What's your opinion on the most ambitious, successful, and visionary director of all time?

What's your opinion on the most ambitious, successful, and visionary director of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Giant-Party-Store-Disposable-Helium/dp/B00SV9LQLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*farts*

Broad appeal, high budget fantasy-dramas.

He seems to hit the nail on the head every time
T2, Avatar, Titanic all the highest grossing films of their time. He does what he does and he does it well.

I agree completely with what Jean-Luc said in this week’s Elle: it’s garbage. Cameron isn’t evil, he’s not an asshole like Spielberg. He wants to be the new De Mille. Unfortunately, he can’t direct his way out of a paper bag. On top of which the actress is awful, unwatchable, the most slovenly girl to appear on the screen in a long, long time. That’s why it’s been such a success with young girls, especially inhibited, slightly plump American girls who see the film over and over as if they were on a pilgrimage: they recognize themselves in her, and dream of falling into the arms of the gorgeous Leonardo.

>calling a director by his first name

you are so embarrassing

that being said, Cameron is a pretty big hack and Spielberg is really great

He's not even close to my favourite director, but he's very good at his craft and has yet to disappoint in creativity. Avatar was probably one of the best films from the past decade.

you've got it in opposite order, Spielberg is one of the largest hacks in the industry

Can't think of a single film of his I dislike.

>making movies that people like and that are fantastic makes one a hack

So when was the last time Godard was relevant again?

I kind of hate him for not making more movies

RIP

pleb detected

anyone who likes movies like Avatar, Titanic, and Aliens more than movies like A.I., The Color Purple, Schindler's List, etc is either a teenager or a giant pleb

Cameron makes shallow action movies and then embarrassingly schlocky romance trash like Titanic. His only good movie is True Lies and it's super dumb.

based jim thread?

That's plebbiest opinion I have read on this board in the last week.

"poos"

if you genuinely, unironically like Titanic, then something is seriously the matter with you

Thats not John Carpenter

is this way my friend

the fact that it is seen as a contrarian opinion to dislike the director of Titanic is a testament to just how awful this board really is

11 Oscars
$2 billions
88% on RT

amazon.com/Giant-Party-Store-Disposable-Helium/dp/B00SV9LQLY

check out /r/movies and stay there

>celebrity awards given to trash movies literally every single year
>money paid by people who like spectacles instead of movies (ie. Titanic)
>a shitty aggregator of plebs

so are Guardians of the Galaxy and Civil War also masterpieces if RT is such a good judge of quality?

please understand that the average person has shit taste in movies because the average person just wants to be entertained for a couple of hours and feel as though they've been on a rollercoaster. none of the things you listed are in any way an argument for a movie's merits.

Requesting based Jim kills Marvel and Disneyshit webms.

how many oscars did guardians of the galaxy or winter soldier win?

reddit please go

here is a list of recent Best Picture winners:

The Artist
Argo
The King's Speech
Birdman
Slumdog Millionaire
Crash
Chicago
Return of the King
American Beauty
Shakespeare in Love

jesus christ I am always stunned when I remember that any of these movies actually won a trophy given to the alleged best movie of the year

genuinely embarrassing

His films might not be "great", but they are iconic and unforgettable, not to mention trend-setting in both technology and marketing.

>Selective Memory

Bring back Sup Forums elitism!

da gawd

Cameron's only good movie was
Piranha 2

/thread

how is that selective? that's 11 winners in the past 17 years. I would have posted Birdman and Spotlight too but I knew you plebs would have taken offense at the former in particular, which is a gigantic piece of shit almost on a level with Crash.

the only good Best Picture winner this century so far is No Country For Old Men

CANT FLIM FLAM THE JIM CAM

Haters btfo, Marvel DCucks btfo, Jew Jew Starcucks btfo, you lose. Go home and get your shinebox!