ITT: Albums that would be perfect if not for one song

>Miserable Lie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MBapowibBO8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do I even need to say it??

Yea, Starman is really awful

Spanish Air

You damn well know I meant It Ain't Easy.

Hang on to yourself imo

What is that picture trying to say?

You'll never know...

there are no bad songs on that album. it's perfect

>he cant into high pitch morri

sup pleb

Oh sorry you must have missed when I said "It Ain't Easy"

Because it's "It Ain't Easy".

Pretty much all of The Smiths albums

literally the best track

tru

>Jesus Christ Was An Only Child

Johnny Marr (solo) was going to play a free charity show at a 3000+ capacity venue in the US. A radio station was supposed to be sponsoring it. People who listen to current alternative music radio in the US flyover states, do not know the Smiths. Morrissey has trouble filling up a 1000 seat venue in this part of the country. The radio station played exactly zero of his new songs, and zero of his Smiths songs that he would normally play in his live set.

The DJ supposedly loves the Smiths, calls them one of their top 10 bands of all time. I text message them that they hadn't done anything to make anyone come out to see him, when they will often put a song in rotation for a band playing in a small bar whose show they are sponsoring. So the DJ says alright I'll play one of my favorite Smiths songs, she plays "Miserable Lie" I shit you not. Not only a bad song, but a song that doesn't really sound anything else like their other songs, and a song where Mozzer is way off key and doing that falsetto.

I gave up hope after that.

He played to a crowd of maybe 50 people. The local acts that played before him had twice to 3 times as much of an audience. Total shit show.

>Long Distance Drunk

>Across the Universe.

as annoying as that is I doubt he cared much, very down to earth guy.

Marr has a strange career. undoubted musical genius who composed every Smiths song himself and one of the greatest guitarists Britain has ever produced, yet has done nothing but session work and a very mediocre solo stuff since the late 80s. hugely wasted potential.

>im really really real

>hugely wasted potential.

not really. similar to jimmy page after led zeppelin.

>BOOBOO!

>Tonight

My view is he really wanted to get into electronic music because of the new Madchester scene, and Morrissey wasn't having it, that was the real reason they broke up. And then to punish all of his fans who loved his signature style, he purposely worked with The The (gritty), Electronic (dance), The Healers (bad version of Oasis-type Britpop), to throw off the bonds of the Smiths. He has been interviewed saying as much. He only went back to his "jangle style" because Modest Mouse needed him as that type of guitarist.

LOL the queen is dead would be better as a 7"

delet this

>Hamilton guy
kys fantanofag

album came out before hamilton you faggot

>liking an album fantano likes

green light to call someone a faggot on Sup Forums

I NEEEEED ADVIIIICE; NOBODY EVER LOOOOKS AT MEEE TWIIIIIIICE

why? Easily in the top three tracks

F U CK you

>In the top 3
>On an album with 5 Years, Starman, Ziggy Stardust, Suffaragette City, Rock N Roll Suicide, Moonage Daydream, etc.

Yeeeeeah I don't think it's anywhere near those.

As for why it's bad I just thought it was a poorly done cover with an annoying vocal melody.

This song legitimately triggers me.

That's one of the small handful of Smiths songs I like

suns coming up?

oh fuck you that's one of the best tracks on the album

> t h e i r d i a b e t i c b e l l i e s g l e a m i n g
f a t a n d r o u n d

I think and would disagree with you on that....

..Along with most Kendrick fans.
And the guy who posted it (me)

Feels like we are only going backwards
stupid shitty normie song that gives me ptsd flashbacks to currents

KYS best on album retard

get your shit together

shit taste

She just won't believe me

best on album???

Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat

He loves that style though, you can see the passion in his "tutorial" videos of how he iconically combines riffs and rhythm as a solo player. He's utterly obsessed with both guitars and melody. If anything I think that is what has held him back post-Smiths, Morrissey gave his music context like no other lyricist/singer could.

Jangly Johnny Marr was born to Jangle.

He only loves it now, because Eddie Vedder told him how much that stuff meant to him and how much it means to his fans. He started that style again because he lived in Portland with Modest Mouse and hung out with Eddie and friends. He decided that it was finally ok to go back.

This is what he was doing before he went back. Terrible sub-Stone Roses/Oasis garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=MBapowibBO8

I'd like to think it's pretty obvious

Damn that is pretty shit. Very reminiscent of the dreary rubbish Ian Brown pumped out during his solo career.

Speaking of which John Squire is another example of a god-tier musician releasing duds. Must be a Manchester thing.

which track?

BRUH THIS DESU

Goes without saying which one it is

I have no idea which one.

Haha
>Are you even trying?

end yourself

So Appaled I'm guessing.

Wild Billy's Circus Story

Fuck tonight could have been a legit 10/10

I LOVE that song.

No, Monster is a fucking shitty song

>a little change could go a long ways
Could never like this song because of how it feels like a discount version of Faith's In My Chest

Meh, it's a great song and got people hyped as fuck for the album, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

the national anthem

>Diamonds in the Mine
Not necessarily a bad song, just didn't really fit that well with the album

the national BAIT

It is: The whole fucking discography.

My Wife

Kite

kite has grown on me desu

now my least favourite track is them heavy people

>They're Red Hot.

If you mean On The Run, that's the best track

>Foi Na Cruz

Mr. Beat

TAKE ME WHEN YOU GOOOOoooo-O-O-OoooOOOh OOOOOoooooH
I NEED ADVICE! I NEED ADVICE!

Upon the sand, upon the bay...

That's the best and most patrician track though.

Nicki Minaj in monster is the best part of the whole album.

Why?

I A Magician