Why does this film triggers Sup Forums so much? Or is it just americans?

Why does this film triggers Sup Forums so much? Or is it just americans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY
grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/its_its.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=GJZRVG40Wwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because there's nothing wrong with mcdolans

idiot...fat stupid idiot...

It was just Americans at one point, but more and more it seems like their cancerous fast food culture is infesting the rest of the world.

>eat a lot of food without exercise
>get fat
>blames McDonalds

Because no one actually fucking eats at mcdonald every day three times.
Like the place is shit but that's not a good way to show it

you can lose weight by eating mcdonalds its been proven already

>I'm going to see what happens when I eat nothing but McDonalds.
30 days later
>I got fat.
Hard hitting journalism.

Of course you can, but your body ends up destroyed in the process.
You can lose weight eating chocolate only too.
Calories in, calories out.

because he won't release his meal plan so the entire film is useless.

Eat 3k calories of chicken and brocolli for 30 days
Eat 3k calories of only mcdonalds for 30 days

than do the tests that he does and compare. he didn't do this and so he is lying to the public. it is literally a scare piece.

I ate McDonald's today with yer mum

>each a shitton of junkfood errday and don't exercise
>wow I got fat
>mcdonalds is bad for you guise

It's not like he actually examines the nutritional value of mcdonalds vs a balanced diet. Plus he's kinda just stating the obvious that fast food is bad for you.

Because it doesn't actually tell you anything about McDonald's as a restaurant. If they went in and did an investigative undercover trade secret-violating documentary about how they source their ingredients and what preservatives they use and all that shit it would be cool. But all this tells us is that if you eat thousands of calories over your basal metabolic rate without exercising you'll gain weight. Which would hold true whether one were eating home cooked organic food or state fair fried oreo food.

Supersize meals is nothing compared to some of the shit you can get today in other restaurants

>says "McDonnels is bad 4 u"
>thinks he's an intellectual and that he's uncovering some secret conspiracy
Everyone knows fast food is unhealthy

the premise is stupid. if you eat in a fine italian restaurant everyday 3 times a day you'll get fat too.

i don't think anyone is triggered by the movie, just annoyed that europeans see this and then assume that americans consider mcdonalds to be nutritious or healthy. i live in california so luckily i get god tier in-n-out, but a few times a month i'll annihilate a burger and fries then go back to my salads, chicken, fish, rice, beans, acai bowls, fruit, broccoli and carrots, etc.

That would be you

>i live in california

and that's when I stopped reading and disregarded everything you previously said

agreed

but there are people out there who think its okay to eat mcdonalds super size meals for every meal

they are usually obese african americans

>god tier in and out
>Californians unironically believe their own meme
sad 2bh
Don't forget to order it animal style :^)

>getting triggered by a state

lol

>no one actually fucking eats at mcdonald every day three times.

Oh, you would be surprised

I literally eat mcdonalds like 6 times a week and I'm a twig.

Deal with it fattie. You're fat not because of mcdonalds, but because of everything else.

>Tfw you met Morgan Spurlock last year and will be featured on a new episode of Inside Man in 2016.

Because it's BS
Loads of people, including doctors, have done this and not got fat

The stupid cunt did 0 exercise and supersized everything

How about if you take it more as comedy, not a documentary?

ROCK AND ROLL MCDONALDS

It's not even funny
It's Zeitgeist "un-documnetary" tier

I thought having Big Mac Every Day guy in the movie sorta lessened the overall impact of the message behind it since that dude ate there every single day and he was skinny as hell

but people always hate mainstream documentaries like this cuz they usually chop up interviews or footage to give whatever message they want.

Uh no, "getting fat" was all he expected to happen. The doctors also said the effects on his health would be negligible (in comparison to how bad he got in so short a time)

it served its purpose anyways, which was getting super size taken off the menu (i think they made it an "ask only" item like secret menu or whatever)

Let's see.

>eat nothing but McD's every day, three meals a day
>get fat

>supersize often
>get fat

>stop exercising
>get fat

>eat vegan to appease your girlfriend, immediately switch to loads of processed McD's meat
>get fat

>get fat
>get sick and depressed

It said nothing that everyone didn't already know. It's never been a secret that too much fast food isn't a good thing, even in the 50s it was advertised as a once in a while treat, not a diet staple. He just tried to say HOW bad it was, but the fact that he had to lie or at least be extremely guarded about how he got his results shows that it doesn't all add up. He wouldn't even show his food log, probably because either the math didn't add up or he didn't have one.

I was once taken on a tour of McDonalds behind the counter and frankly everything I saw disgusted me.

>freezer is just mountains of frozen patties with papers between them, no packaging or covering
>mcflurries are made from bags of chilled white slime

the amount i ate there diminished significantly after that trip

>Because no one actually fucking eats at mcdonald every day three times.
they do, and prior to this film mcdonalds pretty much endorsed doing so, because nobody had seriously called them out on it like SSM did.

It clearly had an impact, since they made a focused effort after this film to make their nutritional info more accessible and removed the Super Size option.

So, society-wise, Super Size Me had a real and positive effect in the world? That's remarkable.
And I guess that explains many of the edgelords that get rabid at it.

