Can somebody tell me why she is the currently the highest paid actress?

Can somebody tell me why she is the currently the highest paid actress?

>acting = kind of okay, but there are better actors
>looks = kind of okay/hot, but they are more beautiful actors

What makes her so special? Why don't studios just take a "no name" actress like Star wars did and save 40-50 million?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x2qbmn6
youtube.com/watch?v=BBAtAM7vtgc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who is she? I'm not even joking. I haven't followed actresses in a long time. Probably not any other actresses out there. All of them are old now.

you're confusing top tier agent teams and professional handlers with the product.

which is what is confusing you. She doesn't have any unique traits that confer to her why she has the money that she does.

She was positioned by a team of people as a product and through shenanigans and business deals made a lot of money. If the movies do well enough they get more money.

Her career, her money is all a byproduct of that.

She's sucks Weinstein's dick

Because how much an actor gets paid is largely to do with how much pull they have with audiences, and how much the people working on the movie want them.

Arnold is the perfect example. He's not particularly handsome and he sure as fuck can't act, but people loved watching him and some roles just couldn't be done as well by someone else, and also if you're a director making "art" you're going to be ready to pay whatever to get that particular actor to fulfill your vision.

makes sense. And Star Wars could do it because they had a popular franchise?

Exactly but the real power now is that Marvel has a very talented marketing department. Starwars used to survive on brand alone because it had Lucas and even when you hate him, you're still going to remember the movie which is why people can still quote the prequels even when they hate them.

I love them as a side bar but my point is Starwars even if driven into the ground could survive off of Disney marketing alone.

I mean as a basis for context, John Carter is basically starwars before starwars was starwars, bad marketing is the only reason they fucked up.

I would have also walked that story in differently. I would have started on mars with more scifi elements opening the movie and used a different structure to tell the alt-world stuff.

Would have helped with the marketing.

Emily Blunt?

because reddit memed her into the spotlight. now every normalfag pretends to love her because "she's just leik us guyz!".

Yes. Star Wars is the perfect example where the actors don't matter, precisely why TFA starred nobodies.

try reading the filename

It's Jennifer Lawrence you fucking plebs, I could cell it was her without even reading the filename.

Good for you.

Because she sucked the right dick to get where she is today. Duh.

true

This.

Kanye West is a trash musician, but he's a product and people have brand recognition when they hear his name.

> Kanye West
> Trash musician

Redneck KKK member who only listens to country shit music confirmed

nigger detected

>Can somebody tell me why she is the currently the highest paid actress?
She is the most popular.

It has nothing to do with skills (as a rule, but there are exceptions I guess).

There was a space in the Jewish formula for Hollywood requiring an actress of medium good looks and reasonable skill.

This.
If you look at older highest paid actors and actresses you'll notice that it's always someone who was incredibly popular at the time, like Julia Roberts or Jim Carrey.

>Kanye West is a trash musician
Kanye has put out some *great* material if you like rap. Obviously that is my opinion. But he has sold a lot of albums over his career.

Since he has entered the Kardashian brood, his music has fallen off significantly (again, IMO).

Before Kardashians:
dailymotion.com/video/x2qbmn6

After Kardashians:
youtube.com/watch?v=BBAtAM7vtgc

Millennials love the Hunger Games. Her popularity is already fading fast though.

Kanye is allright I guess but nowhere near being GOAT. He once did a track with KRS, Nas and Rakim and was literally BTFO.
He's sort of like Dre, great producer but mediocre rapper.

shut the fuck up