youtube.com/watch?v=GNS4CR7vP4c
youtu.be/88oy0AAwbbY
youtube.com/watch?v=7nEmxguBey8&t=982s
youtu.be/OQUAdwyzf_8
youtu.be/8jqG6CeoO_0
youtu.be/2MVhlbpnW-Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this bait?

didn't listen to California but it makes me sad in general. They should've stayed broken up after the self titled, not spoiled a good thing and gone down in history as a perfect pop punk band

BP and PW are my picks because i am predictable as all hell and i dont listen to music

il end

Green Day - Resolution Radeo

the astonishing but after that its a cluster fuck I doubt I'll resolve

This is a really great album.

I've made really good progress on my local list this year though

1. cross record - wabi sabi
2. street sects - end position
3. carrie rodriguez - lola
4. shearwater - jet plane and oxbow
5. randy rogers - neon
6. the sword - low country
7. taylor and the wild now - tides
youtube.com/watch?v=RBvLHdelTa4
8. widower - unholy oath/safehouse
youtube.com/watch?v=7b_G5d2qsZA
9. jad and david fair - shake cackle and squall

Neighborhoods and California were great though, and lest we forget that Cheshire Cat is not a good album.

Put your nostalgia aside.

It's a novelty, but it sure as hell isnt good.

Ranch and onwards they never made a bad album.

Dude Ranch is a masterwork.

Cheshire Cat is awesome! Carousel, M+M's, Cacophony, Does My Breath Smell, Fentoozler, Strings, Ben Wah Balls, are all awesome tracks I think it's a killer first album

Also Depends gave me so much joy as a kid

I just love how angry Mark sounds in almost all of his lines.

this is not from 2016

Tell me im wrong

Is it ever not swans?

you're wrong

your wrong

A really solid album, I'm glad they did this instead of hail to the king part 2.

No contest

KEK. Sum 41 still exists?

This band is the apex of pretentiousness. Not a bit enjoyable.

California is the only bad album they've ever made. Their s/t introduced me to post-punk and new wave and I don't see why it gets shit on here besides "WHERE ARRRR YEEEEW"

You're right

There's probably about 3 or 4 songs that needed to be cut from California.

It's not awful but it's not great. The Only Thing That Matters is the closest thing to classic Blink on the album.

>California is bad

topkek

It's a perfectly fine 7/10 pop-punk record. Travis brings some great drumming yet again and Mark is on point as usual. Even Skiba was pretty good, underused I'd say.

You need to remember they aren't trying to outdo Self-Titled and they all know very well that that was their creative peak.

They're just going back to the Take Off Your Pants and Jacket era and having fun with it.

Just let yourself go and have fun with it yourself. There's no need to be cynical.

youtu.be/tC97caHUgKk

nobody sane thinks s/t is bad.

holy christ this board is shit now.

Cynical is fantastic.

I'd like to hear another record without Feldman and hopefully with Skiba feeling more secure in the song writing process with them. Also, actual individual songs not just every song being dual vocals.

Sir, you are incorrect

feel free to leave anytime

haha, yeah!

California sounds forced and there's no contrast between Mark and Skiba. Plus, Mark was never the guy who wrote the more humorous songs; that was always Tom's job, so Mark's joke lyrics aren't as natural. I like Bored to Death well-enough, but the whole thing still sounds too much like +44.

I miss Jerry Finn :(

this was their first outing, so there's nowhere to go but up.

According to interviews with them there's a lot of chemistry when it comes to working in the studio with Skiba.

California was really a back-to-basics approach so if things work out the way they should, they'll get more and more ambitious and start to branch out.

I do agree they don't need Feldmann anymore.

If only fucking Jerry Finn was still alive and Tom wasn't insane.

dude for real its been sad to see tom's decline. he was my favorite and the funniest for a long time

I used to love Tom back in the day, but I can't stand post AvA Tom. Him getting back together with Blink seemed so forced and awkward. They are much better with Skiba

I'm excited at the prospect of actual full songs and song ideas by Skiba and an actual collaboration with Mark and Travis. It honestly seems like Feldman had more influence than Skiba.

