OK, maybe the area is not as rural as I had imagined. Sounds nice, though. I, too, have colleagues that commute for hours every day.

I live in Central London, I love it here, but I also keep finding the rural life increasingly appealing

Yes it's a 1990 brawler

Yeah. They're crit def. they feed and they're cheap. I'll prolly check out gold dots or something next. These keep getting me laughed at in the Internet. Lol

That's the A typical yuropoor response. We have them because we can, faggot. Better to have it and not need it than vice versa.

I'm sorry for your country's loss... Of freedom

tags / nam ?

i've got that knife. the clip sucks. get a Cryo, it's the best Kershaw.

Hello serpa friend! G43 guy here. I keep my G22 in a serpa rig. Love it and still haven't shot my dick off

Ah yes the Internet where all dudes are 6'2" and have 8 inch cocks. That's a fine round. I mean you can look up the ballistics yourself. They do a lot of damage for only 115 grains mang

Thanks. Visited Orlando once, stayed at the Bonnet Creek Waldourf, went out to some bars in the Northern part of Orlando, pretty nice. People were very nice as well, wondering how the public attitude has been since the shootings

All that with those faggy sunglasses?

Yeah. I know. That's why I didn't rush right out and replace them when I posted this months ago and got heckled. But thanks for the added vote of confidence and not being an unnecessary dick on the Internet.

hi endo

Yeah except that's a Springfield XD. Not him, btw.

They're costas. Like their flagship model. Alas I have drunkenly misplaced them and have had to resort to using my heavy ass rayban aviators. Fuggin solid glass lenses or something

It was tense but its allready starting to loosen up, the publics morale might have been whacked alittle but like anything once it leaves the main news channel everyone forgets

You don't say. What kind of holster do you suppose he uses on his, what was it again? Ecks Dee?

Nice

I love where I live. I can drive to philly in about 20 min. I can drive to Atlantic city in about an hour with traffic. NY a little over an hour. Or I can drive north to the mountains in about 1.5 hours, and even further out if I drive longer. I love Pennsylvania, I can be in a major city, or in a huge forest, or in the mountains depending on which direction I go.

London is awesome, I have family there. I haven't been there in years though.

I dont feel like I need a knife to carry it around me everywhere...I feel pretty safe but there are no niggers where I live.

Still tho. Your govt doesn't trust you.

good to hear that. Orlando weather is too sticky for me.

>I love where I live
Sounds sweet. Mind sharing a bit more? Like income level and local property prices?

>London is awesome
couldn't agree more, provided you can afford to live as well as enjoy it. Also pls disregard the recent Brexit incident, it's not reflective of London

>Why does everybody has a knife?
Just for daily cutting tasks.

Is crime rate so high where you guys live that you need some sort of every day protection or what?
No, but the people I know that carry for self defense typically carry a gun, there are gun laws to protect you if you need to use it to protect yourself or someone else, there are no knife laws to protect you if you use it to defend yourself or someone else. I've trained with knives for years, but more for fun than anything else. I would carry a gun if I felt the need or go hand to hand before I went for my knife. Even then i'd use it closed in my fist as a baton before I opened it.

>If I would get caught carying a knife by the police for a random search, would get a big ass fine and probably have to give a statement.
To me, that sucks, can you carry anything for defense? Tazer or pepper spray?

I live in a city but it's a pretty small city

I've got a cryo 2 black washed with a G10 scale. I'm using the brawler because I got it for a great price last year and I wanted to see how well it would hold up. It does just ok, I have to sharpen it more than i'd like to and the handle does get uncomfortable at times if I don't have gloves on. Starting Monday i'm carrying the cryo 2 since it's been a year since I started carrying the brawler, i'm looking forward to carrying a drop point blade again.

Not him. Crit def lab tech here. Can't speak on what his laws say but I will say that tazers and pepper spray, while they would be great alternatives if your govt doesn't trust you with weapons, aren't 100%. About 50% of the population doesn't respond to tazers and it's something like 33% that have no affect other than slight discomfort with OC spray. I've been sprayed. It sucks fat dicks and I'd carry it if I weren't allowed to carry a gun. But I wouldn't be comfortable risking my life on it

what's your take on good old martial arts?

They're great if you keep up your skills. But even that is not gonna be a 100% match for a sudden gun in your face or pointed at you out of arms reach. The risk factor is just too high once the attacker already has his out. I'd rather reach for my wallet like he wants me to do and come out shooting much more accurately than he is capable of. The point of all defense techniques is train train train. If you're confident in whatever you're using then you're usually gonna do better than a junkie on a trip. But don't be stupid and don't fight fair.

>Mind sharing a bit more?
Not at all.

>Like income level and local property prices?
It's pretty scary how different incomes are in my are. In about a 20mi radius you have people living almost completely off of the government, homeless, and working class in the same area can be anywhere from $20,000/yr to $1.2 - 2.2 million/year. Luckily most of the crime stays in the bad areas. I'm right in the middle of it all. I have about 9,000sqft of land my house sits on and so do my neighbors. Very quiet street, only incident since I lived here was an old lady up the street died of natural causes (she was in her 80s).
>couldn't agree more, provided you can afford to live as well as enjoy it. Also pls disregard the recent Brexit incident, it's not reflective of London

Lol yeah, my family from there have said similar things to me

>no pen or pencil
>a knife

2/10

23 Male USA

My EDC:

Keys, phone, wallet, lighter, smokes. Pretty basic standard issue human if you ask me.

Yes i'm aware that they aren't very good to rely on, but for some people, anything is better than nothing.