This may seem like bait, but honestly, I am sincerely asking who is better than this guy as a manager?

This may seem like bait, but honestly, I am sincerely asking who is better than this guy as a manager?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoSiBq2Q0MU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anyone that is not retired

Bump. I genuinely want to know, lads.

epl babby that bullied the refs and media

2 CLs in 20 years is not good enough

Mourinho easily.

Hitzfeld.

he had more resources then anyone else on top of match fixing and what not. Pep and jose are better managers and simeone is a better tactician as well.

He knew what was coming and quickly abandoned ship in 2013 before he could be outed as the fraud that he is.

No one.

he is for now, until Pep wins 3,4 Preamier Leagues and 2-3 CLs with CIty.

How is he when compared to, >poop, Ancelotti, >mouyes, Simeone, Heynckes, Klopp, >pardiola, and even Poch?

Heynckes

Paisley
3>2

Ernst Happel and Marcello Lippi

>2 cls in decades with the most powerful and refballled englel team
he's a fraud

Paisley, Mourinho, Guardiola

But isn't >poop only effective in Barca? I know it's unfair to judge him over UCL wins, but with a Bayern team that was THAT stacked, shouldn't he win at least one with them?

Jorge Jesus

Hey, what the fuck?
United and that damned flag?

Shankly

Who won more CLs in that time? No one. He competed for the CL when it was won by more than just the same three teams every year.

He also won the Cup Winners' Cup when he first turned up at United against Barca.

And of course at Aberdeen (!), between toppling the dominant Old Firm to win 3 league titles, he also won the Cup Winners' Cup beating Bayern in the semis and Real Madrid in the final. Then they flew back to Scotland a couple days later to beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup final.

doesnt coach anymore

>i cant name 4 ppl from the barca/real bench coz im a peenoy futbol fan go azkals xD

i thought kelvin crucified him

>Who won more CLs in that time?
mourinho, poop and del bosque won the same amount of cl while he was manager, and they didn't need almost 30 years

His cl record is abysmal

Ancelotti as well, plus he won a third the year after Ferguson retired

Guy Roux

Motherfucker, I am a kano, as are you by your idioms.
Get out of my threads. There can only be ONE Sup Forums 'flip' football poster, and it ain't you.

You can have /cric/ or /bet/ or something.

>same three teams every year

He retired before Bayern, Barca, and Halal tho. Who were those three teams? Milan, and...?

You're arguing that his record is abysmal by offering up 3 managers with the same record?

1) Pep's CL is irrelevant because he had Messi. Any average manager can walk into that Barca team and win the CL. See Enrique
2) Though the standard of Premier League can certainly be questioned, it's demand can't. It is a physically draining league with a constanty high injury rate and no mid-season break. Fergie is the only manager in the PL era that has been able to compete on both the domestic and European front. The CL has been won 4 times by English teams in the PL era. Liverpool finished 5th in the league when they won it in 2005 and Chelsea finished 6th in 2012. Fergie's United was the only team to win the PL and CL in the same season. And he did it twice. And one of those was part of an unprecedented treble - the first of the CL era in ANY country.

wouldnt really call it abysmal since the most any manager has is 3. and thats like 2 people in the history of the competition.

plus, for almost half of fergies united career united were either
>unable to qualify for europe either to do shitness unrelated to ferguson or because liverpool fans keked some pastardos at Heysel
or
>unable to qualify because they needed to win the league to get in, unlike in the world where Poop and Mou were "born" into. Poop would not have even qualified for his record breaking 08-09 season since they finished 3rd and Real won the league in 08.

i would say that the manner in which he won them(one lucky comeback and a john terry slip) is more relevant of an argument.

Beckenbauer.

My sides

Even AJAfags don't rate him this high

>win the league with some absolute dogtier shit team
>also win the SPL with Aberdeen
goat

No, you're a Kano. You already denied your Flipness by claiming you're part Burger. Use a proxy, I am the true football Flip. Tang ina mo.

Lel. But, desu, it's nice to see someone else not obsessed with apehoop with that flag.

>its the czech republic autist.

Fuck every single czech person ever.

