Ok I know this is a sports forum, but if I posted this shit on Sup Forums...

Ok I know this is a sports forum, but if I posted this shit on Sup Forums, id get shit from a bunch of spergs who get triggered from sports games. So Sup Forums, what was your most memorable sports videogame growing up? For me its gotta be NFL 95 on my genesis. Playing that shit with my dad was cash.

NHL Hitz 2002 or NBA 2k3

FIFA 2002 and NBA 2k10

NHL94

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball

NBA Jam all day every day. My earliest memories are double dribble and Montana football. Pat Summerall? Play by play stuck in my head.

Fifa 09, loved the game and my favourite soundtrack from all the fifas.

played a lot of rodger clemens mvp baseball. the pitching/hitting was such a great mind game with my brother.

if you want the best sports game period it's mario strikers on gamecube. i think of it as ice hockey 2005 it's so fun to play 1v1. only other game close is mario tennis on 64. not as crazy but very straightforward and simple.

This.

Most of the teenagers on this shithole board never played it, but it's easily the GOAT sports game

Qb club 98 on the 64 and the ncaa football games on the Gamecube

>doing the Pontiac college classics
>Do the Cal/Stanford game, 'the Play'
>they miss the field goal
>take a knee

Also, the Colorado-Michigan one was GOAT

Bushido Blade

What?

Mutant League Football

NBA Jam, Fifa 98 and International Football 99.
Also FIFA 13 cause MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI

Actua Soccer 3 was my 1st game.

PES5 and 6 were the peak of football games.

> Finally England.

PES 3 too

There is no other answer. It's the GOAT

Kick Off on the NES, fun as fuck
Fifa 98 WC demo, played it a fuckton
PES 3-4-5, played a fuckton. When I got PES 5 in the mail I played the master league for 3 days and 2 nights straight without sleeping

94 was probably the best one on Sega. I was an edgy kid and got upset they removed the pools of blood from injuries.

This, Wayne Gretzky 3D hockey, NBA jam, and NFL blitz

Terrible game.

Madden 2004
NHL 97 on N64
Wayne Gretzky's 3d hockey
NBA Live 2004 (before it got shit)
Hardball baseball on PC

Plenty more good ones too

I started playing videogames pretty late, so mine would be Madden 07. I Fucking love that game, even to this day.

It was ISS then i think.

>no gamepad
I have a feeling it's going to be a lot less fun than I remember it

Trust me it will be.

I emulated PES 6 and even with a controller i have lost my touch and it seems to be dodgy at best, too used to next gen now plus it requires editing a little bit.

Yeah even with custom controls I'd need 8 fingers on my left hand to do what I want. Also I think I preferred PES 5 but can't really remember. I never played any of the new gen games so that much is ok. What controller do you use on the PC?

I had this exact game for my game gear growing up. I used to be able to score over 100 points a game in it, the score board couldn't do 3 digit numbers though so it would flip over (i.e. 102 would show up as 02).

PES 6 was at best just a general upgrade from 5.

I have a PS2 USB connector so i can use an old PS2 controller.

Neat, I think I'll get the same. Keyboard is barely playable, some of the inputs just don't register at random moments.

That squad tho.

I find alot of teams back in the day were very good.

Milan, Juve, Inter, Arsenal, Barca etc

Even mid table clubs were good.

And it's really nice to have all these GOAT players at their prime. PES 1 had lots of classics, too bad the gameplay was so clunky even back then. But 4-5-6 hold up pretty well.

the jacob paterson cheat code was GOAT

Who do play?

Yup.

With all the next gen games they took out classic teams and now only have europe and world teams instead.

Even unlockable master league players are gone and that was some of the fun really for me since i play ML alot since with PES online is shite generally.

With PES 17 looking promising with a revamped ML i hope that with various OF i can make and add in some classic players if needed.

Mlb nes 88, didn't have names but had actual player numbers and corresponding stats, would get out my baseball cards and play that fucker all day, Kirby Puckett was awesome, and the obligatory Tecmo bowl

NCAA 06

My first sports game was NFL 2K. I have fond memories of playing Raiders vs. 49ers with my dad as a little kid.

Most memorable ones though were Madden 2006-11. Those were the games that really got me into football and like a grade-A sucker, I bought every single one (almost all on different platforms even). I'll always remember the first time I raged in an online game.

>playing 10 online
>about 14 at the time
>still breddy bad at video games
>opponent was godly as fuck
>userpicks and near instantaneous TD drives everywhere
>I'm mad, but holding in somehow
>near halftime
>down 35-0
>have finally managed to put together a decent drive
>I can still salvage this by not getting shut out
>seconds left
>go for the field goal
>he fucking blocks it

I threw my controller against the wall. Fucked up the triggers and broke it trying to fix it.

Goat game

Nhl hitz 02 nba live 06 madden 05

Bumping for sports vidya

I liked NFL quarterback club 98
and nfl blitz; that game was fun

love this game =(

super high impact is fun too; all of the midway arcade sports games are

NBA 2K1 on the DC
NHL 96 on the MD
CM 97/98 on the PC
Virtua Tennis 2 on the DC
Sensible World of Soccer on the PC
PES 4 on the PS2

>playing video games on a doctor of medicine

This is the right answer

Madden 98 or 99, whichever had Eddie George on the cover.

My nigga

I played the shit out of Live '98 I think it was, Antoine Walker was on the cover. That was the only sports game I think I owned until NBA 2k2? Idk what year but A.I. was on the cover and I remember being blown away at how much better it was than live.

Also hot shots golf >>>> any tiger woods game

punch out nigga

also ice hockey, NBA Jam, NHL '95, and NFL Hitz

Posting best non-simulator game