How did he go from three of the best rap albums of all time to this?

How did he go from three of the best rap albums of all time to this?

drugs

>mfw i realized the E is backwards

he sould rerelease Eminem show as R∃run

Eminem show is not among the best hip-hop albums and id argue sslp isnt either. Eminem show is where it all started going wrong. honestly I like relapse and infinite more than sslp and eminem show.

damn how could you not like that song where he dissed a puppet

this album really just makes u think his others are way better cause its probably the worst rap album ive heard.

It's upside down, you retard

its a 9 now

I thought TES was his best album, and I also really like SSLP. But I agree that Infinite and Relapse are both good.

I don't quite get how TES can be called his best with songs like white america, cleaning out my closet, say goodbye to hollywood, my dads gone crazy, hailies song. not a terrible album but in comparison with mmlp which has almost no bad songs it pales.

Honestly its as bad as people make it out
The first few tracks and the last few are actually really good. Its just the middle part that's cringeworthy

He was taking a lot of pills during the recording so that's probably the reason

Meant to say "its not as bad"

MMLP is his best album. Infinite is a pretty good nas clone.

8 Mile completely fucked him up. He was already on drugs before that but he started losing sleep while recording 8 Mile and started taking whatever you take to sleep and got addicted to it, along with some others. By the time Encore was being recorded he was completely out of his mind as you can quite obviously tell by his voice and flow.

Stan is the only song I still like by him

Not that guy, but I also like TES the most, because it's more relaxed and fun. MMLP is a bit too edgy for me to enjoy anymore, some lines honestly make me cringe.

literally the only good song on the album

I think TES tops mmlp overall imo. it gets really repetitive at the end, i can barely tell the difference between Criminal,Kill You and I'm Back

First three albums were pretty good but 'best rap albums of all time' seems like bait to try and get people all frenzied up, Encore is shit though.

Was proof's death part of it? When did he die.

Either way, the generally accepted reason for Eminem starting to suck is he got heavy into drugs and apparently doesn't even remember most of recording encore.

Relapse is shit too though, and Recovery is dull as fuck, MMLP2 felt like a bit of a return to form but the guys way passed his prime and instead of maturing into adulthood he just keeps trying to be all 'zany' and ends up looking like a doofus imo.

As someone who grew up on that SSLP MMLP shit, I'll always give stuff he releases a chance but it's hard to deny he hasn't released anything that good in like 15 years.

Hopefully 2017's "Success" will be good.

>Was proof's death part of it? When did he die.
Proof died in 06', bud.

But other than that, great points you're making.

I recently got out of Em, but I know plenty about him and you know your stuff well. Respect, dude.

>Hopefully 2017's "Success" will be good.
MMLP2 may have been a 'return to form' but it felt dated right at release. He should do what people like Jay Z and Kanye do, ride the coat-tails of some upcoming artist and jack their style to stay relevant.

Jay Z did this with Kanye, and Kanye did it with Cudi, and then Travis Scott, and then Chance.

This, they are so relevant because they us other artists and "sign" them same as Drake has done recently

I think eminem needs to rap like he did in No Love, just bars and what not

i ask myself the same thing...I enjoy encore but its such a weird and different album than like any of his other ones
Eminem did not shit on this album as much as he did on relapse which is weird

someone on mu posted a theory about how encore was supposed to be like a concept album, of how he did not want to make another album, and basically forced him to go all over the place in his rap styles in encore from serious/silly/all of his personas/"rippty rap stuff"/to club bangers he was trying to please everyone

where do you think the eminem is a GOAT meme came from? people dont call you that if you only have one great album

>mfw I unironically like Recovery

its not "one great album" its because he has like the most albums sold of any rapper ever or some shit

not a great .gif desu senpai

Relapse was not "shit" it all.

Horror movie in music/album form.

Encore is def some weird drugged out look into what happens when you become a pop star millionaire thing. weird vibes on that album lol.

Kanye also did this with Consequence, Big Sean and a couple others