So, how effective is slitting one's wrists, really...

So, how effective is slitting one's wrists, really? I've read it's very rarely successful and is just a cry for attention. Any experience?

Other urls found in this thread:

teenhelp.com/physical-health/cutting-statistics-and-self-injury-treatment/)
lostallhope.com/suicide-statistics/us-methods-suicide)
afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics)
biosbcc.net/doohan/sample/htm/COandMAPhtm.htm)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should try tumblr, they'd probably tell you if they're not busy whoring out for attention :^)

Don't know why you're asking Sup Forums of all places, it's nothing but the underage kids who still think Sup Forums is "legion"

its for pussies... you can amputate your hand and not die so its stupid as shit...

there are a few still around... just gotta know what to look for... i'm just bored as shit

been here circa 2006, was 13 at the time. you'd see this shit back then too, fucking newfag

yeah, I used to cut. I tried to do it in places that weren't visible. wasn't really a cry for help, I just liked the rush and was a pretty depressed kid. now my arm looks like I've got tiger stripes. not worth.

if you do it in places that are visible, it's more than likely you're an attention whore

cutting it horizontal, across the wrist is a call for attention, but cutting away from the the wrist, vertically, can kill, albeit painfully

yes, but what if you are specifically intending to kill yourself? there are other methods (shotgun, CO, train) which are probably ten times more effective but way more difficult than buying a ten pack of razor blades

if you get medical attention, you can survive plenty of shit, like getting stabbed in the heart. your point means nothing

If you go down the road as pictured, perfectly along the vein, the BP will drop so much it won't be able to circulate so you'll bleed out quite well.

If you're serious just hang yourself.

>you'd see this shit back then too, fucking newfag
Do you even reading comprehension user? I said that Sup Forums is nothing BUT underage kids now, I wasn't questioning the thread itself.

oh yeah, my bad

if you try to commit suicide by only cutting you're fucking retarded. i just did it for a release

you've gotta do a three pronged approach. slit wrists, drink a bunch of alcohol, eat some sleeping pills, fall asleep in a full bathtub

bathtub prevents your blood from clotting, alcohol and sleeping pills are self explanatory, and if you don't die from bleeding out you'll likely slip into the tub and drown

Can we get some cutting pics pls? Shit gets my dick hard.

oh

no, i'm inebriated and stupid. my bad

if I was planning to do it, I think I'd eat a few oxy before doing it. that might help with staying straight on the line of the veins and arteries

No it's for attention pussy

Woah careful on that edge man.

Though if you're serious just search up guro faggot.

no i mean without medical attention... the infection will kill you... it'll clot

Okay okay. Don't do this! THIS CRATES MUSTERD GAS

Retard there is no infection you think the viruses and bacteriuses just jump in there? rofl what a dumbass

If you did nice clean lines that went through the veins on both sides, got into a bathtub with your wrists in the water, and went to sleep, you'd probably die.

... you know nothing of medical knowledge... you'd survive having an arm or wrist amputated since it'll clot up. There are no major arteries or vessels in it and to die from it you'll either have to keep breaking it open or get an infection. Look at that guy who cut off his own are under that rock.

If you cut along your arm/wrist (not across) and deep enough, yea, you can die from blood loss. You'd have to be pretty metal to do that, though, because it hurts like a motherfucker.

If you're tough enough to kill yourself that way, you're tough enough to fix your life.

yeah if you did this maybe... the water would really do a lot to keep it flowing... still iffy though. I say just stop being a puss and pull a Nero

Haha fuck off dumb ape chicken eater 1337. You wanna fight me irl?

Nah, you'd need to use a tourniquet and wrap it up in bandages. The human body is great, but it isn't that great.

White body isnt great lol. Blvck masterrace!!

>implying your body would clot up a missing limb

One issue with statistics is some teens are doing it just for the attention, so it might be under-represented as far as how many people are actually using slit-wrist-bathtub as a method of an hero.

some say a half of a percent regularly cut. (source: teenhelp.com/physical-health/cutting-statistics-and-self-injury-treatment/)

in the US, only about 2% of successful suicide attempts are from cutting, compared to 50% by firearms (source: lostallhope.com/suicide-statistics/us-methods-suicide)

Something i did learn when reading about a Nine Inch Nails album name ("Hesitation Marks"), is that often a cutter will test the sharpness of a knife, and then inadvertently suffer fatal blood loss as a result.

So, who knows. That's the thing. (afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics)

slit your wrists deep while submerged in warm water, it helps blood flow and slows clotting.

but yeah if you just slit your wrists and then hang out you'll probably be fine, if not a little fucked from blood loss, but not dead necessarily

and if you get found you're fine regardless because it's easy to reverse
that's what gives the impression of the attention seeking, because it's fairly nonlethal, takes a long time, so increaes the chances of being found and saved.

source: experience

If you make an x across your forearm from wrist to elbow and do it deep enough, you'll get the vein and the artery and bleed out in about a minute.

holy shit i wish i'd thought of that
if i would have survuved i would ave much cooler scars

OP, cut your carotid artery. It's a bit tricky but is a quicker cut and less pain. It's also a complete guarantee that you are going to die extremely quickly.

this info is at least 20 years old probs, but when i was doing my First Aid merit badge in boy scouts, we went to the Red Cross for a training.

One of the pressure points to help reduce loss of blood for severe cuts is in the thigh. it's the Femoral Artery.

Suppose a person has a Cardiac Output of about 5,000 mL / minute (source: biosbcc.net/doohan/sample/htm/COandMAPhtm.htm)

If a severed femoral artery is the path of least resistance, then an awful lot of blood will head that direction to escape. Let's be conservative though and say 1/4th of the cardiac output runs out that artery (4 limbs, ...).

That gives you about 4 minutes to pump the entirety of your body's blood out a sliced artery.

A lot of assumptions there, i know. But we're not talking hours. And we're certainly not talking a rate that would even allow platelets to effectively do their job.

Yeah I'll fight you... I actually like to fight

For most things yes, but there isnt anything vital there. I'm sure a couple people have died but not many. It's not like there is an arm version of the femoral or anything.

The radial artery is a major artery. That's what you're supposed to cut, not the veins. Arterial spray doesn't fucking clot, either. Losing a limb will kill you if you don't treat it.