>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_fqkNglmGA
seattle.craigslist.org/est/msg/5890103961.html
sweetwater.com/store/detail/MG412ACF
youtube.com/watch?v=NfBnCcpNuRo&t=1m20s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone know what makes the Ibanez prestige basses so much more expensive compared to the premiums?
From what I can tell, the differences are quality in woods, electronics, hardware. Though I can't figure out what makes the price jump so much from one to the other.

Micro Dark Terror, or save up for the Dark Terror? I'd go for the Tiny but no effects loop is kinda putting me off. No idea how much I'd even use effects that need the loop when I play distorted though.

Cryogencially freezed frets.

What are Gibson memeing about now? Are they just talking about tempered steel fretwires?

Save for the Dark, if thats the sound you're looking for. Keep an eye on the used market.

there's already a thread dumbass

I'm looking for a max 200€ home practice amp(might use for jamming with some friends). Should i get a Mustang II, Roland Cube 20gx(or 40gx), Boss Katana 50 or Blackstar ID Core 20?

I enjoy my Roland Cube. Would reccomend for home-use

Anyone ever heard of these amps? Are they good?

laney cub 10
if you can get a 12r, that's better

That's the brand of amp Kirk Hammett first used when recording.

katana 50 for sure. Its a step up sound quality-wise from those last generation modeling amps

Avoid tube amps for home practice-theyre sublime when you turn them up a bit, but universally sound bad at bedroom volume. the tiny 5w ones are the worst at this actually

yeah, theyre solid marshall clones

I've been looking to buy a Fender Nashville Deluxe Telecaster for a while now but there's just one important detail I can never get a straight answer on, as I can never find one in person.
Does any one know if this particular model has a glossy finish on the fretboard? This is an important detail for me.
If not, does anyone know of any budget telecasters that do have that high gloss finish on the fretboard?

Post your most important piece of equipment. Pic related

You mean the part everyone unscrews and sticks in a drawer?

If you can find one of these on the used market, buy it. It's superior to the Nashville Tele in every way.

What kind of bass rig is normal nowadays? Do people just carry a large-ish combo around or a 410 cab + head? Will I look retarded if I bring a 410 cabinet to a rehearsal?
I was thinking about getting a combo amp used to bring for lower volume stuff and for rehearsals and then have the 410 halfstack at a dedicated practice space once that works out.

What is it called?

Just plug a DI into the PA.

Valley Arts Custom Pro (Brent Mason model). Gibson mini-hum in the neck, Duncan Strat stack mid, Duncan tele bridge.
Standard Tele switching, but there's an extra 'volume' knob that controls ONLY the middle pickup. This allows you to blend any amount of middle pickup regardless of where the pickup selector is.
Incredible instrument. Of the 7 electrics I own, this on gets the most usage.

This is essentially what Fender based their Nashville Tele on. Brent Mason is an A-list session player, who brought the 3 pickup tele idea to the scene.

>Just plug a DI into the PA.
Pretty sure there isn't a PA in most practice spaces.

Then how do you hear the vocals when you rehearse?

How heavy/awkward are Rickenbackers?

Asking since I used to own a hollow-body Epiphone Dot that felt pretty clunky to play.

They are heavy but I've never felt they were awkward.

Not him, but through a guitar practice amp. You'd think most musicians would be in charge of owning their own amplification, but that doesn't apply to vocalists apparently

That is such a nice looking guitar

Last time I did that, I was 16. How old are you?

Most actual bands have practice spaces with PAs. I practice in three different locations, all with their own PAs.

23, band for 4 years, just got a new vocalist. We used to rent a room per hour that had equipment in it including a PA, but now we rent an empty room by month since it's much cheaper

But to answer your question, I've seen bands use both larger cabs and head or a combo, the more serious bands have the former.

I would advise choosing one or the other (based on what sound you are looking for and how much $ you want to invest) and just accept you have to haul shit. Install wheels into your cab to make it easier.
Fair enough. If you all chipped in like $50 you could get a cheapo PA head and speakers from a pawn shop. It's fine for rehearsal, then you collectively own it.

Thanks! Found one used, as they were pricy when they first came out. Unfortunately they're out of production now, so used is the only way to aquire one; which may cause the price to rise as well.
The finest quality instrument I own.

The Living End's Chris Cheney uses a Modern Classic 100. I guess they're built by Angus Young's tech.

