Hey, fellow Americans. I want to watch and learn about baseball. Can you give some tips for a guy who doesn't know shit...

Hey, fellow Americans. I want to watch and learn about baseball. Can you give some tips for a guy who doesn't know shit? Can you list some YT videos, books, documentaries, movies, articles, anything interesting about the world of American baseball? Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0vBpcSEdcRc
youtube.com/channel/UCOcXvc6JUOzn5HEfJ0DBeqg/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fellow Americans
But you're Brazilian

youtube.com/watch?v=0vBpcSEdcRc

Nobody gave a shit.

>documentaries
Baseball (by Ken Burns)

Sup Forums can be a sad place, but the muricans were probably asleep/working/jerking to some weeb shit

You shouls try again

>Brazil is not in America
Burger education strikes again

>baseball
Don't waste your time lad

Shit "sport" desu

Watch Major League 1 and 2 then become a glorious Indians fan

this 2bh
There is literally no point learning about ersatz cricket.

I don't know, man. Seems a very "scientific" game, and the "attire" is awesome (my favorite in all sports).

Try reading some baseball novels so you can be entertained and learn about the game as well. The Brothers K is a good place to start.

The Simpsons 3x17 - "Homer at the Bat"

The Great American Novel by Philip Roth.

play mlb the show

just watch the sport. You should be a Mets fan, they're the good guy team.

What differentiates baseball from other sports is the large quantity and high quality of the statistics. There are books on it and shit but you need to actually watch it first

ken burns baseball

This is the definitive answer.

Also watch the all star game coming up

Ken Burns baseball is some retarded ass shit. Don't watch Ken Burns anything unless you're learning to be stupid.

You should watch all the baseball kino, A League of their own, field of dreams, sandlot, bad news beara, angels in the outfield, moneyball, for love of the game.

Also check out fangraphs.com, moneyball book, bill james, and "the book," to learn more about sabermetrics which is now dominant in front offices.

Come watch tigers games with us and we can help learn by answering questions. We also post memes

If you like being a nerd and creaming about muh sabrmetrics, then baseball is your game

Most games last like 4 hours. It gets pretty boring in the long run because every team plays 3-5 times per week and most times consecutively against the same team

The worst out of of all the burger's sports
It's only played here by schoolgirls who were too scared / lazy to play real sports during PE, except they call it Rounders instead

That's a good thing though. Basically any day you can watch. If you don't want to, then you don't have to

If you're worried about length of game brazilbro, NEVER be a Yankees or Red Sox fan. Those teams always take forever to play.

most games last about 3 hours

and they play 6-7 times per week

Can you guys for just one thread keep this low quality shitposting to a minimum? Dude wants to learn about a sport. Go circlejerk to your USA vs the world sports threads somewhere else.

No he doesn't, he wants to learn about Baseball

Yeah, he wants to learn about a sport he doesn't know much about. Your post adds nothing of quality to the thread. Go circlejerk in /trans/ or something

>scared

I don't know what the fuck rounders is, but baseball is easily the scariest sport to play. 95 mph balls fucking hurt

That's a beautiful of baseball. Have a fastballer throw a pitch inside to brush the player off the plate and have him pooping his pants a bit.

Had the ball ever hit the eye of a professional batter?

ken burns baseball in one sitting

You should considering Baseball came from Rounders, both invented by us but 200 years apart

Go back to >>/asp/
take your shit tier cricket for even bigger faggots with you

Yeah I think Vogelsong of the SF Giant did and I remember one of my tigers got hit in the orbital on a ground ball in spring training. I think Cabrera maybe

@69276285
What do you mean "back"? MLB makes more money than your league btw

Thanks for your wonderful input Nigel but we can take it from here, go back to crying about losing at a sport you invented and surprisingly care about to a fucking dentist and his Viking squad.

>he's never watched cricket
aiming at people is a thing that's allowed and done regularly
and the ball is harder

Where in my post did I ever trash on cricket? This thread is about a Brazilian inquiring about baseball. What is with people always being so defensive about their sports? Go make a cricket thread if you must discuss about it.

Finally I found a sorta structured teaching series on YT. The channel is called "Sport for Dummies" (also, I got "Baseball for Dummies" PDF).

youtube.com/channel/UCOcXvc6JUOzn5HEfJ0DBeqg/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

just saying that cricket is scarier

What's the most exciting teams right now?

That's how you're comparing this? God you're a faggot, one league =/= a whole sport, football makes more money than baseball if that's the logic we're going by

It doesn't matter to me because I've grown up accepting the NT will flop, but it's still important enough to you that you can remember results from games while I, and everyone else outside of America, couldn't give two flying fucks about any games in this deadbeat sport

If it wasn't for me shitposting this thread would be plummeting to page 10, stay irrelevant and thanks for the (You)'s, goodnight you fat fucks

None

Cleveland is pretty exciting and I would say the Cubs are a good watch

texas rangers are the plucky underdogs that every one secretly roots for

That British post above me just feels like an underaged child screaming for attention. Not even going to give him the (you)

can i have it instead

Friendly reminder that baseball is nerfed cricket dumbed down for the American consumer.

have one on the house

nigga there is no way you can argue cricket is more tactical. I've watched it quite a bit because its the ultimate comfy sport but its literally just bouncing a ball and hitting. Only tactics = where to put fielders. Baseball has the fielding aspect and more

tnx

you should probably root for the royals since they just won the world series and have a brazilian guy on their team

@69276786
And this isn't a thread about cricket so way to show your insecurity.

>2016
>liking baseball

Baseball will die 10 years after in most of world.
Only old people like this shit

Baseball has the deepest lore of any major north American sport. It will take a long time to garner the knowledge to speak anything but superficially about the game. You need to read about it and play the game to really be on the inside. Watching games will only take you so far.

This.

Baseball is boring as fuck.

Don't you guys get new material? You've been saying this for years.