Dark Side of Hollywood

>Drake Sather wrote Zoolander with his friend Ben Stiller
>Drake originally wrote the part of Derek Zoolander for himself
>studio wanted Ben Stiller to play Derek but still allowed Drake to audition for the part. He was rejected and wasn't chosen for any other roles
>Drake was paid 500k for the script. Ben was paid 2.5 million and was subsequently paid 10 million in 2004 for Meet The Fockers
>Drake Sather killed himself in 2004

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/redhourben/status/693904857741312000
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/1361849701368.jpg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Derek Zoolander came from a SNL sketch in the mid 90's were Ben played a retarded model

I don't know were you're getting this shit from

which Drake Sather wrote you dummy

Ben Stiller steals a lot of his material. But Zoolander is a great film.

twitter.com/redhourben/status/693904857741312000

Drake Sather was a staff writer on SNL.

>At the age of 23, Jordan Reid had spent a year developing and co-starring in one of the most storied television pilots in recent history. The original It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia episode was shot guerrilla style in her apartment for an estimated $85 and picked up by FX. Reid starred as the first Sweet Dee, next to her boyfriend and Sunny creator Rob McElhenney, and friends Glenn Howerton and Charlie Day. A rare Hollywood success story -- until Reid broke up with McElhenney and she was promptly forced out of the series altogether.

>As she tells the story, after FX agreed to shoot "a real pilot for the show," the four main actors called an impromptu meeting in a production trailer to ensure that everyone was on the same page when it came to the possibility of the network wanting to replace any of the original actors: "Together, we four agreed that they took all of us...or none of us. We were in this thing together -- had been for over a year now -- and we simply wouldn't allow them to split us up."

>Around that same, Reid's relationship with Rob began to fall apart and the three guys (Rob, Glenn and Charlie) were made executive producers. Assuming that it was because "FX felt like a cigar-smoking, whiskey-drinking old boys' club," Reid decided not to say anything because she was young and intimidated by the network. As her relationship continued to crumble, she was told by Rob, "in no uncertain terms that if I did not stay in the relationship, I would be off the show." Choosing to chalk the statement up to hurt feelings, Reid believed that she could not possibly be fired since she spent a year working on the show and had "been so instrumental in its success."

>A few months later, she was told by her agent and manager that the network decided to drop her for being "too pretty." Reid received "a small payout," and Kaitlin Olson was recast as Sweet Dee who went on to marry McElhenney last year.

nah

Where does the fact that Zoolander is a complete ripoff of Bret Easton Ellis' Glamorama to the extent that they had to pay him millions in an out of court settlement factor into this?

She was an actress who contributed virtually nothing to the direction and writing of the show. She could be replaced with no damage whatsoever to the show's quality, and that's exactly what happened

If she was an actual creator or even an original writer for the show I might feel bad, but this isn't sad or unjust in any particular way

It sounds like she contributed just as much as the other three. Where are you getting your info?

bump for more

She contributed an apartment!

Oh wow amazing, what a thespian

Doesn't matter how integral to the shit she was, the fact that she contributed anything and was there at the beginning means she's entitled to equal status.

Fucking sexist shitlords, if she were a guy you'd be up in arms.

>Drake Sather
Drake Sather (May 24, 1959 – March 3, 2004) was an American stand-up comedian and Emmy nominated television writer. His credits include Zoolander, Saturday Night Live, Dennis Miller Show, Ed and NewsRadio.

Sather was born in Seattle, Washington. He was nominated for an Emmy Award for his work on The Larry Sanders Show. Sather wrote for Saturday Night Live during the 1994-1995 season. His last credit was an unsold pilot of a television remake of Mr. Ed for which he was also an executive producer.

Sather died of a gunshot wound to the head on March 3, 2004. His death was ruled a suicide.[1] He had four children with his second wife.

While it's easy to blame this on Stiller, look at this guy. He wrote for Newsradio, which went downhill whenoneofthe head starts was killed in a murder suicide jumpstarted by another (dave can't go to canada, because he owes so much money in child support from it). He wrote for Ed, also cancelled, some of the worst years of SNL, had four children and two wives
he wasnominated for an awward he never won

She has no writing credits on her IMDb page and as far as I can see was just a face who it was convenient to film for the time being. McElhenney and Howerton wrote the original short film, not her, McElhenney, Howerton, and Day shot it, not her, and McElhenney, Howerton, and Day were responsible for every laugh that show gave me, not her.

She's owed virtually nothing. Simply being there while the show was created doesn't entitle her to success

I just google image searched drake sather, is this was the Blue Steel was really suppose to be like?

