Soccer is the beautiful game, the complex technical game, the artistic masterpiece of a game

>soccer is the beautiful game, the complex technical game, the artistic masterpiece of a game

Why do euro fags do this? Full disclosure I love soccer, watched all the euros and Copa America, regularly go to MLS games and all that. The sport is fun to watch. But it literally is a bunch of guys kicking a ball into a net. I don't understand the dramatic hyperbole is all.

>American football is just a bunch of guys running to a box
>Basketball is just a bunch of guys throwing a ball into a hoop
>Baseball is just a bunch of guys hitting balls and running in circles
>Hockey is just a bunch of guys pushing a puck into a net

Bad post

>But it literally is a bunch of guys kicking a ball into a net.

You can trivialize any sport and make it sound simple based on its common actions. There's no content to debate here.

>It's a we are just going to dodge the question and flip an attack on the country of the person who asked a question episode

Please change the channel.

Baseball is just hitting a ball with a bat.
Hockey is just hitting a puck with a stick.
Football is just getting a ball to the other end although I think football might be the most tactical sport out there

>In b4 the assholes try to derail this topic about American sports even though I wasn't shitting on soccer in my op

>going to MLS games

JUST

My point is that you're making an obvious oversimplification of a sport with a lot of strategy and depth to the point where it's pointless to argue against it. Soccer is called the beautiful game because there's a lot of technical ability and skill involved and it tends to be a bit more flashy than other sports. Football and hockey are definitely ugly sports. Basketball is not very flashy but is probably second to soccer and baseball is pretty straightforward. There's just a lot of showmanship and drama that unfolds quite nicely on the soccer field

Funny you mention that. I've been reading in-depth tactical books and the amount of on-the-fly decision making is rather incredible. Understanding how players look to create passing angles, 2v1's, mismatches, setting up feints... when to clear, when to head, when to pass and overlap, when to play zone or man-to-man, understanding the importance of a good first touch.. etc. etc. Its gonna take me a while to process everything to the point where I'll be able to understand everything happening during a tv match.

Worse than that I'm a season ticket holder.

Double worse than that it's for NYCFC.

Fine I conceded strategy is needed. It isn't as simple as kick the ball to the other side. My point is the hyperbole on the other end gets way too dramatic making the game into something it is not.

>Basketball is not very flashy

What? The average NBA game definitely has more highlight reel moments than the average soccer game. You're talking like every team is 2002 Brazil, meanwhile in the NBA there's usually at least one highlight dunk/crossover/behind the back pass etc no matter what team is playing

Why? Is it the novelty of seeing Pirlo/Lamps/Villa? I'd imagine that would get old after awhile

Honestly? It's cheap as fuck. I have to tickets they are less than $600 a year in total for all games. The games are fun to watch on a Saturday or early Sunday live. If they get more expensive I'll dump them though.

Meh, for that cheap it's not that bad but there's no way I could subject myself to sit through a bunch of MLS games.

Because skill is all that matters. You don't need to be tall, or a fat strong fuck or even fast as long as you're good with the ball.

>go to mls games
>don't understand the passion

Well... There is your problem right there.

Only one real sport

As does any sport where the fans are super dedicated
I was a bit wrong to say it isn't flashy but the amount of stopping play really breaks up the action a lot. And as long as one team isn't parking the bus, there's a lot of constant action in soccer. I think overall the little things in soccer could be described as more "beautiful" than the little things in basketball. Also I would say that dunks and stuff are a bit less "beautiful" and more "that's pretty badass." But I definitely would say that basketball is second on the "beautiful game" list

Hockey is both beautiful and ugly at the same time

But that is false though. The best players in the world are manlets. The best defenders are tall.

Might as well say the NBA doesnt matter if you are tall or not, since Spud Webb, Nate Robinson and Mugsey Bogues had long careers. All that matters is that you make the shot.

Oh I'm not discrediting hockey at all because its fun as hell to watch but it's a pretty brutal sport overall. I get what you mean but it's definitely uglier than a lot of other sports at times. It's just because there's a lot more contact than most sports

Soccer may be beautiful, but if you want to see ugly, watch the British Open in a couple of weeks. Royal Troon is a beast and is bound to cause some of the greatest spaghetti dropping of the year.

Also UFC 200 is gonna be a brutal card. Everyone on the card is gonna fight like an animal. I can feel it.

why cant americant shut the fuck up
why do you need to bitch and whine
you are retarded, too stupid to understand that even an african cowherder can
why dont you just fuck off and watch your gay memesports only you play
just fuck off fucking spergs

Lahm was a GOAT defender and he was a manlet.

And the best players are not all manlets, Messi is. Ronaldo is tall. Ibrahimovic is very tall. Robben is tall, the list goes on.