best swordfighting corey-ography of all time HANDS DOWN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rR1cMPnMcaY
youtube.com/watch?v=lC6dgtBU6Gs
youtube.com/watch?v=gJBEDxh0RQw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tell me about dayne!
>why does he use two swords like a fag?

are you kidding me? they are anticipating every attack. you can see the actors line up for a block or a parry before the person engaged in combat with them even starts to attack. it was amateurish at best. go watch the scene again.

Some of the adult cosplayers I saw at comic con last year did a better job flinging their fake play swords around in public in a vain attempt at wooing the paid costumed models there then these guys.

>double long swords
jesus christ who wrote this bullshit

WHY TWO FUCKING SWORDS?

Godamn that makes my blood boil. No one dual wields for real, its fucking anime bullshit.

and Dawn was a GREATSWORD. Well done Dabid&Dan. Well done.

DUWAL-WIELD

Except Miyamoto Musashi.
But that was with a Katana and a Wakazashi, not two longswords.

>being this mad over dual weilding in a fantasy show with other magic swords and dragons and shit

>single hand can parry a two hand strike

ya no

JEWEL-WIELD

I bet you think they should have shown him holding it with one hand two, we get it nerd it's "supposed to be fantasy"

>anime reaction image

yep everything checks out
MODS

I think dual-wielding longswords is more of an American thing. Probably from D&D.

youtube.com/watch?v=rR1cMPnMcaY

Yeah we should definitely ban anime reaction images on an anime site.

>Yeah we should definitely ban anime reaction images on an anime site
Agreed.

did it purely because you mentioned anime<

>ANIME
>N
>I
>M
>E

>Not understanding how deflection works
>"Angled tank armor can't deflect a shell"

It was a pretty good scene

More overchoreographed 'actors swinging at each other's swords and aren't even pretending to be in any real danger' nonsense. It's like children playing with sticks.

And don't say all movie and TV fights are like that. The Duelists, Troy, Excalibur, Rob Roy, Rome, even Game of Thrones itself has had well-choreographed fights in earlier seasons. Why can't it get good again, why have standards slipped?

Why does he have two swords? Does he lose them often?

this scene was honestly fucking garbage

not only the fighting but the writing and the acting

DID THEY HIRE NOLAN?

Whining virgin bed-wetters

hahaha holy shit
I hope the guy in the foreground got fired

RED SUN

..yeah, blame the actor
After all it was being broadcast live, right?

GEEEEEE ARTHUR

HOW COME YOUR MOM LETS YOU WIELD TWO SWORDS?

UMBERMENCSH FUCKING CONFIRMED.

UMBERS REFUSED TO KNEEL OR SWEAR FEALTY. UMBERS INSULTED RAMSAY TO HIS FUCKING FACE. UMBERS POACHED A RANDOM DIREWOLF TO POSE AS SHAGGY DOG. UMBERS STILL HEART STARKS 4EVER.

UMBERMENSCH CONFIRMED. GET HYPE.

Dis gonna be fucking good I still feel like rickon will die though :(

Not before Ramsay plays his games with him

kek'd

you guys dont seem to understand that you absolutely need two swords fight against multiple opponents

dual wielding is only inconvenient if both swords are supposed to go in the same direction. dayne is using one for defending at the front and one at the back or alternatively left and right sides, so there are no limitations to his range of motion. if he only used one sword, someone would rek him from behind similar to what happened in the end

a shield would actually be worse than a second sword in that situation - especially if we're talking about an exceptional swordsman like arthur dayne. having him wield just one sword and nothing else like in the books would be beyond retarded and essentially the same as fighting with your fists

>He hasn't seen Polanski's Macbeth

Apparently, neither did anyone else.

>a shield would actually be worse than a second sword in that situation
no
not at all. A shield offers a lot more options than backhanding a sword. In any case, high quality plate is nigh impenetrable to almost all swords, as long as you aren't static.

History has proven that you are wrong. Just stop

I don't get it, which one is Dawn?

Historians have literally no idea how people used to fight medieval times.

God just go and kill yourself already.

You're the one getting mad.

you mean the surviving records which represent barely a 0.01% fraction of all the contemporary material produced? an amount that is so insignificant it could very well be considered a statistical error?

and knighthood was a full time job, who wrote all those historical records? sure as fuck weren't the knights. any memes you've heard about dual wielding not being practical are perpetrated by people who have never held a sword in their lives nor have they ever seen real combat. just looking at the raw physics of it, you'll see that it works just fine

Has there ever been an excellent long take sword fight in any film/show?

