Ask a bored Paramedic anything

Ask a bored Paramedic anything.

why are you bored?

No no has blown their hands off yet. Working a 10 hour shift

so you wish someone gets hurt?

I'm a paramedic, too. Where are you from?

CT

WHY ARENT U OUT THER TO SAVE PEOPLE HUH U LAZY NIGGER

Because the nigs aren't dying yet!

do you like being a paramedic?

It has its moments, but overall yes. It's not so much helping people because 95% of the people we deal with are trash, I like the challenge.

I just got my EMT cert, worked in the local hospital ER for a few months.

Any advice to get a job with AMR or other EMT driving positions?

I've applied to all the major ambulance companies but I've received one response from a company, and they are located a good hours drive. It's a ambulance that serves the country part of town

Just pick a place that does 911 transports, it will help you in the long run. Also, don't be ashamed to go where the money is. AMR can be a shit company to work for depending on the division so do your homework

AMR is the dominant company here in the Pacific Northwest.

Would a medical shuttle be a good start?

I'm looking to gain experience for the long run to help me get my Paramedic certification.

Only if you have an agreement with them to move upward. That would help you become familiar with the system and area, a lot of our guys started there

Thanks. I'll try looking for other companies and see what they have to offer. I don't want to be stuck for years servicing the trucks waiting for the chance to get on a rig.

I've heard some pretty shitty stories.

Yea no kidding. Not sure how they work out west, but here in New England most people hate working for AMR

How much do you get paid? How many hours do you usually work a day?

I make just over $25/hr and I do 40 hours a week. I typically work nights so I get shift differential too.

Have you ever dealt with someone choking to death on their own shit? Get ready

I have seen an old lady vomiting shit once, that was fucked.

If you go into shock from blood loss, but have stopped the bleeding, can you still die?

Yes, your major organs can shut down

I don't really personally know anyone who has been a first responder besides my dad who was a sheriff.

I had to learn how to do everything by myself. I found a few of the instructors who taught my EMT on Facebook and they've been helping me through the process.

From what they had told me, it's very hit and miss. And it's a type of job that really helps if you know someone who knows someone.

And if all else fails, our local fire and rescue is opening up.

Being so inexperienced and new to everything makes it much more harder. I'll probably stick with working in our local ER as it pays well and is solid experience for now.

>Paramedic
>Not Firefighter/Paramedic
What are you doing with your life?

All true. A local volunteer service is good experience as well.

I have all my fire certs, I basically just picked EMS. If I wasn't 15 years in I'd make a change but at the moment I'm happy and I don't want to start at the bottom at this point.

Dammit
If I'm going into shock from hemorrhoid blood loss, should I get that checked out?

I've never heard of death via hemorrhoid but if it won't stop bleeding then you should probably have that checked.

how many sociopaths that let you die are in the profession?

I would think very few, our treatment is tightly monitored, at least in my area. Can't say the same about the rest however. I imagine they are out there though

That's just it. It stops bleeding after I go
But

After I go, I get light headed, dizzy, my vision fades in and out, I feel physically I'll and it takes me some time to catch my breath.

I'm not even sure that's shock, I used Google to assume that's what it was signs of.

Sounds closer to a GI bleed than a hemorrhoid. You should go to the hospital.

I'm in paramedic school, can't get a part time EMT gig anywhere.. Will I have problems getting a job with EMT-P and no experience?

Potentially, depends on your area. A commercial service would probably be best to look into.

OP see

Damn. Well I still get free VA care for another year, maybe I'll see if they can squeeze me in soon, otherwise hospital here I come

I am a paramedic in Israel MDA