I can understand the two swords to fend off like 6 dudes but why didn't they have him drop one when it was time to 1v1...

I can understand the two swords to fend off like 6 dudes but why didn't they have him drop one when it was time to 1v1 ned.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwyvjgs40Oo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>becaus le epics 1v1

Why didn't anyone bring a crossbow?

Isn't that how they killed him in the books?

Why didn't they just bring a catapult and fling boulders at him from afar?

kek seriously. as if sword fighting is the only type combat.

I haven't watched the episode yet, what is this flashback all about?

Who is Dayne?

it was a bad sword fight.

the hound vs bre was better. john snow vs white walker general guy with a ice spear thingy was better. hell ned vs jamie was better and that wasnt much of a fight

I'm honestly surprised they didn't give Dayne katanas

Because GoT has awful fight choreography and actors that have no idea what they're doing.

That was a whole lot of awkward flurrying with two swords, pretty obvious he was uncomfortable moving around with them. Because it's a shit idea to begin with.

Why don't they just use longswords instead?

Holy shit that would have been fucking epic!

There's a Dabid post to made here

Because they're all dumb fucks that think Longswords are unwieldy.

Martin especially

Of all the ways they could have shot this fight, they chose DOUBLE DAGGER SWORDS! And why did they stand so close to each other? They're like 20 centimeters away from you, not wearing a helmet, no swords. Just chop off their heads and go about your business.

>le realism fags

Oh sure, i also watch this series for the great depiction of our majestic well known American Dragons.

every fucking time
And you'll never known how retarded you are for making such a pathetic comparison.
Sad.

he'll never know because you lack the articulacy to express an original thought

>DABID, BAYNE IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE ONE BIG SWORD NOT TWO NORMAL ONES
BUT DABID, HE'S A MASTER SWORDSMAN
FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STING LIKE A BEE DABID
>ARFA BAYNE IS BRUCE LEE?
YES DABID

>i only like the series when it reference fantasy elements i like
>i hate it when it references tropes more popular in vidya and anime
>is ok for a human to use spells
>is not ok if he uses two weapons and feel comfortable using them

I'll make one final effort.
The reason the comparison is so fucking retarded is due to conflating willing suspension of disbelief with internal consistency.

Willing suspension of disbelief is where you accept a deviation of reality because the setting has it as the norm.
For example, ASOIAF has magic, undead beings, dragons, etc. They're part of the world, so we don't need an in depth explanation as to how they would fit in ours.

Internal consistency is different.
Internal consistency is making sure willing suspension of disbelief doesn't shatter due to pulling things out your ass.
For example, if you establish white walkers are only vulnerable to Dragonglass or Valyian steel, you can't randomly shiv them with a normal knife without an explanation.
Similarly, if you don't make it clear gravity works any differently, you can't just jump off a cliff and yell WELL THERE ARE DRAGONS, AREN'T THERE?!? As justification to surviving

Likewise, when people act like colossal retards in fights, you can't just yell DRAGONS LMAO THAT MEANS THEY CAN DO ANYTHING. That goes nowhere to explaining how sword fights are sufficiently different In this world to justify acting like that.

have you ever seen a real sword fight? 2 swords owns 1 sword every time, the moment you hit their sword aside you just stab them with the other sword

This is the best defense ever thank you.

>BAYNE?
>GET 'EM ON BOARD, I'LL CALL IT IN

How did we go from this (pic related) to this utter shit?:

this

anime faggots on suesyde watch

Must have changed choreographer. I saw an interview with the guy in charge of the sword fights in season 1 and he made an effort to have Jaime and Eddard fight with very different styles, Jaime was more eastern and fluid while Eddard was more heavy handed and blunt. The dude sounded like he was pretty well versed in different styles of sword fighting.

They must have gotten rid of that guy and picked some dude who didn't know or care about swords and only went with what looked cool in his mind.

Dayne is a kingsguard from Taegeryn time. Also said to be the best swordsman in 100 years history. He was protecting the tower (with two other kingsguard) where Ned Stark sister was held captive. They fight Ned stark and his men who came to rescue his sister.

>We have anime tier dual sword spinning fights now
>Fucking sneks taking down giant muscle guy with single dagger to the back
>Used to have actual decent fights

The show will never have as good a fight as Beric vs The Hound again. Fuck this show.

youtube.com/watch?v=uwyvjgs40Oo

I just want to let you know that you got rekt son

>sword spinning
>Beric spins his sword almost non stop throughout the fight

PLOT ARMOR

PLOT ARMOR

DABID what...what if he dual wields DABID

Well it is a good trick

He didn't fight so good.

>B-but he has swords, not daggers!

That's how you can tell he's so good, Dabid! Not everyone can dual wield swords like they were daggers, Dabid!

It is a shit trick, makes your muskles weaker, gets you into a rythm, which is always bad, and opens you up for counter-actions.
Just like the spinning in all the games, it is retarded and not cool.

He was actually pretty fucking beastly. He beat 4 dudes at once.

Yo bro its just entertainment why so serious XD it looks so kool though! haha who wants a bud light? epic!
JUST PRESS THE "OFF" BUTTON FOR UR BRAIN XD