>"too pretty."

Sounds like Hollywood slang for being ugly as sin.

>giving an absolute shit about mediocre shows like "it's always sunny"

pls pleb

The original girl who was cast as Danearys wouldn't do nudity and was dropped for Emilia Clarke who did do nudity. Now Emilia won't do nudity lmao

>She's owed virtually nothing. Simply being there while the show was created doesn't entitle her to success

Source?

Emilia knew she could show some skin, be kept as Danearys once everyone liked her then say "nope no more tits"

Good for her desu

I wouldn't really want to see it desu senpai. Her acting makes her so unappealing.

He only got $500,000??? My god what a fucking travesty!!!

Considering how much money the movie brought in it kind of is.

>>studio wanted Ben Stiller to play Derek but still allowed Drake to audition for the part. He was rejected and wasn't chosen for any other roles
Source?

>on January 12, 2014 actor Jonah Hill was preparing for a role based on Marlon Brando's time on the set of Apocalypse Now

>He ordered two footlong sandwiches from a Subway in Los Angeles to begin bulking when his agent informed him in a voicemail the part had gone to James Corden

>Although the call came in time for him to give the other footlong to his girlfriend, a papparazi's photograph of him leaving with the sandwiches causes a viral sensation that negatively chastised his body image until this very day...

It sounds like she was there because she's the gf, then when she broke up with Rob, they realized she didn't actually contribute.

TFW Jordan Reid will never gratefully hug you against her chest.

came to post this

AM I FITTING IN YET?

I thought she was naked in the first episode. i guess that was a double.

user reading comprehension

Oh wow, a woman did absolutely nothing and then wanted to take credit because the creator stopped fucking her

Not really. $500,000 is more in one payment than we'll get in our entire lives. If you kill yourself because "I didn't get tens of millions of dollars :(", you're entitled bourgeois trash.

oh.

I forget his name but the guy that the character George Costanza was written for didn't want to be on the show because he didn't think it would be a success. he talks about it on Marc Maron's podcast. he sounds really sad about it lol

>Considering how much money the movie brought in
It wasn't really a spectacular success, unsurprising because it was a comedy released two weeks after 9/11
It's only become a cult film over the years

How do you bulk up on Subway? A bread sandwich with extra mayo?

It's not about entitlement.

The movie made at least $30 mil in profit. Where do you think that money should go? Do you think it makes more sense to give it to the writer or to a bunch of studio execs who creatively played literally no role in creating the movie outside of signing a bunch of papers?

>Do you think it makes more sense to give it to the writer or to a bunch of studio execs who creatively played literally no role in creating the movie outside of signing a bunch of papers?
Are you by any chance part of a secret Hollywood communist ring?

It absolutely is entitlement to think life isn't worth living because you only got $500,000.

Into the coffer of the production studio/distributor so they can continue to expand and produce more films.

It got a sequel almost 15 years later. I feel unless the dude specified in his suicide letter that Zoolander was the cause, we can assume he was just another depressed comedian.

Link?

Drake was way better looking than Ben. fucking Jerry Stiller pulling the strings

It's not entitlement to be paid money that was gained through your work. The proportion of profits that you deserve doesn't change just because more money is being brought in.

It's possible. Ben didn't get a successful vehicle until Fockers or Something About Mary. Whichever came first.

half a mill is not going to get you skinny super model chicks, long term anyway

Jake Johansen

>Born in 1959 in the Seattle suburbs, Sather moved to Los Angeles in the 1980s and, known for his wickedly subversive sense of humor, quickly rose in the stand-up scene. He was tall, handsome, and Stiller says "the coolest of the group" of comedians that also included Judd Apatow and Andy Dick.

Wow he must have been a real cool guy

Was Sather Jewish?

>waaah they got millions and i only got HALF a million
>woe is meeeeee its not faaaaair I sold my script for such a shit deal and got screwed waaaaaaah

Glad he's dead if that's the reason. What a whiny faggot.

Everyone is Jewish

is Hollywood Babylon worth watching?

Ty user, much appreciated

I'm not.

Nice try, Chaim.

I'm sure if it would have been a guy under the fuck oath they all took
>Together, we four agreed that they took all of us...or none of us. We were in this thing together
you would have been on the guys side, but since its a chick, you go into misogynist mode like all the other mid-20s virgins on Sup Forums and say she shouldn't get shit.

If it were a guy, I'd have believed that there was an oath.
But it's a woman's word we have to believe in.