Do you know how the Katana and the Marshall code compares?

Good used poorfag options for a basic practice amp? What about guitars? Used Epiphone Les Paul Special II, Jackson Dinky, and Ibanez of some sort are what I'm looking at mostly. I used to play lefty but I left my Epiphone Les Paul Standard back home1500 miles away five years and am pretty sure it's been sold by now. Figure I'd get back into it right handed this time.

Ahh okay. Just that they look awkward due to a large body but thin fretbroad.

If only my local guitar store wasn't shit and actually stocked quality guitars such as Ricks to trial.

well, full disclosure, the fretboards are a bit big. But I have long fingers, so no problem.

should i get an AC15 even if i'm only playing in my bedroom 100% of the time

Yeah they sound fantastic.

Maybe someday you'll get out of the bedroom, and you'll have a great amp for a band.

My '69 reissue Thinline Tele has a glossy fretboard but its quite a bit away from the Nashville model.

Yeah, the katana is a mostly-analog Solid state amp based on the tech boss put in their waza amps. It has like 5 clean-crunch amp models that sound pretty good and one high gain model that sounds amazing (the brownsound one). Interaction is done through knobs like a regular tube amp

The code is basically a better version of the line6 spider. Has HUNDREDS of mediocre effects/amp models that are navigated through using either the onboard LED screen or an iphone app.

If youre a 12 year old that cant tell the difference in sound quality and just want a machine to fuck around with endlessly, get the CODE. If you want something more like a regular guitar amp, or something loud enough to jam on, get the Katana

Nope, tube amps and bedroom volume go together like milk and coke.

Get BIAS for your laptop, a focusrite I/O interface, and a decent pair of powered monitor speakers

Great tele and a great chair.

you mean Bias Amp for desktop?

yeah, i meant "bias amp for desktop" to put on your laptop

>Get BIAS for your laptop, a focusrite I/O interface, and a decent pair of powered monitor speakers
Oh did user say he wanted to sound like shit?

and an 8 string

Are you honestly implying an ac15 will sound better at bedroom volumes?

it'll be fine.

How the fuck do i do barre chords Im pushing down as hard as I can trying it in every possible position and I still get like 3 dead notes.

What is there to do on downtime when your hands hurt way too much to play?!??!?!?

Anybody here use Revalver from peavey? I just ordered my 6505mh and got it for free. I don't really wanna spend money on an interface and cables if it is shit.

Keep practicing. You'll get it in like a month.
Take ibuprofen then research musicians you want to emulate.

I have an AC15 and live in an apartment. It's although it surely does sound better at 12 o'clock it's perfectly fine at 9 o'clock on the master volume.

pick up a cheap nylon guitar. it won't create the calluses you want like a steel string or electric but it's a relatively painless way to develop your finger muscles.

Pretty stupid question considering I have been playing for 8 years but here goes:

When you do runs across multiple strings is your hand just supposed to rotate around your palms pivot point, or are you supposed to keep the pick perpendicular and go in a diagonal motion.

I have been doing the first way for years but I lose volume as I reach the higher strings and the pick angle goes to like a 45 degree angle.

>tfw your neck is still bowing forward despite the truss rod being fully tightened

Wtf am I supposed to do.

see a luthier

get a new neck

go to a repairer/luthier
could be a simple fix, but you don't want to fuck yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=C_fqkNglmGA
>4:57

Also keep the pick diagonal. A perpendicular pick contributes to sloppiness

do people really even hurt their index fingers like that? even that goodball malmsteen has his three fingers on the pickguard and he lives off speed wankery.

I use an ampeg combo amp when I play smaller shows. It's 150w watts and gets the job done. I bought a preamp pedal to plug into the PA systems at live venues. That way I can shape my tone. I've never actually been to a show where the bassist used a cabinet set up.

>I've never actually been to a show where the bassist used a cabinet set up.
Have fun at your coffee house open mics and high school talent shows

Can't this guy control his muscles properly?

why is this guy so popular on youtube? he seems incredibly annoying

Looks like carl the cuck.

Hello guitar faggots. I am about to upgrade from absolute plebery in terms of amps.

Tell me if this setup is good for a budget of ~600

seattle.craigslist.org/est/msg/5890103961.html

sweetwater.com/store/detail/MG412ACF

Isn't this exactly one of those numales you guys are always going on about?

is my 150$ motherboard that good or are interfaces a meme?

