ITT: Albums you think sound very original and anons find albums that sound like it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8JitbvK6hpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you fucking serious, they have very similar albums in their own discographies and so do a billion other people, it's not a hard thing to copy.

name them

bumppp

just imagine screaming over alarm call by bjork

not even the other guy but
>his entire ambient series
>his collabs with harold budd
>any new age or ambient release from the 70s or 80s

I wish that battles was still a good band

>>his entire ambient series
nope
>>his collabs with harold budd
nope
>>any new age or ambient release from the 70s or 80s
ok

check your ears before replying to me

hard mode

youre kidding me right

boom

Also would like to know this. If probably listened to something similar at some point but this is one of the most original albums in listened to

Please someone give me something, I've listened to all sorts of classic industrial (Foetus, Einsturzende Neubauten) but nothing has been able to scratch the same itch.

Street Sects new album came kind of close though

havent listened in a while but from what I remember doesnt it kinda sound like machine gun?

youtu.be/8JitbvK6hpA

sweet trip

just sing Twee Pop songs with some Special Education children

I like this album. I like the weird, angular, not-quite-right guitar playing. I like the twisty loops and the way the organic growth of the songs. I like the way the tracks almost seem to "stumble" across their moments, like how Ones All Over the Place almost begins to cross into mundanity territory before the last minute, and I like how subtle the moments often are. Also, I fucking love the Iceman riff. I know the guitarist is in Battles now but I've listened to them and am not nearly as enamoured by them.

The other LB albums don't quite hit the spot like Wonderful Rainbow does.

Quebec

Le list goes on xdd

Usually I. Williams leaves a group before they can put out trash like La Di Da Di.

Except this time the whole point of Gloss Drop onwards was "lol we're just a fun band we're against hipster elitists, our only fans, we have in mind some ideal crowd of skateboarders/hiphoppers/top40plebs/indiepop/etc and we'll have it, i want money to retire on with this Atlas band"

Braxton may have left but his stuff is trash.

I liked La Di Da Di :(

you're a fucking retard all ambient sounded very similar during this era

Ponytail kinda sounds like Battles.

Interstellar: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, is very similar.

but gloss drop is their best album

Peter Gabriel - Up
Warp records

Esplendor Geometrico

Some of Dan Deacon's stuff has similar vibes.

Braxton was good only when he was in Battles, and vice versa.

They're earlier stuff is so fucking incredible, their first EP is amazing math rock and Mirrored is what I wish they still sounded like.

Genghis Tron - Board up the House (TDS with much more metal and mathy shit)
Cloak of Altering - Manifestation (TDS with more black metal influences)
Black Elk - Always a Six Never a Nine (TDS but little if none electronics and just angry Dillinger Escape Plan vocals and angry guitars)
Brighter Death Now - Necrose Evangilum (TDS but strictly electronic and way way way gloomier and darker and spookier)

The Downward Spiral is a literal 10/10

absolutely agree

try melt banana's fetch if you havent already

I am very glad to have seen them on a fucking rooftop in Houston. Wew lad, good show.
[spoiler]I was an edgy 16 year old then[/spoiler]

Harold Budd - Pavillion Of Dreams
ehh, Moldy Peaches are kinda like them, but Beat Happening obviously came first
Homogenic
original and have not been replicated as of yet

Haven't heard anything like this. idk what it classifies as, freak folk?

also rec me some stuff pls