There is an urban legend that David Letterman, Jay Leno, and some other dude got drunk in a parking lot and agreed that whoever made it big would help out the other 2. Letterman and Leno made it and the other guy is bitter about it. Ari Shaffir talks about it

If you think this is true you don't know jack shit about Letterman and Leno's relationship

cuck

really faggot and you do this was in the 60s when they were both nobodys . before any of the other shit happened

>His last credit was an unsold pilot of a television remake of Mr. Ed

lol

>He had 4 kids

lol

nice shot dragon boi

Everyone *funny is Jewish

Stop using words you don't know the meaning of.

made you look again, cuck

If I got paid 500k for anything I'd appreciate my golden ticket, invest, and live comfortably for the rest of my life.

Not even the same poster. I can just spot underages based on the use of buzzwords that hold no meaning.

boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/1361849701368.jpg/
Why do you still play video games if you claim to be over 18?

>As her relationship continued to crumble, she was told by Rob, "in no uncertain terms that if I did not stay in the relationship, I would be off the show."

Translation: in a moment of anger her actually creative boyfriend called out the elephant in the room and told her directly that she wasn't valuable or really part of the original creative team. She had only got as far as she had because she was his girlfriend and no one wanted to create a wedge in the group by attacking and excluding his, Rob's, girl, but when they break up no one will need to do that anymore and her gravy train will be gone - so she should try to put a little more effort into the relationship if for no one else's sake but her own.

It's on par for what writers usually make for scripts.

Now this is legitimate autism on multiple levels.

>video game cuck ashamed of himself
Every time

Hahaha holy shit kill yourself.

cuck

would you rather never make it or almost make it

You've been getting BTFO this whole thread by multiple people. It's time to save face and stop responding, chap.

Define almost

le epin anonmouse hackir

>using archives to follow user's posting history

Don't listen to you're in too deep, just keep going. I believe in you, user.

ITT: cucks

RIP in peace, Bob

Same person desu

>boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/1361849701368.jpg/
Real talk this is pretty funny. Now I'm just searching for filenames of my own reaction images and seeing ancient posts of mine. Fun times.

Is Sup Forums always this cancerous and underage?

There is a movie called the Night Shift you may want to watch. It doesn't allude to a third guy, but it does show the seedy shit that went down during the late night wars. Letterman vs. Leno not Leno vs. O'brien.

Jack?

>Judith Eva Barsi made her entrance into this world on June 6, 1978.A star was born.This talented little girl began her television career early at the age of 5 when she was discovered at a skating rink.

>Judith’s career continued forward even after her death.She starred doing voiceovers for The Land Before Time as Ducky and All Dogs Go To Heaven as Anne-Marie, both movies were released after her murder.Don Bluth has said that he was intending to use her in his future films, but sadly he never got that chance. Despite only a handful of movie appearances, Judith left her mark.Any child who grew up watching The Land Before Time can hear “Yep! Yep! Yep!”.

>Judith began to put on weight and her behaviour became very disturbing.Judith began plucking out all of her eyelashes and even pulled out all of her cat’s whiskers.After Judith broke down in front of her agent during a singing audition for All Dogs Go To Heaven, Maria brought her to a child psychologist.The psychologist quickly identified severe physical and emotional abuse as well as stating that Judith was very verbal about the ongoing abuse, and reported her findings to CPS.

>On July 25, 1988, his father Jozsef walked into Judith’s room and shot her in the head as she slept. He then shot his wife Maria as she stood in the hallway.

>Jozsef spent the next couple of days wandering around the house with his wife and daughter’s bodies left where he had killed them.He spoke with Judith’s agent during this time and stated that he intended to move out for good, and he just wanted time “to say goodbye to my little girl”.He also told the agent that a car had taken his wife and daughter away.After the conversation, Jozsef doused Judith and Maria’s bodies with gasoline and attempted to set them on fire.He then went into the garage and shot himself in the head with the same.32 caliber pistol he used to murder his daughter and wife.

>this is humanity on jewish values

mad as fuck. did your mother never love you?

Well maybe he should have demanded more initially, or set a clause to gain a percentage of the profits.

The execs are paid as much as they are because it's their money they are risking. It's their money that was used to create the movie in the first place.

The writer gets paid regardless of whether the movie flops or hits a home run. If the movie flops, it's the execs who loose money.

You're an idiot who doesn't understand the basics of how a movie is made.

Samefagging won't keep you away from video games for long, you need a concentrated effort to grow up mentally.

If she was that important to the shows creation, they wouldn't have ditched her when a rift was caused between her and the other guys breakup. It's that simple.
>an oath
What are you, 12?