The people that used to like Fred and annoying orange grew up

They're supposed to be amazing for Marshall sounds

They're the only amp that Angus Young uses besides his old Marshalls

This doesn't sound right, Wizard amps are somewhat new, only been around in any number since the mid 90s?

I have a AC15, it sounds fine at low volume

Sounds better cranked up a bit but still sounds really good low

The tube amp is bad for bedroom amp meme comes from people wanting tons of gain to play with, most people interested in AC15s set them really clean or just a bit of dirt in them

Tube amps only suffer at low volume when you power amp overdrive and compression to go a long with the pre amp overdrive, pre amp overdrive on its own is what sounds kind of buzzy or thin, the clang and singing sound is from the power amp ODing

I don't think he's a numale really just a straight up annoying corny faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=NfBnCcpNuRo&t=1m20s

How do you strum like this? I assume he's using his palm but I can't seem to replicate it at all

begins at 1:20.

I just checked the prices cause I never heard of them....GOT DAMN, if i wanted a full stack I could easily spend 9 grand, that's slightly less than I paid for a house at auction.

4500 for a head...that is kinda nuts but he has a name/brand from AC/DC so there you go

You can get a real 70s Marshall JMP head for around $1000

I bought a 1974 "1987" JMP for $650 off CL about 5 years ago. It was the most glorious sounding amp I ever had. It looked like it had been through out of the back of a truck on the interstate. it made my whole house smell like weed when I turned it on.

What are you gents doing this(or next) weekend music related?
I've got a wedding ceremoney to play for this coming Saturday, feeling confident. Perhaps a little nervous given it's the midwest outside in December, and it's my first one.

This coming wednesday I'm going to practice a bit with a guy who can actually sing and come up with melodies(I am not a clever man, just good at performing), so that's hopeful to become something.

Band is recording an album. Pretty excited.

It's not that different from normal strumming. He's using mostly his thumb and just his index fingernail, but you can easily get that sound with normal strumming. The subtleties come from the dynamics and lefthand muting

nothing. I miss gigging even though it was just a pub circuit

checked out the ads for drummers wanted in my area and it's all middle aged men cover bands. don't know where to find other musicians 2bh

too many normie guitarists out there

Why is subtle delay used so much more often on distorted leads rather than subtle reverb? I prefer reverb

reverb is a subtle delay you tard

Local College/Uni may be a good place.

reverb can be a subtle delay you tard

that's mostly due to the extensive history of double tracking as a form of highlighting leads (instrumental or vocal) in popular music. short subtle delay is the bold text of recorded music

Your mom can be a subtle delay

reverb is not a delay
delay is not reverb

reverb is a reflection of infinite sound waves over time
delay is distinct repetition of a sound, usually in a finite number

what kind of music are you thinking of?

I'd say its more often to have reverb on a signal with no delay than a signal with delay and no reverb

>reverb is not a delay
>delay is not reverb
>reverb is a reflection of infinite sound waves over time
>delay is distinct repetition of a sound, usually in a finite number
Incorrect. reverb is a delay with a very sort delay time, which we perceive as reverb instead of echo

no it isn't.

Delay is a repeat of a recorded sound, reverb is a reflection of the initial sound.

There is no recording and repeat with reverb.

he keeps the guitarists with AD/HD happy with his over expressions proves my point

>reverb is a reflection of the initial sound.
Which is a repeat
>There is no recording and repeat with reverb
Nothing is recorded with an echo either.

Because a subtle delay is far better at masking your lack of skill than a subtle reverb.

Bowing, as in curved? Or the neck is straight but at an upward angle relative to the body?

If first, that's tricky. Could be broken or somehow dislodged truss rod. Maybe warped neck. Probably need new neck.

If second, it maybe just need a shim or a little bit of routing at the connection between neck and body. This is much easier to fix and shouldn't cost too much to have done.

Reverb and Delay are different technically.

Reverb is indistinct blended repetitions of sound occuring 30 milliseconds apart after the initial sound is made.

Echo or Delay is distinct repetitions of a sound more than 30 milliseconds after the sound is made

Sick guitar! Is that some sort of Telecaster??

As I said, Reverb and Echo are both types of Delays, which differ depending on delay time.