UK

>UK
why?

They use miles.

Because they use miles?

its why that low speed

to elaborate: for passenger cars the limit is 30mph in built-up areas (i.e. has street lighting), 60mph on main roads, and 70mph on dual carriageways and the motorway network. it gets a little complicated if you're towing a trailer - you knock 10mph off these, off the top of my head - but nobody bothers with that until you get pulled over because everyone is a retard behind the wheel anyway.

HGVs (>7.5t) are limited to 56mph by law, which matches the europe-wide 90kph speed limit. it's not expected that this will change post-brexit; nor will the requirements for tachograph usage, drivers' hours, or operator licencing as we had legislation in place prior to european law. then again, i'm not likely to have a career in two years' time. thanks, 52%.

t. international freight transport/cabotage clerk

They use miles to banter the french

>t. international freight transport/cabotage clerk

how do your coworkers feel about the channel tunnel? Any special measures taken to protect the drivers from wildlife?

what do the colors even represent

The colour of their highway signs

load security is a basic requirement of cross-border travel anyway, so the business with fining drivers and hauliers big £££ for finding stowaways is more or less 'look what we are doing' security theatre. the crooked ones are the ones who aren't searched in the first place, but that's what happens when border forces on both sides are cut back and outsourced.

other than that, the chunnel is a necessary freight artery. not much alternative other than sea (slooow) or air (expensive, weight/bulk-restricted).

Outdated, our maximum speed is now 130 on some roads.

Always freak my nut on any roads above 50. One mistake or even a muscle spasm and it's bye bye. Am I gay?

gay and unsafe, yes. if your knees knock and your teeth chatter because you're doing 45 on the motorway, you're more likely to cause an accident through obstructing the flow of traffic than if you were to go at the expected speed.

How the fuck are we more roadcucked than the majority of Europe
>maximum speed limit in most states is 110
>even in NT on our empty as fuck highway that stretches for thousands of kilometres the limit is 130
>all "drive to the conditions" signs were replaced by speed limits in the 2000s

>110
This is wrong, our highest is 120

libcuck goverment?

I don't go on the motorway, I was talking mainly about dual carriageways

Its converted to kilometres because we use miles

shit map
we're 140 too

Nah, just the result of a having an obsession with becoming a nanny state, both sides of politics does it. The best example of this is how our "right wing" party was the one that got rid of our guns

>drive to the conditions
because people are retards, taught to drive by retards, and everyone vastly over-estimates their driving skills. even if you were a savant behind the wheel, the idiot behind you is still looking at their phone and doing ten over the limit with no lights on in the rain, because accidents happen to other people.

Is it true you have to pay a tax to be able to drive in London?

>tfw 80 is mainstream

I thought slovakia has green highway signs??

if you're scared about going fast, don't go on roads where you're expected to go fast.

the daily 'congestion charge' applies to the very centre of London. there's also a 'low emission zone' charge in the greater London area, where the most polluting vehicles (think ancient smoke-belching trucks, not passenger cars) have to pay £200/day. which is sensible, because london's air quality is dreadful.

True but we never had "drive to the conditions" signs in heavily trafficked areas, afaik they were only on empty highways in the outback where there is very little chance of having someone else near you on the road

No idea m8, I just saw it on Wikipedia. It seems pretty outdated though based on what people are saying in this thread, or it could just have lots of stupid mistakes

>Slowed Kingdom

>Spen
>Speed Limits

kek

stop using miles

Most of ours is 110 though

the only time i was scared for my life in a car, was in a taxi in spain

Germany
No

SLOWAY

Be careful. The old days are gone

Literally who sticks to speed limits

It's outdated though.

shit map speed limit is 130km/h in highways

I don't

forgot about the pic

>urine
>130
Their roads look like they were freshly shelled lol.

atleast there arent traffic jams because the infrastructure is up to date, also its not like you're going to drive from perth to melbourne in most cases.