Why do hipsters love post-punk so much? It sounds like early new wave except boring and pretentious

Why do hipsters love post-punk so much? It sounds like early new wave except boring and pretentious.

it sounds great faggot

come back to me after listening Pere Ubu and Metal Box, if you don't like consider removing your frontal cortex

That faggot would need play-doh and puppy therapy in his safe space if he listened to any post punk, he clearly only listens to twee folk.

I agree, perfect description.

It has muh dark intellectual aesthetic. It's why they pretend to be communists and nihilists while also being obsessed with fashion and other image related things.

>Godard
>bad

Kill yourself reactionary pleb fuck

New wave IS post-punk fucko

a more commercial-friendly version of it

no wave is arguably more pretentious on the surface/first-listen than post punk

I don't pretend to be a Marxist Sup Forums faggot

post-punk and new wave are both absolute cancer for tryhard faggots who force themselves to like it to seem cool, but luckily, nobody has or ever will think that they are cool in any way.

CA- I don't get it.

pretentiousness is a fun thing though, so it can't be more moring

because those things are mutually exclusive? no seriously i have no idea about communism etc and whether it would be

>putting stirner and zizek in the same pic
clueless

nothing requires less trying or posturing than liking the talking heads. its fucking candy.
fuck yourself.

Honestly post punk is probably the most boundary pushing genre of the last 40 years, people forget that some incredibly strange stuff is post punk/industrial

A lot of no wave is fun though, listen to Helen Fordsdale by Mars while babbling incoherantly and dancing like David Byrne, it's a laugh

I love post-punk and my depressed qt gf thinks i'm cool.

>not getting the joke
pretentious /lit/ fagg0

that's the velvet underground starter pack tho

Avant-prog, No Wave, EAI, Free Improv, Noise Rock, Heavy Psych, Post-punk, Coldwave, Avant-folk, Acid Folk, Freak Folk, etc. are all for pretentious losers with no friends who can only express themselves by pretending to like le esoteric music.

true for everything except freak folk and noise rock

About half of these are true. The other shit is cringe-worthy, and only added to undermine the true parts.
Also, you're probably an actual cuck.

never been on lit. keep that ressentiment humming.

>they pretend to be communists and nihilists
>Bergman and Tarkovsky
the math doesn't add up

What in the fuck is "le esoteric" about fucking Talking Heads or Sonic Youth

Express themselves to who if they have no friends? Esoteric? Pretentious losers I agree with though.

>craptilim is dum
>fashion
>giving a shit what others think

why are hipsters so gay?

I love Post Punk.

Color me hipster then I guess.

The alt-right isn't a thing

this post is very crossboard

i'm pretty sure most people who enjoy listening to a lot of music do

New wave is punk man. When punk started the label of "punk" was the corporate term and new wave is what the originals called themselves.

Is killing joke post-punk? I'd think they're kind of proto-industrial or something.

Post-punk was worthless musically, but its lyrics and cover art had top notch aesthetics. This makes it very good for building your tumblr personality around.

>Solovair
>Camel Blues
what the fuck you fucking faggot leave me alone

oh no, it used reactionary unironically

it's retarded

Industrial and post-punk are hugely related, tons of crossover between the two

found the alt-rightist

Stealing a meme joke and doing it poorly

You're a regular Carlos Mencia

You are a fat, autistic video game playing NEET permavirgin who watches anime and only opposes left wing politics because of projected insecurity derived from cuck memes.

>about half of these are true

t. STEM neckbeard

fuck you man zizek is cool

You have no idea what you're talking about. Both "punk" and "new wave" were labels given to the genre by the media. "New wave" was a label given to the later, more mainstream-friendly bands.

all of Sup Forums BTFO in a single image

Daily reminder that if you are under 30 and post on Sup Forums you are a hipster.