BvS Against the Ropes

>10 days old in Europe and Australia
>3 days old in the States
>Will pass BvS within a week

DCucks BTFO yet again. How mad do you think Warner is by these numbers?

Suicide Squad will save DC.

>How mad do you think Warner is by these numbers?

Not as mad as your mother who spawned a manchild who cares about these things.

yeah, could be. they did reshoot so there is hope they want to succeed. sometimes i feel like the big movie studios are just giant money laundering operations.

I'm sure this is what Warner execs keep telling themselves.

I wonder if they actually believe it, though?

how mad would you be if you cleared 865 million dollars?

>how mad would you be if you cleared 865 million dollars?

BvS is the most expensive movie of all time though.

I don't see how this is a "DCucks BTFO" unless you are personally receiving compensation from Marvel. If anything this is humanity BTFO with the level of shit this company is able to get away with shoveling into our theaters.

you know, i think you're right.

i'll bet the warner brothers CEO is tearing his hair out and haranguing everybody involved in this money making farce.

Depends.

How many movies with reshoots that performed well or turn out good ?

The movie cost $410 million total with both production budget and marketing. The movie only grossed $860 mil worldwide, and the studio does not get the entirety of the gross back. The movie made a profit, sure, but projections are that it actually made less total profit than Man of Steel did. It's not a flop, but WB was expecting an Avengers-level gross here. $1 Billion gross was the bar for success, and it came up $150 million short.

You also gotta keep in mind that this was supposed to be the big jump start to the DC Extended Universe, and people fucking despised this movie. There are long-term ramifications that may damage their upcoming slate of films starring lesser known heroes.

Disregarding tone (but not entirely), these two movies are actually very very similar.

They both arent great but id give the edge to Civil War for at least being fun. Honeslty I think both of these movies were rushed into production to compete with each other

DAY VS NIGHT

This mad

and twilight earned 3.3 billion.

it doesn't correlate. WB made a profit and they'll move on. nobody is going to shoot themselves in the face over making less money than they expected.

>more money means it's good
nah

>Will pass BvS within a week
>b-but muh Box Office.
Because of this the DCucks now switch into "this movie is shit for a purpose" defense now.

>foreign already caught up

>nobody is going to shoot themselves in the face over making less money than they expected.

>I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!

>nobody is going to shoot themselves in the face over making less money than they expected.

When this movie was the sole foundation of their entire cinematic universe putting their entire slate of over half a dozen upcoming films in jeopardy, you bet your ass the execs are freaking out. If Batman v Superman, the two biggest superheroes in the world, made a movie that underperformed, what does that say about Wonder Woman's success? and they want to make movies about Aquaman and Cyborg.

Seriously, have you been reading anything about this? WB is fighting with Snyder over Justice League and they're propping up Affleck as an executive producer and script and editing overseer. Tsujihara announced Affleck as director of a solo Batman movie before a deal was even made just to get people excited. the Flash's director left because he doesn't want to be associated with this franchise with all the bad rap it's getting.

Do people really care about this shit, or are you all memeing?

Not really, this is definitely just " muh capeshit is better than your capeshit" episode #44

nobody ever care about this though, until DCucks keep shoving their "muh box office" everytime and irritating everyone.

>will pass BvS within week

that's a long ass post that i didnt bother reading.

you see. i didn't come here to argue with you, just to literally point out the obvious and watch the autists swarm. thank you for my nightly entertainment.

It's crazy we live in a world we just accept random people born into money can dictate what we see and hear every waking hour.

I mean hell even monarchs never had that much power.

>fun
I found BvS a lot more fun.

Since when did fun = brain dead action? I really enjoyed piece together lex' plan and how he was manipulating everyone.

the re-shoots only added more action, not comedy.
suicide squad is gonna be depressing af

I want to see how that autistic fuck FutureXmDCcomics Zone will try and spin this.

>its just more action bro!
>if that action just happens to have quips in it :^)

This isn't true in the slightest. Hollywood looks at box office returns based on potential dollars. They expected BvS to make over a billion, and it hasn't, it might eke it out in the end, but just barely. Warner Bros will see the film with it's less than stellar reception as a loss because they didn't hit their intended $ mark.

ASM 2 underperformed but didn't flop and Sony canned the third installment. PatF underperformed but didn't flop and Disney discontinued traditional 2D Animation and started their single word naming scheme for their animated movies. The Incredible Hulk had a lukewarm reception and we haven't seen or heard anything about another hulk movie since.

Movie studios are only concerned with how much something SHOULD make, not how much it actually made unless that number is grossly higher than expected, like Frozen.

Geez, DC on suicide watch

I am Legend comes to mind.

They went back and reshot the ending, they originally had the ending were the monsters are actually sentient but test audiences didn't like it and preferred Will Smith's jihad ending.

Doubt there are many films with late re-shoots that turn out the better, especially when they are desperately changing the original tone on the back of a separate film being poorly received.

Just to clarify I am Legend is evidence of one that turned out shit.