What do you personally believe happens when you die?

What do you personally believe happens when you die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-QiDFnz51xs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

absolutely nothing

Nothing. Everyone experiences your death but you. You can keep your hat meme, I'll settle for knowing that deep down you know I'm right. Did you know the ancient Egyptian hell and the Hindi heaven are exactly the same? Both are complete nothingness and the only difference is how you feel about nothingness.

>you know I'm right

>citation needed

gif saved

Well, we have this argument 20 times a day. I think you know the burden of proof is on you. Sure, death is an "aether", but an aether is not an excuse to make wild guesses. When you just guess you end up doing things like spending billions of dollars on stupid shit like string theory and critical theory. Somehow an SJW ends up spending your grant money on a third nose ring and you're left thinking, why, why did I have to just sit around wildly postulating when there's real work to be done?

Remember before you born? Exactly.

Thank god some else thinks about that

You're so hard user.

But you're not deep.

I'm not claiming anything. You're the one claiming there's nothing. Do you even burden of proof?

you sound defeated

kek

You sound rustled.

You get a funeral
/thread

I'm decidedly unrustled atm
I'll let you know if there's any change in my rustle status, tho

Reincarnation in way.

When you die you energy/soul is recycled to be used by other life forms, but you do not retain your identity. Your concienness as you know it fades to oblivion. Unless you spirituality train to strengthen your soul to retain yourself after death and true reincarnate on your own.

This. But I hope I muster enough courage to join the military and die in glorious combat. Then, I will go to Valhalla.

wut

Apparently the meme has turned into somethinhg of slut shaming... apparently its even called "fedora shaming"

>makes claim
>doesn't provide any evidence to back up his claim
>resorts to ad hominems
>rants about unrelated shit

That made no sense what so ever.

On what are you basing this belief? What observations about the world you live in has led you to this conclusion?

Not him, but that's not even ad hominem.

holy shit it was serious

>implying fedora stereotypes aren't true

you lern what god smells like

Generally this topic's a giant wank. But the way you posed the question actually isn't obnoxious.

Nature takes its course and you stop existing on about any level. Conservation of matter n energy sure.

Mentally you're put into a loop of time/space being infinite where your expectations of an afterlife are realized for better and worse. Microsecond and all, but to you its an eternity.

At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

the fact that some atheists are embarrassing man-children doesn't really prove anything though
it doesn't prove that all atheists are like that and it certainly doesn't prove that they are wrong

In simple terms.

You can continue life after death if you achieve your own enlightenment much like Buddhism.

It all ends. You just don't exist any more. Pretty much like it was before your birth.

how was it ? i cant remember

I give no merit to mans rambling about what happens to them when they die and if there is a creator. I don't think I'm better than other people because of this, plenty of things I don't know or am probably wrong about. This one thing though, we do not know, we come up with stories and ways to cheat death, and none of us know. I give no credit to our ideas on death.

but WHY do you believe this

And that proves they are right, how? Atheists are just like Christians, they believe they have all the answers but they don't have any proof. They are equally as closeminded but take pleasure in thinking they are intellectually superior than others so they can feel like special snowflakes. The fact is that nobody knows.

Heh, I actually went for a cigarette. Um, well, my stance is that nothing happens. I don't really need proof for the simplest solution when there is no proof for any more complex solution. There's no evidence that anything happens at all, so why believe that anything does? Or even ask? It's not like religious people are happy when their family members die, they're upset like everyone else because deep down they know better.

you ARE an atheist, user

Because I believe and practice /x/ tier shit like astral projection and energy manipulation.

Right. It doesn't make sense. We're all biological beings. How is it we have no memory of past lives.

so you're just kinda generally dumb, then

2edgy5me

>look at this comic I found that defends my ignorance of the meaning of words

don't muddy the waters
you're probably one of those people who believe a MTF transvestite and a woman are the same thing

nothing

Nothing, absolutely. Just a black screen, no sound, feelings or your thoughts.

>such rustle

I don't know, but I have already paid for Winrar, just in case

Our souls were created by Aliens as an experiment. They placed the soul into a vessel and deposited it onto the planet. The vessel goes through a life cycle and then the leaves the body returns to the Aliens for "debriefing" before it is sent back.

I think our counsciousness is some form of energy that gets released back into the universe/Earth/elements as we die. It goes back from whence it came, to put its use to something else, like making a tree grow or maybe making wind.

It sure would be decent if our death resulted in something else than the void.

I get to spend the rest of eternity telling Christians "I told you so" as we float disembodied in a completely vacant afterlife.

Fuck off Crazy Cruise

>all white

but that could be describing almost any major religion and it would be accurate

False. Very few people your soul is reincarnated or "sent back," and only Scientologists and Mormons believe that God is from another planet.

>few people *believe your soul is reincarnated

OK yeah the "sent back" part is only a few of them like Hindus and Buddhists. But the Alien part fits for all of them. God doesn't have to be from some specific planet to be alien. He simply has to be "not from earth." God certainly isn't terrestrial.

That's not the primary definition of alien and you know it. Be technical if you want, the point is that Scientologists (and Mormons) are weird as fuck.

On a related note, who knew that Battlestar Galactica is actually loosely translated Mormon parables?

>That's not the primary definition of alien
it is though
look up all the definitions of alien you want and you wont find any that mention little green men or planets from other solar systems or anything like that
alien just means unfamiliar or not of this earth

tagged wrong post

>who knew that Battlestar Galactica is actually loosely translated Mormon parables
not I, but that is interesting kinda

It's a good point, though

You don't need proof of aliens to hold a belief on it, and neither Christians nor atheists require any sort of proof for their beliefs.

Agnostics really are just cowards who are trying to avoid causing any tension with religious people by swallowing their own beliefs.

i think that when you die
check out my mixtape
youtube.com/watch?v=-QiDFnz51xs

technically, the first and primary of definition of alien SPECIFICALLY refers to people from other countries only, not including any extraterrestrials/extradimensionals.

However, if you've ever actually interacted with live humans, you know that people don't usually use the word to mean that, they specifically mean creatures from other planets.

Why do Atheists get so butthurt at Agnostics? Are they just generally angsty at everyone?

We don't get butthurt at agnostics. The majority of us ARE agnostics. We get butthurt at people who don't understand that agnosticism is not mutually exclusive to theism and atheism.