>Pep's CL is irrelevant because he had Messi
Fergie had Ronaldo

He gave 40 years of his life for this club and won the title
Plus he stole hundreds of cones on the freeway for training, that's dedication
You won't see Poop or José do that

Cech>Meme Howard errytime.

>comparing Ronaldo to Messi

>40 years
You're forgetting he played for the club before managing it, it's more like 50 years total

No one. A man like Fergie will never come again, as United fades into irrelevance people will truly understand there has never been any true pedigree at United... it was all Fergie.

It's more on Messi had Iniesta and Xavi, desu. I mean look at him with the Argies.

But muh Busby.

he was player-manager when he arrived in the 1960s and he left the club for good in 2005

Fergie ranting after WINNING the Scottish Cup final with Aberdeen against Rangers:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoSiBq2Q0MU at 2:20

I think there are 3 of us. An English Hammer fan, 2 Kano United fans. The fun part is watching Hammer try to convince people he is really English.

Brian Clough

This. Plus he qualified for 3 finals in a row and faced arguably one of the best Barcelona teams of all time in 2 of them. Plus that Paul Scholes 'Offside' goal against Porto.

B-b-but I'm a Bayern bandwagoner. I just got triggered by someone posting on Facebook (yes, mock me as a pleb normie, sure) that he was the best manager of all time.

I bet that Hammer's gonna say that he's in Angeles banging some chicks who don't even understand half the things he says.

People keep going on about his Man Utd career, but look what he did with Aberdeen and even St. Mirren! He was the best in the world!

>Pep's CL is irrelevant
funny because he completely raped fergie in both cl finals. And funnier you don't even mention del bosque or mourinho

Also, reminder that he had ronaldo for his second cl, otherwise he would have only won it once in 30 years lel

Winning 2 cl in 30 years with the biggest and richest club in the world is absolutely nothing but an embarrassment

>Any average manager can walk into that Barca team and win the CL
of course, unlike united who are this small and poor amateur club playing with part time dentists

>Fergie's United was the only team to win the PL and CL in the same season
big deal, every time barcelona has won the cl they also won the liga. Plenty of other clubs have done it too, like bayern, porto, milan

Face it, ferguson was refballed beyond belief in the eplel so his domestic record is practically meaningless, and during 30 years every time he competed in europe, where neither him nor united have influence, he was slapped around except for 2 times
>2 out of 30 with the richest and biggest club in the world
top keks his record is shit and the football his team played was shit too. The end

Ancelotti and Mourinho

Say like for example, Tuchel, had the same resources that he had with Dortmund, would he have done better than Fergie?

You realise United were refballed out of at least 4 champions league trophies you idiot? Those are facts

>most any manager has is 3
in how many years? because it took ferguson almost 30 and ronaldo to win it more than once. That's how ''''''''''''good'''''''''' as a manager he was

>Poop would not have even qualified for his record breaking 08-09 season since they finished 3rd and Real won the league in 08
so poop's sextuple shouldn't be counted because liga has 3 cl spots? lel

poop was born into a barcelona that hadn't won shit in two seasons (with messi, iniesta, xavi, etc) and had finished 15 points from #1 and only 3 points from #4 and #5. If anything this makes his achievements more impressive

But Ancelotti does shit with leagues, doesn't he? Or is this just an overhyped meme?

Fergie made United the richest team in the world so money's not an argument. He earned the money they spent

Pep is not even in the discussion. The fact he failed to even make a champions league final with the best team in the world removes him from the discussion

>that hadn't won shit in two seasons
Two whole seasons, wow!

Ferguson is the biggest manager in history, he made United into a force.

John wooden

>hadn't won in two years
Haha fucking hell. What a big achievement.

I would have won everything he did and more. He's a fraud

They had prime Ronaldinho in those two years, so others could argue that managers before Poop were, kinda, a shit.

>Or is this just an overhyped meme?
How new are you?

Fpbp

hello

07-08 new, desu. Genuine questions here, lad.
kek

Only Ancelotti has won more champions leagues.

The European Cup doesn't count. No one cared about it - it was worth less than the league cup

Only manager to achieve the treble in possibly the most difficult football league.

Fuck. It was this bad? He even lost to fucking Montpellier.

