Are there anons with fish tanks?

are there anons with fish tanks?

let me see yours and let's rate them

I have 3.

1/3
30 gallons/112 liter
fish:
>2x Epalzeorhynchos bicolor (red tailed shark)
>3x Crossocheilus oblongus (siamese algae eater)
>7x Paracheirodon innesi (neon tetra)
>6x Hyphessobrycon bentosi (ornate tetra)
>2x betta splendens - 1 plakat male and a female
>6 or 7x Rasbora heteromorpha (Harlequin rasbora)

2/3
8 gallons/30 liter
fish:
>1x betta splendens

a picture of the tank on day 1

an 3/3
5.3 gallons/20 liter
fish:
>12x Boraras Brigittae with different patterns
>15x red fire shrimp

I have a 75g reef tank.

No overview pictures and the lights are off right now, so I'll post a couple pictures of corals/inverts that I have.

Photos look kinda potato quality because of blue as shit lighting and very high zoom to see some of the small things.

yeah I noticed that with the blue LED-lights. almost impossible to take a good picture with your average iphone camera.

but
nice. aren't reef tanks a fucker to take care of? how do you keep the salt levels the same when changing water?

You can measure the salt level with a refractometer. Top off from evaporation with fresh water. Reef tanks range greatly in care requirements depending on the coral you keep, though mostly it's just more about consistency than anything else.

how long have you had this tank?

Forgot to add that all the blue light is to make the colors pop better. If I had white light like over yours most coral ends up looking brown.

3 or 4 years now

i piss in peoples tanks

is it corals only or do you have fish in it too?

I thought about getting yet another tank and paying takashi amano some respect and make a tank in his style. I already tried with the betta splendens tank, but you can only do so much with a tank this small

Most likely wouldn't hurt it too much seeing as all the filtration I have would pull that shit right out.

I have fish, shrimps, crabs, anemones, star fish, and various other little bugs and hitchhikers that found their way in through buying and trading with other people.

Fish list:

Yellow Tang
African Cleaner Wrasse
Canary Blenny
Molly Miller Blenny
Blue-Green Chromis

I don't know the scientific names just the common hobby names.

>Molly Miller Blenny
jesus christ that fish looks like a complete idiot ha

looks like the comic relief in a pixar movie

Yeah, it wasn't added for it's looks. It's useful in eating things I don't want popping up in my tank such as pest anemones.

seems like as if there aren't many aquarists on Sup Forums. I thought it's the perfect hobby for basement dwellers though.
but then again, these autists here don't have the attention span and patience for a fish tank

I didn't get real big into it until I made the switch to saltwater. Had 3 freshwater tanks at one point just because I would get bored with them. Once I realized that I could do a much more varied system with salt I was much more interested.

how is it different?

other than that it costs more

OP you lied - those arent all neons in your first pic - some are cardinal tetra

Just much more varied with what you can put in a system than in freshwater. Shrimps, snails, crabs, sea stars, coral, anemones, nudibranchs, sea cucumbers. All of which have many different species that you can get.

There's something satisfying having a setup that you don't have to add anything to besides water and light because of the fact you have a complete food chain starting from macro algae which is eaten by copepods and isopods that are then eaten by fish which then produce nitrates through the nitrogen cycle and feed the coral.

Then on top of that you have a clean up crew of various inverts that eat various things that build up in your tank.

Look up a website called liveaquaria and look at all the shit you can get that aren't fish.

hmm. will do

If you do ever decide to get into the saltwater world I wouldn't recommend you order too much livestock over the internet since a lot of marine life doesn't ship too well. Try to find somewhere local that you can see how everything looks and acts before you take it home.