McDonalds claimed officially the movie had nothing to do with their sudden interest in nutritional transparency or their decision to remove the super size, but i mean, just acknowledging made the butthurt obvious.

and this thread is retarded anyway since mcdonalds has been declining in popularity ever since that movie came out.

Because it's shit

>The stupid cunt did 0 exercise and supersized everything
pretty sure he was in peak physical condition prior to the experiment, also he stated one of his rules was to upsize if they asked him to, as well as trying everything on the menu once.

>lying about your portion sizes to make McDonalds look worse

Kind of unecessary.

>if you eat in a fine italian restaurant everyday 3 times a day you'll get fat too.
uh yeah but it's not going to additionally destroy organs or cause liver failure which it almost did to him. the message was not "eating mcdonalds will make you fat durr" it was "eating this food will give you serious fucking health problems"

Daily reminder that there have been multiple attempts to recreate the results of his experiment and none have been successful
Daily reminder that he's refused to release the complete schedule and list of what he ate and when

Seeing as it was an infotainment documentary and not a research study, it's burden of proof and data aren't really THAT important.

As long as he made an effort to convert from a healthy lifestyle to the very effectively advertised McDonald's lifestyle and showed dramatic effect, he got his point across.

It's an indictment of the marriage of shitty quality, cheap food and the manipulative efficacy of expertly executed advertising.

Yes, people really are this easily influenced. Yes, this food is mildly addictive and inexpensive. Yes, these are real problems.

The good thing about this genre is that it's illustrative without the process of illustration neesing to be a strictly controlled study. All of that information exists already and can be delivered while you get a sick kick out of watching this guy anuse himself.

The other side of that method is that it works on the same principles as the advertising they're exposing. His later works are much less impactful and similar productions, like Moore's films, can be downright diahonest and discredit quality discussion of good points.

I watched this way back in middle school but didn't really care. No one eats McDonalds 365 days in a year and most people get some kind of exercise even if it's walking

Besides fast food tastes great, I fucking love a cheeseburger with fries
For the record I'm a scrawny Asian who won't get fat no matter how much or what he eats

>Daily reminders
>You don't post it daily

Very good post

>i interpret memes literally because i'm a huge faggot

You have to go back.

Proof? I'm actually asking. I'd like to know if there is a list of actual outright fibs used in the movie. He doesn't seem like another Michael Moore to me.

Also I dunno why he would even need to lie. "McDonalds is not a sustainable diet" can speak for itself without any lies or deceit

Chill, retard

oh god i hope you are not implying Sup Forums is different (or god forbid, better) than reddit

fucking lol dude

Lies should only be fought with the truth, not more lies

>it's burden of proof and data aren't really THAT important.

first of all, you only use the contraction "it's" when you are saying "it is," the possessive is "its."

but mainly

>facts and statistics don't matter despite the film being presented as a documentary

just like others have said, i could go to any nice restaurant for every meal, and if i order the most unhealthy option every time you will get fat and have the same health problems.

> dumb americunts think that there ain't healthy "fat" people
A guy who got fat by eating too much food from his grandma will be ten times healthier than one who got fat by eating McDonalds

no, i'm implying that Sup Forums is shit because we have cross-posting homos like you.

Not so simple. Sometimes you have to choose what can give the best or faster result to a goal.

Sup Forums is shit because you have people who seriously defend trash like BvS and even in the eyes of other shit boards you are considered no better than s4s.

>first of all, you only use the contraction "it's" when you are saying "it is," the possessive is "its."
lol its a doggy dog world out there. posts like that are a diamond dozen

For all intensive purposes.

>possesive is "its"

except that's wrong you fucking retard

the whole point was that McDonalds said you can eat McDonalds everyday and it's alright, which is a lie, and there are people who eat it very fucking often and don't know how shitty the food is

i think he got his point across and it's a funny documentary

I used to eat a Big Mac(TM) Every day and I was Loving It(R) but my cock just got too big from all the beef hormones so I had to stop.

youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

not even going to google that to make sure you're right?

grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/its_its.htm

i wonder how Sup Forums reacted when Where In The World is Osama came out

So sue me, it's late. There's a pile of typos too but I don't see your red marker anywhere else.

What he is doing with the "experiment" is packaging a message, it's not a study. He presents plenty of data from real studies but what he is doing in the film can best be described as a stunt.

His stunt is an entertainment vehicle for illustrating the effects of such a lifestyle and to keep you invested while he relays actual the results of actual studies.

>Being fat
>Healthy

Uhoh, HAES is here

okay, but if that is the case then the film was marketed and is still cited in bad faith constantly. it does not purport itself as a "stunt," but rather a factual, expository documentary.

Maybe in terms of preservatives but to get fat you still have to eat more salt and sugar than is healthy, still carry more weight than your body is designed for - resulting in damage to your joins, bones and feet - still stress your heart more, still burden your kidneys and liver more, still clog your arteries, still fuck up your insulin levels.

Being fat is never healthy. I don't mean having love handles or a spare tire or flabby arms fat, I mean 20-30lbs overweight fat. It's as bad as smoking.

