Memes aside, what's his fucking problem? The NW is made up of 95% untrained rapists and thieves...

Memes aside, what's his fucking problem? The NW is made up of 95% untrained rapists and thieves, and an actual proper swordsmen comes along and he acts like it's the worst thing that could ever happen? All his talk about how the Wall should be properly defended and all he does is try and pigeon hole the only good warrior there. Fuckin drama queen

>told whole life to not trust wildlings
>doesn't trust wildlings

gee i wonder

Wildlings didn't even enter it till later, he tried to blackball Jon from say one, even while Ned was still alive

>let wildlings in
>they do no harm, dont fuck shit up when their king is burnt at the stake, actually help a bit
>OH BOOHOO YOU LET THEM IN HOW DARE YOU JONSNOO

I thinks it's the fact that the only thing that kept them alive is defending the wall from the cavemen from the north. Letting them pass would make them useless, since they wouldn't have anything to do, because even if the actual prupouse of the wall is to keep those ice faggots outside, the kingdom doesn't really believe in their existence

Aren't the Nightwatchman there to defend against the Others primarily?

In the books he's a Targ loyalist that got exiled after the war so he resents Jon for being the son of one of the guys who got him sent to the wall. He also has nothing to do with Jon's death.

But the wildlings have the superior position. They have the numbers and are in the NW's back. They could take the wall whenever as seen in episode 2.

He was meant to be kind of like the drill sergeant from Full Metal Jacket, he takes a giant shit on everyone to harden them up and unite them in misery. D&D's interpretation was that he was a retarded sociopath or something though.

I don't think that Thorne as he was originally written would have ever turned on Jon no matter how much he opposed what he was doing.

They are but since no one had seen one since forever thy thought it was just a legend/they don't exist anymore

holy shit it's swaglord

No cure for being a cunt.

You'd think those that survived Hardhome in the show would have told their Night's Watch Brothers about the shit that went down...

People in the game of thrones universe are retarded.

FUCKING

THIS

did no one tell this motherfucker about the ICE DEMONS?

This

Who would win: 1,000 British Grenadiers or 10,000 Dothraki?

British have probably overcome worse odds, but it would depend on a bunch of circumstances. How well led are the British? Are they dug in? Experienced? Favourable terrain? Supplies? How hype are the Dothraki? 10000 warriors not counting women, children and elderly?

Because Thorne wa a Targaryen loyalist who came to the wall so he wouldnt be executed. He hates the Starks because they represent the life that was taken away from him.

simple answer

Highly doubt they could withstand 10:1 odds, especially fighting off cavalry.

bonglanders may be annoying cunts but they literally built an empire wrecking various flavor of shitskins

Those 1000 british spend a day putting wheels on their ships and fucking run over the dothraki

LAND NAVY BEST NAVY

You'd think that them all serving on a gigantic fucking magic wall would hint them in on a threat larger than some northern primitives being the purpose of their service

also iirc in S1 they even had a guy getting raised from the dead and turned into an ice zombie in castle black

not to mention that half of them saw ice zombies with their own eyes and would likely slap the shit out of thorne for ignoring such a threat

gunpowder > oiled up guys on horses

now i'd pay to see that shit

Do you think that's a real chin?

He took the black because he fought for the Targaryen's during the Rebellion. So it's pretty obvious why he hates the bastard son of one of the people who put him there.

Do they get cannons with grapeshot?

Please.

i'd fucking hope so