Favorite metal album of any sub-genre. Go!

Favorite metal album of any sub-genre. Go!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S2sttBzip-8
youtube.com/watch?v=os_iLakPN1E
youtube.com/watch?v=ONTRVdQghFA
youtube.com/watch?v=1aM8XoWZeq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

edge-lord faggot detected

this comes to mind immediately, fav band, though i've got at least five others up there somewhere

That's your favorite Tool album? Interesting choice. My favorite is Enima

This one never gets old!

aenima is amazing as well! got about 4-5 favorite songs of theirs on it too. i judged to say 10000 days would be my favorite not based on its composition as a whole thing but rather as how many songs on it i never really get bored of and have absolutely loved since i heard them. anyway i basically adore every album they've ever put out

NINETEEN SIXTAY...

Not bad! What did you think of Twilight of Thunder God?

Fiiiive YEAH WOW. I love the first song "Welcome to Planet Motherfucker "

Apocalypse 1992 rise of the chaos wizards by gloryhammer

Same here. Even Opiate kicked ass

Relatively new album from fantastic stoner metal band

exactly! loved that riff in sweat, surely you know which i'm talking about, opiate and even jerkoff off it. died the first time i heard the gaping lotus experience too

AMERICAN LUCK!
IT'S JUST FOR CANNUKS!!

I love that one too, and really any of their albums. I enjoy more their later work, as their music became quite a bit more melodic, which I like, but all their songs are amazing!

KoRn's first album.

Mah nigga. 2 wheel Nation is one of my favorite tunes ever

This album came out the same year Rammstein was formed.
youtube.com/watch?v=S2sttBzip-8

Kek

They were some crazy motherfuckers who could put out some good music! Even my dad (who otherwise dislikes metal) enjoys listening to the clean version of "More Human than Human"

fuck yeah my NIGGA

yeah, you can definitely hear more melodic riffs in their later albums. I've found myself liking those more. ever seen them live? i saw them on Johann's birthday in 2014, it was pretty epic.

btw is anyone here into Kyuss? i love their album Welcome to Sky Valley.

that acid king album starts off really awesome! definitely listening to all of it asap

Nice!

Can't stand this album

Yup. You really can't go wrong with the first 3. I already know people are gonna bitch...haters can suck it-this album defined my generation in popular music

I swear to God somebody else must have been writing the lyrics for Rob on this album, everything afterward was just so terrible and trite as far as the lyrics are concerned, don't even get me started about his solo shit. educated horses? wtf, man.... wtf.

>tfw they're making dubstep crap now

Yeah they were doing "rap metal" way before it was trendy. And when it started to get popular they changed their style again to a more industrial feel. Forget Rob as a solo artist, this original band is So underrated IMO.

Their first music is definitely raw, uncut, and purely brutal (in a good way)! But their later stuff, though the sound has changed quite a bit, is still pretty good!

Kyuss is amazing. I just love all Stoner Metal to be honest.
You should check out some bands like Wo Fat and Egypt, their albums are like extended jam sessions at points. Just great fuzzy rock.

killed me a bit inside to be reminded of this

I'll just leave these here.

It was an experience hearing this album when it first came out. So different to anything I'd listened to before. It's a shame it really marks the point where all the nu metal faggotry that shit up the metal as a whole for the next decade.

Yeah and his titles: Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor. Like WUT? Lol I preferred "MC Rob" here in the early 90's when he was rappin about tripped out horror movie shit

ooh yeah i like egypt too, got more?

That was a more experimental album, and it isn't quite my favorite, though there were a couple of okay songs on it. If you have listened to The Paradigm Shift, their latest work, you can see that, although there is some synth stuff, it makes a return to that hard-hitting nu-metal, with nice melodic flairs as well.

Love this! WAY better than the poser version of this band:GHOST

Not to mention his newest work, "Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser." (Don't ask me how I remembered all that)

youtube.com/watch?v=os_iLakPN1E

Agreed lol prolly every single band and album on this list owes a debt to these original albums

KING DIAMOND IS LEGENDARY

Haha good work! I was gonna mention it but couldn't remember it to save my life lmao

Yeah I really like The Paradigm Shift and Korn III

I remember trying to get into Fleshgod awhile back but I just couldn't get into it. Their more new shit has me hooked though.

R.I.P. DT 1987-2010

Classic. I love all of their albums tbh

I would recommend Truckfighters. Sasquatch are pretty cool as well. There's just so many great Stoner Metal bands. Check out the Stoned Meadow Of Doom YouTube channel, loads of Stoner great albums are posted there, it's actually where I discovered these bands.

Wish I could see them live, especially knowing they're on tour right now.
>mfw they're not coming to my city

nigg you stoned? you did mention it

amazing

proggy instrumental

Truckfighters are good but definitely not metal, I would say the are predominantly rock

Those albums for me ARE the genre. Everything else is a spin off.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha wow

I think all their albums are fantastic but The Hunter and Once more 'Round The Sun are definitely not as good as their other albums

Yeah, but it's hard to draw the line between metal and rock within the stoner genre.

y-----------eah yeah yeah y--------------eah

first album i'd heard from them, was so excited i remember immediately ordering a tshirt lol. i'd never heard prog before. amazing album, anyway. everything after is kinda.. yeah

I fucking love Nile

A FALLEN TIME THATS BYE GAAWWN

Great choice

Old fag spotted

Refer to for dope stoner metal

youtube.com/watch?v=ONTRVdQghFA

this cant be real. regardless, Devils Rejects was a phenomenal movie. great soundtrack too. I didn't care for any of his other movies

Acid King are great. I love Busse Woods.

youtube.com/watch?v=1aM8XoWZeq8

I met Rob Zombie once. He was super fuckin cool and intelligent. He is way more knowledgable about metal than most give him credit for I think. He said Metallica's Ride the Lightning made him wanna play metal.

bamp!

Sunn O backwards bracket backwards bracket backwards bracket

Based flute leafs

Rob Zombie ain't give two shits what he named his albums, does he.

I personally haven't seen his movies, but he did showcase his latest work "31" at a film festival in my state, and I wish I would have gone to see it, I've heard that if you're cool with wild amounts of blood and gore (I don't mind it), then you'll love the movie!

neat. from the few things I've seen of him off stage I thought he might be kind of a dick, I met his brother "spider" in 08 and he was pretty cool. Blew out his voice after three songs but it was toward the end of their tour.

Now that experience, I am jealous of. As weird as he seems to be, you are absolutely right, he's much smarter than he seems on the surface!

Fuck I don't understand this Black Metal stuff. I think the culture of batshit crazy people killin each other and burnin down churches is cool...but I just can't get into the music. I do like some Cradle Of Filth but as everyone knows they are kind of the mainstream version of the genre

I just can't get into black metal. It sounds like slowed death metal played thorough a toilet