Why doesn't USA and Canada have friendlies in a sport theyre both decent at on both of their independence days...

Why doesn't USA and Canada have friendlies in a sport theyre both decent at on both of their independence days. Theyre so close together it could be a yearly event that's fun . Shitposting rights go to the country that wins and if the series splits 1-1 everyone still has a good time.

Homefield advantage on each ones independence days

One game of

NFL rule football
NBA rule basketball
Baseball
Hockey
Soccer

Team that gets to three first wins

Baseball and Hockey are the only major sports I can think of where we both have professional teams that are of similar quality

Americans don't care about international sports events, even if the countries are playing sports that are super popular in America.

>soccer
Yeah nah

Have to make it best of 5. Tennis instead?

Women's soccer, eventually. You guys are actually not bad.

I think they could get behind an international game on the 4th though between our frozen north.

Deal

Why doesn't USA just annex Canada?

Because it's not the 13th century

They tried and we burnt their whitehouse down

Men's singles
Women's singles
Men's doubles
Women's doubles
Mixed doubles

Winner of 3 wins the tennis round

Raonic v Isner
Serena v Bouchard
Bryan bros v Nestor/??
William sisters v ???
Serena and a Bryan v ---

We can add lax, curling and a demolition derby

Just stick with Raonic/Isner. That match will last as long as the rest of the events combined.

Basketball? I am always hearing how we have some high picks in the nba draft or is it just TSN shilling?

Hockey and Basketball would be a good double header. Thing is the NBA and NHL seasons end real close to Jily 4th. Lacrosse and Rugby are probably equally-matched events, but no one cares

delete

Which cities would host the Freedom Games?

I worked in Toronto for two years, wish I could get those years back.

I feel like it'd be swapped out every year, maybe on a rotating schedule.

but that is an auto win for you

The Canadian national team won't actually be any good for at least a couple of years. A lot of Canadians have been drafted the last few years and now Canada is second after the U.S. in number of players we have in the NBA. But most of the Canadian talent is still young, so it'll take awhile for them to develop. Even if they all reach their potential the U.S. would still slap them pretty hard. Best we can hope for is a silver medal at the Olympics.

>we

That was the British m8

our biggest international event is the olympics

US Sweeps in 3 if we're going straight down the list

Could see Canada winning in baseball if its a one game and not a series.