>The fact he failed to even make a champions league final with the best team in the world removes him from the discussion
he didn't fail, he made the finals twice with the best team in the world and both times humiliated ferguson and his shit-on-a-stick ''''''football''''' lel

I guess you missed the 'any manager would win everything with messi' my comment was aimed at. Turns out it's false if messi (and iniesta, xavi, puyol, etc) had been there without winning shit for two years

I was talking about Bayern Munich. You know the team that won the treble and dominated Europe?

And Pep failed with them completely

How much would Heyncke's Bayern BTFO Poop's latest Bayern, mr. Coming Home?

bullshit
European cups meant something at the time because there were only the champions in C1
there were plenty of good teams which played C2 and C3

Objectively the greatest manager to ever grace English football.

Of all time generally though, is subjective because there's a few contenders. Still, he's up there, and anyone who denies this with "muh refball!" is a bitter crybaby ABU faggot. 20 times you fucking losers.

>Winning 2 cl in 30 years with the biggest and richest club in the world is absolutely nothing but an embarrassment

But you're judging United's wins by their standards today. The modern Manchester United are nothing like the United of the early 90s. Fergie turned the club into the global institution it is today. They were second bottom of the league before Ferguson turned up. And had a European ban thanks to Liverpool.

The guy evolved and found ways to consistently get the better of his rivals throughout the 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s. He is the unquestionable GOAT.

They were fucking European Champions 2 years before he turned up.

Not even Liverpool's greatest manager.

By buying the league

*with their own money

BUILD THE WALL

>Who won more CLs in that time?

Ancelotti won 3. Mourinho and Guardiola won 2 each in a shorter timeframe than Ferguson won his 2 (03-11 vs 99-08).

Brian Clough
Otto Rehhagel
Sven Goran Erikson
Ottmar Hitzfeld

The Premier League wasn't the most difficult league in 1999.

who cares....

how do you prepare adobado ?

>found ways

Having the most expensive team was the usual way.

When Ancelotti won his third, Fergie had already retired.

No one won more CLs in Fergie's era than Fergie. It's also worth noting that Fergie didn't hop around Europe's elite clubs spending a fortune on a team that only has to last him 3 years. It's much easier to win titles when you have no responsibility to the future of the club you're at. None of Ancelotti, Mou or Guardiola have built and rebuilt a side. It's why, despite winning 3 league titles there, no one really considers Guardiola's time at Bayern to be a overwhelming success.

He continued to beat Chelsea and Man City when they spent far more money than him.

With Aberdeen he was dwarfed by the financial powers of the Old Firm but still toppled them, winning 3 league titles, Scottish Cups and the CWC.

>because it took ferguson almost 30 and ronaldo to win it more than once
kek the united team that competed in the cl in the last years of fergusons tenure was abysmal even the team he won it with

wew

It's been done like three times since already. Samuel Eto'o won it back to back as a player with two different teams.

The only reason it's the only treble that's hyped is muh English media muh jingoism

His job at Aberdeen was impressive, but he was never really dwarfed financially in the Premier League except at the very beginning (late 80s) and the immediate post-Abramovich years (when Chelsea won back-to-back titles)

He's good at consistency over a long period of time but his teams never really hit the heights the other big clubs in Europe did

So he won 7 PL titles in seasons where he spent less than his competitors.

Looks impressive to me.

>30 years only 2 cl
>b-but the team was shit in his last season
lel what about the other 20+ seasons? And if that team was shit it was only his fault. He was supposedly the best manager in the world in the biggest and richest club in the world yet he can't build up a proper squad to compete in europe? A FRAUD IS WHAT HE IS

Everybody shits on ancelotti for only winning a couple leagues in decades, then the same applies to this old fart that can't do shit in europe while managing the biggest club in the world

yes

Yes, but the gap was relatively small. It's more like Barca beating Real Madrid than Dortmund beating Bayern.

Those 2007, 2008 gaps aren't marginal.

The point of this conversation chain anyway was that Fergie "bought the league" and that's how he achieved so much. That data shows that most of the time he was spending less than his competitors but beating them most of the time anyway.

He was also challenging on the European front whilst winning PL titles - something no other manager or club has been able to do in the PL period.

>something no other manager or club has been able to do in the PL period.

chelsea did