>being fat
>healthy

:^)

It still meets those requirements with the data it slips in but you're right, the main thrust of the film is an illustration of the lifestyle in a non-controlled or particularly scientific manner.

I beought that up previously, that the gimmick can be used well or plied dishonestly. That the doc takes advantage of the pliability of the average person to point out the pliability of the average person is either ironic or hypocritical but I'm still not sure which.

yeah like i just want to point there are doctors in this movie who made claims about his health that turned out embarrassingly off-the-mark, and i can't imagine they'd pretend to be incompetent to help prove this random dude's social experiment right.

since that would probably impact their reputations

>infotainment
Too bad there was no info, so it's just entertainment. It was also presented as an educational documentary, but it failed at that for reasons previously explained.

>He presents plenty of data from real studies
Except that his caloric intake claim doesn't add up and he never once cited the variables in his study, which, by the way, it was presented as, an experiment. Yes it was supposed to be entertaining, but it had a serious message that was supposed to be backed with an experiment, albeit a faulty one.

>His stunt is an entertainment vehicle
And that's all it is, even if it wasn't entertaining. The problem is even the things he was completely right about don't take into account almost every other necessary factor and instead just tries to portray McDonald's as the bogeyman.

Yes, he did get fat and gross (even though he already was kinda fat at the beginning). Yes, he did gorge himself. He also stopped exercising completely, ate far beyond what was reasonable, and didn't take into account the fact that switching from a nightly vegan diet to literally anything else, let alone processed fast food, can turn your body into liquid pudding for the first few months when your body is acquainting itself with a volatile dietary change. But no, it was just rock n roll McDonald's.

>it does not purport itself as a "stunt,"
how does it not present itself as a stunt? dude says "i'm gonna do something unhealthy and dangerous and post results", that's a stunt, like any jackass bit, it just lasted a month with slowly-appearing detrimental results, as opposed to a jackass stunt that takes a few minutes and has immediate detrimental results.

I figure they had an agenda to push, got paid for their appearance, assumed fact checkers wouldn't impact the free press from appearing in the anti-McD's movie, were generally incompetent GP's (not rare), or some combination thereof.

i highly, highly doubt this random film doc guy could have offered them any sum high enough to jeopardize their reputations intentionally. loosen the straps on your tinfoil hat for a second and maybe consider the doctors did agree at the beginning to be filmed and were genuinely surprised when his health plummeted as fast as it did.

doctors used to endorse smoking to reduce stress once upon a time.

Did you get inside the man :^)

DELETE THIS
E
L
E
T
E

I never understood "delete this" posters. Is it a tumblr meme?

been wanting some mcdonalds all day really

6.35 for a quarter pounder w/ cheese, and its summer so soft drinks are a buck.
go for it.

Its called salads.
McDs salads are actually good.
Just mix em with dem burgers.

it's a Sup Forums meme
youtube.com/watch?v=GJZRVG40Wwo

/fit/ here.

The movie is okay, but it fails to acknowledge one thing:

McDonald's wants people to consume more calories than ever.

The reasons why Amerifats are fat is because of high calorie consumption. I see Frenchfrogs eat a lot of McDs but they mostly don't get fat because of low calorie count in foreign McD foods (A Big Mac meal set in France has less fries than in America).

It's okay to eat McDonalds', but watch your calories and switch for a Diet Coke, please.

who says it has to be a meme, it is a perfectly fair response to things you don't like

unfortunately if you don't have a vagina, you're just memeing. if you DO have a vagina, "DELETE THIS" becomes a pretty potent demand that for some reason makes everyone in the entertainment biz cater to you

Thanks, /fit/. Wish that boards like /lgbt/, /o/, po/ and /an/ were here to give their opinions too

>I'm skinny, so that means there's nothing wrong with my food habits

holy shit dude, try to eat healthy for a month, you'll feel so much better

/p/ here. Just take pictures of the food instead of eating it ya dummy!

Based /p/. Don't mess with these guys, they might flash your flesh out

Yeah... No. You got the basic issue down, and that is portion control. However, recommending diet sodas is a terrible idea, and I would also state that people also watch how often a month people visit places like McDonalds.

Because of this movie Disney no longer allows licenses McDonalds to make happy meal toys of their properties.

:^(

Man I was so bullied when I said I wanted more depth of field instead of booky

It was made when America didn't really know shit about fast food (not many people had the internet at that time) so it really shed light on something SOME people done eat everyday

>Wish that boards like /lgbt/ were here to give their opinions too
gee, it's not like they shove their opinion on every board much like the "pol boogeyman" does

A mc donald's salad has more calories than a bic mac.

It'd have to be funny for me to take it as a comedy

Probably more filling too.
It's like you're unaware people need calories to live.

Hasn't this been debunked too?

Yes, he'll be HEALTHIER, but not healthy. For example BvS is shittier than the Pest, but they're still both shit movies.

>It's okay to eat McDonalds', but watch your calories and switch for a Diet Coke, please.
>switch for a Diet Coke, please
B-But then people will think that I'm a food hypocrite for eating fast food and having a diet coke

Americans didn't like finding out that fast food is actually bad for you.