Andy Shauf - The Party

dope af folk rock album. sounds better than some of the more hype indie stuff this year imo. i'm sure it has more appeal than it's playcount suggests. hope y'all like :)

full album: open.spotify.com/album/35FWLG8Ysjj1BF3sx4F6zM

fav track: youtube.com/watch?v=OK6AU5ipRZY

agreed, for the morale of Mark and Travis, Skiba has been doing wonders.

I just happy they all seem to be having fun now and sticking it to Tom at the same time.

Tom's Heart was indeed all gone. He just obsessed with trying to make AvA become the next U2 or Radiohead or whatever he wants.

I really hope for his sake that aliens exist.

youtu.be/dQCPC6BlOc0

I agree, but seems like a lot of the blink fans have taken kindly to Skiba so the future is bright for him.

I don't have any ill will towards Tom. He seems like he's just less content with having to dilute his vision with Mark's vision. I Don't mean that as a dig against Mark, more that Tom seems to want more creative freedom than Blink allows him to. I prefer his early Blink material to anything he's done solo but I can't fault the guy for following his heart.

I'm also very happy for Skiba, having been more of a Trio fan most of my life. Skiba's paid his dues. He deserves a fat paycheck. But, like I said before I hope the next album is more of a collab. There's plenty of Trio songs I could imagine would just as easily have been Blink songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=GNS4CR7vP4c

which Alkaline Trio album should a newcomer start with?

I liked Skiba's work on California.

>7/10
>Wooo's all over the fucking album

It's a 4/10 to me

If you're a Blink fan start with Goddamnit, for sure.

After that if you're looking for more scrappy sounding pop punk go for the self titled compilation of stuff released before and after Goddamnit. If you're looking for sleeker production and tighter arrangements go for From Here To Infirmary.

Afterwards, report back to this thread for further instructions.

So you haven't heard Take Off Your Pants and Jacket?

youtu.be/88oy0AAwbbY

thanks lad

I'm relistening to Goddamnit right now. I want live reactions to songs in this thread, boy.

If you're not begging to fellate me by the end of track 4 it might not be for you.

so is there any differences of consequence between the reissue and the original?

Listening now.
It's fucking amazing.

Reissue is also remixed. I'm not sure if I like the remix.

I was just listening to this youtube upload

youtube.com/watch?v=7nEmxguBey8&t=982s

Jesus christ you two are stupid as shit. Thats startling

not as stupid as you though.

Angels & Airwaves > Blink 182

youtu.be/OQUAdwyzf_8

youtu.be/8jqG6CeoO_0

youtu.be/2MVhlbpnW-Y

California is fucking over produced garbage, you might as well listen to All time low you fucking inbred child.

First real answer

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GOT YOURSELF CAUGHT

not kiddin this thing is solid as fuck

but not without its weaknesses

maybe if it maintained this level for longer but 45 minutes doesnt exactly scream aoty

>Everyone fighting over second place

>Neighbourhoods
>good
>California
>good

>Cheshire Cat
>bad

objectively wrong on all fronts my man

Has anyone here watched The Pursuit of Tone about Tom? Seeing that, I realised that Tom was the more talented member of the group.

get
the
fuck
out

You could have noticed that if you'd bothered to listen to blink 182

California was bad.
Dude Ranch will forever be the best Blink182 album

It's probably the one I've listened to the most.
And now the you mentioned it
You're absolutely right.

This in my top 3 for hiphop along with Still Brazy

>Sup Forums unironically likes pop-punk now

too many fucking kids on this board

Attempting to get this topic back on track

imo this was so boring

this and wildflower

yep
lol no: it's decent at best.
too gimmicky
wildflower? embarrassing ripoff of their own 1st album..
you're wrong bb
fuck off NME shill
it's better to ignore the rest

I hate Panic but for some reason I fucking loved this album

honestly same