Hey Sup Forums I really don't have anyone to talk to about this so here it goes...

Hey Sup Forums I really don't have anyone to talk to about this so here it goes. A few days back I took an hiv rna test which came back negative (40 days post exposure) to those of you who may have knowledge on this is this definitive? Honestly I'm still a fucking wreck even with this test coming back negative. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DcdXA3FOf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone? Please. I need you Sup Forums

imma masturbate to this

Why do you think you might have HIV? You probably don't. Tell your story, and I'll tell you what I think.

So you did an HIV test, it came back negative, and you're still a wreck? Well I hate to tell you, but it's all in your head at this point. Maybe you have GAD, or straight up panic attacks. You need to work on your anxiety. Do breathing exercises, take some walks, drink some faggot tea. You'll be fine

Really hard to get HIV unless you're sharing needles or a bottom having unprotected sex with another infected guy.

I met up with a woman and paid for sex. I wore a condom throughout the whole encounter (oral and vaginal). Halfway through vaginal I noticed she was bleeding which killed my boner. I took her off me and noticed the condom was covered in blood I threw it out the window and didn't really inspect it like the miron that I am. Now I've had all the symptoms and basically don't know what to do with myself.

You're probably good. You don't even know if she was infected, and even if she was, there's a low transmission rate for vaginal sex. Like, REALLY low. Unless you had open sores on your dick and she bled all over you (even then, chances are slim), you're good. What symptoms do you have? Because HIV symptoms mimic any number of things, including allergies or a common cold.

TLDR: You're psyching yourself out.

It's the 3 month window shit that's throwing me off. I mean if I tested negative for the virus itself surely I wouldn't have to wait another month to find out right? "No I would still advice you to take an antibody test at the window period to be sure". Like fuck man. I do have stupid levels of anxiety which doesn't help. Idk man, I'm just a fucking failure can't even fuck and enjoy it.

All things being safe and equal, FTM transmission of HIV is about 1/2,500. Yes, open sores on your dick may raise the odds, but not by a whole lot. With a condom, it's like 1% of that, so you're in the clear.

Symptoms of acute HIV infection happen about 2 weeks after exposure, and include high fevers, myalgia, rash, etc...things you'd get from a bad cold or the flu.

Even IF you had HIV: with the new drugs that are out there, the average life expectancy is only 5-10 years shorter than a normal one: if you were going to live to be 80, you'll only live to 75 instead

Sources: I'm a doctor (a general surgeon, so don't trust my words too much).

Before I suspected hiv I had a rash on the back of my neck and I woke up a couple of nights shivering and covered in sweat. After I began to suspect it Night sweats, swollen lymph nodes and a minor flu. I'm almost certain it's just my anxiety at this point it's just not knowing for certain that fucks with me.

I'd think it was pretty funny if my GP visited Sup Forums

It's 1am, and nothing's happening here. My list is updated, scans are all done, no trauma consults/codes at all. So I can't complain.

Clinical pathologist and doctor here

Wait for 2 mo then test for HIV western blot (confirmatory test)
You can also test yourself with elisa but that's just screening

Your organism already beat it calm the fuck

The rna was just a waste of time at 49 days?

>Sources: I'm a doctor (a general surgeon
Nah.

Hey there, gen surg here, how's it going?

>Clinical pathologist and doctor here
Nah.

Lol I remember this thread

40 days I mean

I'm back nigguh. Though I never really left.

NUclear phycicist here check in twenty years for half life

The virus could be occult at that time usually hiding in the CD4 cells

Cheer up faggot. You'll be good. Keep fucking bitches in the mean time

Life'a boring studying anatomical pathology atm :/ no px interaction whatsoever except for autopsy lol

Howbout you?

user let me get this straight, you had sex with a woman who probably doesn't have HIV, you wore a condom throughout the encounter, and you just got a negative result on your screen, but you're freaked out? Maybe sex isn't for you. Like most of Sup Forums.

If woman has aids, condom does not protect you from viral infections

You're stupid. Like legitimately retarded.

Condom has big pores which small virus can enter unlike bacteria and fungi which cannot cause theyre big. Please educate yourself before commenting dumbshit

It's absolutely not definitive because HIV has been known to show up at least 6-8 weeks after 40 days post exposure (this is without sexual contact after the initial exposure).

Honestly it isn't. Fuck this mind fucking bullshit I liked my life before all this. 30 minutes of pleasure for months of anxiety and probable death. Fuck that. Celibacy it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=0DcdXA3FOf8

OP wait for 2 more mo. Get tested with western blot and elisa. If neg you are hivfree.

CP and MD out since this thread is beginning to derail

The virus itself or the antibodies? I know the antibodies take up to 12 weeks (hence the 3 month window) to show up. I thought the virus itself would show up as early as 7-14 days post exposure.

Will do and thanks man.

Just got called. Patient with a chest tube coded, and now there's bleeding from the tube site. Fantastic page, lol

I honestly hate people as stupid as you. No, condoms aren't 100% effective, but they offer a good bit of protection. Would you rather Charlie Sheen bareback you or wear a rubber? Those are your two options. Go.

Condoms are only 80% effective all things considered

With the medicine these days HIV isnt really that much of a problem anymore as long as you stay on your meds.

many HIV+ people will live past 80