Serbian Alphabet (Cyrillic or Latin)

Hey Serbian Bros.
I never understood a thing, in Serbia do you use the Cyrillic Alphabet, the Latin one or both?
During school for example they teach you both?
And which is the most used in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

rts.rs/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_Cyrillic_alphabet#Karad.C5.BEi.C4.87.27s_reform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both are taught and used. I think that the cyrillic alphabet is preferred for official documents. In any case, you'll encounter both alphabets in Serbia.

Both used and taught.
For example visit
rts.rs/
(national TV website) and you'll see a switch at the top right for "Lat".

What about in ancienne republique yougoslave de macedoine ?

we use both
>During school for example they teach you both?
in first grade of elementary you learn cyrillic
then, i think, in the second grade you learn latin
after that, for every written exam in serbian language class, one would be in cyrillic, one in latin, one in cyrillic and so on, in a sequence
i always hated latin ones because i have a hard time in latin curisve
in other subjects you write exams in whichever one you want, or, sometimes, if the teacher is some neat freak, in the script that the print on the exam paper is
also, if i were to read a book and if you were to later ask me if it was in cyrillic or latin, i thin i would not remember. you just switch from script to script without noticing. i think most people do this as well.
>And which is the most used in your country?
in commerce, restaurant signs, shop signs etc., the latin is used more often
on historical buildings, monument, traditional stuff etc. it's cyrillic
uni students use more cyrillic to write notes, i'd say, usually cyrillic cursive since it's fast as fuck
middle aged people use latin because they grew up in gommie times
the oldest people use cyrillic because before ww2 and in early yugo, in serbia the cyrillic was still prevalent

long story short, we use both without paying any attention to it

Interesting. Do you feel superior for using two different alphabets ?

How do you feel instead when everyone knows it's mother language and yours while often you know just English?

no but i think it's pretty nice and useful to some degree
it kinda helps with other eastern euro languages (~250 million speakers), but then again, if you were to be determined to learn a language that has cyrillic script, learning the alphabet would be just a couple days work, so kinda knowing the script in advance is not that big of an advantage
but yeah, it's allright

I speak lithuanian though

Yeah it's easy to learn but I still can't into cursive. I think Serbo-croatian looks better written in Latin t b h

Are you Lithuanian?
Always wanted to reach that place but didn't know what to expect

No, but I studied it there (together with a romanian btw). It's cool I guess, dont know anyone who went to Vilnius and said they didnt like it.

the thing with cyrillic is that its' cursive just flows, you put your hand on the paper and hardly ever lift it
serbian latin cursive is so shit, you have to lift your pen all the time to write down all the enclytic marks and shit, so it's very tedious

here, comparison of "I speak lithuanian" in latin and cyrillic, printed

Ja govorim litvanski

Ja гoвopим литвaнcки

cyrillic letters look wide and chubby. I don't know but to me they feel kinda comfy
but it's all the same desu

Ja govorim litavski*

:^)

cek kod nas je, od severa ka jugu:
>estonija
>letonija
>litvanija
kod vas je ono bese:
>estonija
>latvija
>litva
ako se ne varam
koja zajebancija
najlogicinje bi bilo estonija, latvija i litvanija dbi, to je najslicnije tome kako oni sebe zovu
nase letonija i vase litva je retardirano

>Ja
How come you don't use Я ? Or is this just being edgy ?

they are pronounced the same, but since it's actually two sounds (kinda like Y followed by an A), we have two letters in it
we do that because it makes sense and is halal

>How come you don't use Я ?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_Cyrillic_alphabet#Karad.C5.BEi.C4.87.27s_reform

I noticed that many Slavic countries with Latin script use "ja" for "Я"
Same thing for Finnish, where if there is a vowel after the "i" they use the "j" for example "Jää" which means "ice"

>Same thing for Finnish, where if there is a vowel after the "i" they use the "j" for example "Jää"
hwut, jää doesn't have I it has J. Also we have shit tons of words with a vowel after an I like "haltia"

ook hvala

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I started learning Finnish 2 years ago but I stopped for a while, it means that I still have to work, do you have any good reference or manual to help me?

Čak i Rusi kažu "litovski" jezik, mislim

Sorry but not really, I've never had to study my own language (well I have, but not the same way a foreigner would). The only thing I can tell you is that even if you can understand 100% of written Finnish, you might not understand much at all of spoken Finnish, since nobody in Finland speaks the "book language". Minä = mä, minun = mun, kahdeksan = kasi etc.

Thanks for the point \m/

Wrong map faggot

only cyrillic

latin is used informally only

>Albanian