Best horror movies from the last decade. Go

Best horror movies from the last decade. Go

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rnq5mudug4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What was his problem?

The conjuring was purrty good imo

I can't think of a single good horror movie from the last decade.

I only remember the vibrator scene

Just recently watched "Lake Mungo", it was alright

The babadook was not spooky to me. I did not like the babadook.

Lake Mungo is legit the only horror movie to make me shit my pants (to be fair, it was only one scene that managed it).

It was a cheap jump scare that didn't feel cheap, the build up to the moment and overall creepy nature of the scene was a legit 10/10 and the movie overall was pretty well acted.

Anybody have any recommendations that might scare/creep me out similar to it? I've watched all the standard trash and none of it creep/scare me out at all

THE ONLY WAY OUT IS DEATH
THE ONLY WAY OUT IS...
THE DEATH TUNNEL

You already know

Memed too hard and forgot to attach the picture.

Not really a horror movie.
Still a solid film. Glad I saw in in theaters even if my screening was empty as fuck.

Why isn't this film more popular? Seriously dat third act.

Rec

BLACK AND PHILLIP
BLACK AND PHILLIP
BLACK AND PHILLIP

It was a cheap jump scare that felt cheap and the film is massively overrated

Watch Fire in the Sky.

It's even better if you have a massive fear of aliens.

That scene literally made my blood run cold.

It Follows

It is not a good horror film in the same category as the rest, but I had a great time watching this.

so boring it was unreal

Why do people get so angry at horror films? Why are they so polarizing?

The minute you get one that gets praised with critics, like Babadook, It Follows or The Witch, people start breathing really hard and feel the need to remind everyone how this is the worst movie ever

What's Sup Forums opinion on this one?
Is it Kino?

I'm angry at horror films because the last good one I've seen was 28 days later.

it's like they're experimenting with shit and none of its sticking because they forgot the average horror movie goer doesn't think with their brain but their eyes so we end up in nonsense shclock and hlrhlrh

insidious
inside
hostel part 2
trick r treat
halloween ii
the collector
antichrist

also all the paranormal activity movies desu

Synecdoche, NY

Too bad the last act is completely goofy. It's way too much to be taken seriously.

its ok.
but very generic

Antichrist.

shit movie

It follows

What about it was bad and overrated?

>you can literally see it approaching for about half a minute

how is that cheap? just look away lmao

Pretty shitty tbhfam

I thought it was fine up until the ~twist~. It would have been more interesting to play it straight.

Babadook? Nah, that's Aku, man.

this, unfortunately i watched babadook after watching mungo and it made babadook seem campy and over the top. mungo worked because it relied on subtlety and corner-of-the-eye shit

mfw i noticed the neighbour hiding in the room the first time they showed that photo

good movie, but not a very good horror movie. would have been better if they'd just marketed it as a dark fairy tale

>would have been better if they'd just marketed it as a dark fairy tale

Almost like a... New England folk tale?

fair play. the trailer just made it look scarier than it was

Tucker and Dale vs Evil

I agree with you that there's a large group of people who automatically talk shit about any movie that becomes popular, and I loved It Follows, but Babadook was fucking shit only because IT WASN'T A GODDAMN HORROR MOVIE. All the supernatural shit was completely fake. If it had been real it would have been a great horror film, but no. It was just like The Village. Both would be such good horror films, but wait, no, all the horror shit is fake and the movie is actually just a drama. Surprise.

>Tucker and Dale vs Evil
>horror
Oh come on...

Get some taste lil embryo

Was that movie about the Paris catacombs good? It seemed potentially cool, very nice setting.

it wasnt as good as i expected but still worth watching. as above so below i think is what it was called

thank you

I thought that Sinister during its good parts was great stuff. Shame about the ending though.

wrong thread kiddo

no
watched wanting to see some Dante shit going down on those kids, ended being very disappointed
but it may worth a watch if you have nothing to do and for 2 good (and reeeeally short) scenes

They had a doozie of a day! There they were, just mindin' their own business, doin' some yard work on their property, when all of a sudden this kid just - just h-hucks himself right into the woodchipper! Head first, right into the woodchipper!!

They were scared shitless.

Kill List
The VVitch
The Borderlands

It's ok.

>open thread to say The Descent
>realize it's pretty old now so I check
>2005
God fucking damnit.

I actually rewatched this last night completely forgetting how depressing and scary it was

Cabin in the woods was a fun horror movie

Lamia > Black Phillip

The Ring

>TFW "urbex gets spooky" was done so poorly with this and Chernobyl Diaries
>There will never be any movie like STALKER (inb4stalker)

babadook suked absolute dik. Contained all the horror CliChes without the fear of any of them. I'd Call it the biggest horror disappointment of the last few years frankly

B A T H S H E B A

Also
>The Witch was great,
>Gabagool was decent suspense building but whenever they revealed the monster it was dumb.
>It Follows was stylized well but was pretty bland and got progressively worse.
>The Taking of Deborah Logan is pretty creepy
>Creep is very good, best found footage horror movie I have seen before maybe.
>Hush was pretty good
>Cabin in the Woods is great
>Both Dead Snow movies are great
>Evil Dead remake wasn't half bad
>You're Next is a fun slasher

All I can think of that was memorable off the top of my head.

Spanish horror is best. REC, Orphanage, Devil's Backbone, Mama, Eyes of Julia, Merry Little Christmas (short).

youtube.com/watch?v=Rnq5mudug4Q

the hole in the wall that they pass trought to get in the catacombes is a real entry to the illegal parts of the catacombes and you can also see a Pap tag on a wall before the tunnel but i think someone made it as a reference to the movie

it isn't from this decade

It's hard to compare some movies in this genre. I wanna say Cabin in the Woods completely blows the competition out of the water in terms of story, though. I think I can say that and be comfortable with it.

interesting plot but it isn't a horror movie