Black Friday Headphones Thread

Should I get the 598 Cs?

I need a super quiet set, so definitely need little to no leakage. Also the detachable wire is super appealing to me b/c I constantly break the wires.

I'll never be able to afford anything over $100, so is this my best choice?

On sale for $99 USD btw
amazon.ca/Sennheiser-HD-598-Cs-Headphone/dp/B01JP436TS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480119414&sr=8-1&keywords=598 cs

Closed cups = fuck no.

The whole reason these headphones, and by "these" i mean "all the models that look like these that you might have seen around", are good, is because they have open cups

Sennheiser exclusively makes ugly ass overpriced garbage for autistic reddit neckbeards who are into wet shaving and fountain pens. Save up and get real headphones.

but I want to listen to them on the bus and I don't want everyone to hear my gay ass music. What are the best closed headphones then?

Are they really that bad? I may have bought them already.

Never seen this model before but the HD 598 are open back and leak like crazy as a result. Not sure how quiet an over-ear model can be honestly, even closed back

I used to have the kingston hyperx model and they were pretty quiet enough. It's definitely possible.

Get the HD 598, it's like $150 right now.
Ignore anybody that says they're bad.

If you really need a closed back, then this is the best deal you'll get probably. I still think you should get the flagship model though.
What's wrong with either of those things. Writing with my favorite pen is one of the few things I enjoy anymore.

>99
fuck youuuuuuuuuuu
I got them for 200

How do you like them user?
pls respond

fucking love them. but I'm pleb as fuck, they are my first decent pair of headphones

thanks for the honest review user. Im not much of an audiophile either. just looking for a tough closed pair with decent quality.

how's the sound leakage?

>sound leakage
my roomate can hear them when I have them pretty loud, but it results in really good sound placement with classical stuff

Beyer dt1350s are on sale
Or if there's senn hd25 in your price range get those

These are pleb headphones, sennheiser's good stuff is 200+

>on-ear

these headphones ARE usually over $200 though.

>200
lol it's a sale my dude

thanks user it sounds perfect.

i really appreciate it

Also, they're so comfy I sometimes forget they are on my head, I walked away from my computer to open the door and I broke my laptop screen because they were plugged in.

lmfao is wet shaving weird or unusual?

>he uses shaving cream
hahahhahaha are you gay?

No, but redditors are obsessed with collecting shaving brushes, straight razors, scented aftershave, etc. because it's le classy old fashioned gentlemanly.

>he wears full size headphones in public

>he goes out in public

Just get the m50x and be done with it. I've had mine for two years and I love them. They're closed, so no sound leaks. I wear them on the train a lot. They sound great, OP. I'm telling you. I know people meme on the m50x a lot, but they're fucking good.

Pic related and blurry af

I use apple earphones in public because I got a pair for free from somebody and they have decent sound and built quality (every pair of Sony in-ears I've had has broken.)

These are for home, why would I wear open-back headphones in public anyway?

Apple headphones are cool but they always end up breaking after a few months.

Sennheiser is a bit expensive for some of their headphones but the quality is great and I've had a pair for years that still sound fantastic.

Op, 558 and 598 are both great. Would recommend either unless you can afford their really expensive ones. Technica's are decent too but not as comfortable I find and not quite as great in quality.

Mine haven't broken, plus they were free so who cares if they do. I'd just buy a wireless pair if I really needed a new one anyway.

Wet shaving is for alphas, you crater face razor burn mouth breather.

>meme50s

Dont listen to him.

the 598s are better in every way

>closed

if you are going to buy shitty closed headphones might as well buy beats or pussy repellent M50x.

>not liking closed cans

primates pls leave

look at this pleb

>closed
Those are semi-closed

I mean they're great headphones but they leak like crazy. I have the same pair and sometimes use them as speakers.
Best pair of headphones I've ever owned tho.

Closed cans are for swine.
Those aren't even fully closed pleb idiot.

>spending money on things you don't understand

Sennheiser are selling their HD 700s for £320, does that seem like a good deal?

there's nothing wrong with meme50s

Like 50%of their sales are to faggots from Sup Forums.

the m40s are better and about 3/5ths the price

What amp and/or dac should I get for my 598s?