It's growing on me

it's growing on me

mehhhhhh

I remember when this leaked most people liked it or at least thought it was decent. Now that it's officially out everyone is too cool to enjoy it. I still like this album.

I wish the cover was better

If the album was only 6 songs long, it'd be 8/10

> Hardwired
> Atlas Rise
> Moth Into Flame
> Now That We're Dead
> Halo On Fire
> Spit Out the Bone

I only heard it once but agreed this thing had no business being a double cd

Its like the Lucinda Williams of metal

AOTY for dad metal fans like myself

like cancer

yea, it's currently 2h37min including live songs

it's good 2bh

I dig it, Dystopia was better though

>Liking Metallica past 1986

>not killing your self

justice and garage days are perfectly fine

it's a really good album desu. on par or even better than the black album

>leaving out the best song on the album

I liked death magnetic but not the new one

I heard a lot of shit talking on here when the first single came out but nothing but good things since it released.

Still haven't listened, but I'm glad new Metallica buzz ended up with my local record store getting a copy of Master of Puppets, which I have listened to none stop. Already needs a wash, and for some reason skips if I have any anti-skate on, but whatever, sounds good loud.

You know what, I don't hate it. It kind of sounds like what should have come after Master of Puppets. It's a little corny lyrically in places but I like the way Hetfield's vocals sound, which I can't always say.

It's over, other bands are finished.

is this the logical conclusion to music

This image actually makes me really happy for them, even if Lars was a huge dick around 2000.

>Liking to Metallica past No Life Till Leather

>preferring metallica over leather charm

>preferring Leather Charm over Panic

wtf they were originally called panic? so was black flag

Pretty sure it was Mustaine's first band, before he met James and Lars.

If i'm remembering right half of them died in a car crash

>If i'm remembering right half of them died in a car crash
damn

Most songs on the album have no buisness being as long as they are. a lot of groovy riffs but the songs just lack much substance to me. They could have used more advice from a producer on the songs they just seem so untrimmed and drawn out. The mix is good the ideas are there somewhere but it just sounds like over 2 hours of vague non memorable metallica to me. Wish i loved it

I asked Dave about his first band Panic, and here is what he had to say:

>Panic was my first real band. Drummer: Mike Leftwych, Bass: Bob Evans, Guitar: Tom Queck, Singer: Pat Voeks and I Dave Mustaine was lead guitar. And although I had gotten together and played with various other friends and acquaintances, Panic would be my first band that I actually performed anything under. Songs like The Mechanix, Jump In The Fire, Childsaint, and several other riffs that made it into the Metallica or Megadeth fields.

>The band was a five piece and we hardly ever played or rehearsed toward the end. We just went to parties, set-up and shredded, and by the time people knew what hit them, we were already packing it back up or we had taken over the place. One of the low lights for Panic was the first show ended in tragedy with a car crash resulting in the deaths of both of my friends, sound man Joe (it has been so long I have forgotten his last name), and drummer Mike Leftwych.

>There were never any tapes made that I know of, certainly no demo tapes made up. But you never know, they could have had a bootlegger there from before. This was my first and only amateur band. My next two bands, Megadeth and Metallica, would sell almost 100,000,000 records worldwide.

>22
Checked

>Most songs on the album have no buisness being as long as they are
Metallica loves doing this. St. Anger's songsa had like full 2-3 minute intros.
It gets boring very quickly.

>Most songs on the album have no buisness being as long as they are.

While I felt this way for many of their albums post-Master of Puppets, I felt like on this album, they finally managed to make long songs that don't suffer too terribly from tedium.

I think splitting the album across two discs helps quite a bit.

Don't act like it's something you haven't heard before. At this point they're stealing from themselves. I'd say it's time for them to pack it up.

people are praising it because after 20 years they released an album that is actually listenable. there are a couple of good songs and some nice riffs here and there but nothing extraordinary. most of the time whatever is decent feels like a deja vu from past metallica albums, nothing new to be seen. lyrics are unbearably corny at times and a lot of the songs did not need to be that long. not bad but not great either, this is load/reload tier, which might be a good or a bad thing depending on who you are.

5.5/10

nah Spit Out The Bone is there

so is it just basically universally accepted that spit out the bone is best?

>on par or even better than the black album
Not that that's very hard to do because the black album is garbage

>not dream no more

>the black album is garbage

contrarian retard

>black album is garbage
Yeah man and master of puppets is the worst album, lulu is the best!