>good swordsman with one sword may as well be using fists
>but two swords...

Nice false equivalence you stupid, fucking animefaggot. Keep defending the shows errors and missteps, it's beyond pitiful.

that was the worst thing i've ever seen

god anime is so fucking stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=lC6dgtBU6Gs

inb4 leddit

And that was the keeper take? Guy's prop shield malfunctions/he drops it, and they're like "Perfect!"

This is what bothered me. 4 v 1, if the Ned's boy had some fucking armor, they could have just bum rushed him and then stabbed him in the weak spots. Swinging a sword one handed isn't going to cut through armor.

It's painfully obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

At least they could have given him a dagger instead of another longsword if they really wanted him to dual wield. They were just trying to clash swords and make noises, that was a bit disappointing.

Pic unrelated, but damn cute

Dual wielding full-sized swords is just about as practical as dual wielding pistols.
Anyone with common sense or who has played with swordfighting with sticks as a kid knows so much.
It looks cool but doesn't make it any more valid tactic, get over it.

>random direwolf

>He doesn't know how argument works

Holy shit what if Greatjon is alive... no he isn't but holy shit that would've been awesome

>Reed: Now you're gonna pay for that...

>*teleports behind you

>Why does he have two swords?
This kept triggering me too.

>History
You mean Tabletop roleplaying games

Well, at least Arthur Dayne was not cast as a nigger

Man, this show use to be cool.

in his defense, seeing how he has to face Arthur fucking Dayne, he probably shat his pants minutes ago and his palms are sweaty and cramping up from stress and fear.

>now it begins

No. Now it ends.

well the guy they had for oberyn x mountain is on star wars now, so it looks like theyve got a shit replacement.

It was actually good despite the dual sword meme.

>medieval knights used two swords because I say so :^)

No. I came back to stop you.

No, na-wittenzs

>Today it's ends
>tfw

>Arthur Dayne
>"The Sword of the Morning"
>famed for his greatsword "Dawn"
>fights with two regular sized swords
>"Dawn" is a piece of shit with a little sun drawn on it

why does everything look like shit this season? did HBO slash their budget?

LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED SWORD

Dayne should've replied with "For you."

>why have standards slipped?
Like in 90% of all shows? They start off strong, and gradually decline into shit. The self respecting viewers leave, while the plebs remain and eat whatever shit the kikes throw on thier plate with each passing season e.g. TWD, Lost, Dexter (holy shit Dexter was painful to watch in the final seasons)

Funnier than a fart joke. Hopefully even D&D won't go that low- Oh

HACKSOOOOOON

youtube.com/watch?v=gJBEDxh0RQw
retard

who is this semen demon

No idea. Took it on /tg/.

i enjoyed the scene

Is this a common gesture in Japan? I know they're famous for being reserved, but do girls really cover their mouth that often when they laugh, or is it just an anime thing?

This guy sounds just like my Roman history teacher. And in both cases, I assume he knows what he's talking about purely because of the accent.

watching later seasons of House M.D. is heart breaking

autism...
that people need a video of some guy explaining something SO obvious

this, i'd probably shit myself and run seeing that shit.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

This, a guy making a mistake in combat is actually kind of realistic.

>fighting the greatest swordsman alive
>terrified
>sweating like crazy because it's the fucking desert

Yeah must he heartbreaking to realize you wasted so much time on a shitty show

Mix of both. They do sometimes, but in general anime styles revolve around extremely exaggerated and simple expressions that can't be misinterpreted.

in japan if you act like an anime you're probably an autistic faggot.

And he only used the Wakazashi basically as a shield anyway.

>dual wielding
>no proper armour

Remember when they at least pretended to try?

Good thing GoT isn't a historical series and is a fantasy show then.

>no proper armour
what?

> seasons 1 and 2 of House
> shitty

This argument is so retarded.

European rapier and dagger is the same principle. You mostly use it to close a line but you can also use it to stab if you happen to end up that close to your opponent.

Kingsguard Season1.

THIS

but i have to say i always loved how the books would talk about Dawn like it was the king of swords so not seeing it was a bummer

Kingsguard Season 6.

They don't even try anymore.

what's your point?