Let's discuss the

Shizophrenic master race class musicians

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Man_Fischer
youtube.com/watch?v=USe4ZI8rHsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WON'T YOU MISS ME

WOULDN'T YOU MISS ME AT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL

wouldn't it be nice if I weren't crazy

hey, want to take some acid man? This stuff is great.

>shizophrenic
>bipolar
>brain damaged
How unlucky can one man be?

So I guess that's it, huh? We got, what, four people and that's the entire thread.

We can keep going if you want

Alright, that fucking crazy cunt who stabbed his mother(?) Zappa signed him in the 60s. He likely had the ole schizophrenia.

yeah I do
what? who?

and that radiohead are shit, it's almost derogatory

are you in the right place hun

I think his name was Wild Man Fisher. His debut album is literally tmr but weirder and before tmr.

Jim Morrison? Maybe just bi-polar.

I think you might be confusing him with Jim Gordon who stabbed his mother and also had schizophrenia. He was a session drummer and also played in Derek and the Dominoes and Traffic. He was good as well.

Oh no, just looked it up a Fischer attacked his mother as well. I'd never heard that one.

No look up wild man Fischer.

No he is right. Wild Man Fischer
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Man_Fischer

Is there, like, a non-american equivalent of that guy (and TMR for that matter)? Either with or without the mental problems.

Elliott Smith? Maybe just bi-polar.

me 2bh

Bumppity

Not sure, he seems to be a one of type of guy

Doesn't need to be EXACTLY the same, otherwise it'd be a ripoff. I think comes close at his most chaotic moments

Just depression and addiction. Addiction more than anything else. Which most people think he always was one, but he didn't start doing drugs until the 2000's. All his early records were just writing about the heroin epidemic that was localized throughout the pacific northwest at that time. He wrote songs about what he saw.

Yeh but Syd seems so much more chill. Though I know that a schizophrenics often have ups and downs. It's really sad when a great artist falls under the grip of it, whether it's through being genetically predisposed or through triggering it with drugs. Either way it's a sad thing and I wouldn't wish it on even the worst artists. I do wish people would stop romanticizing it, too often do I hear people talk about how cool it was that syd took a bunch of acid and "went crazy"

Romanticising mental disorders (and often claiming to have one) will never not be en vogue. It's the last resort for someone who wants to feel special, and wanting to feel special gets you desperate pretty quick.

That said, I'm interested in musicians (artists in general, really) with mental disorders because their art is the product of a mind that simply doesn't (cannot) work in the same way the average mind, no matter how brilliant or versatile, can. That's just a level of creativity that no one can reach regardless of talent or skill. Not saying it's better or somehow more special, it's just different. That's what I'm interested in. Probably why I like outsider music and art brut so much.

This sums up my feelings

Also played on Pet Sounds and SMiLE

According to his sister, he didn't have any mental disorders.

Mike Love is crazy too. I know he's got a reputation of jelous asshole here but that's not his only side:
youtube.com/watch?v=USe4ZI8rHsI
The way he acted on the live shows is weird as fuck. Not to mention his eccentric outfit.

Yeah, she said he may have had aspergers but I think it's rather fair to say that schizophrenia is very likely