Explain the ending of The Shining to me

Explain the ending of The Shining to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lwhslg-Cxw
youtube.com/watch?v=st21dIMaGMs
twitter.com/vivaconnor/status/729673504430370817
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Oh my god I was wrong, this was Earth all along, you've finally made a monkey out of me".

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lwhslg-Cxw

Baphomet

No, stop spreading that.

Minotaurs.

He was the caretaker all along.

Did you watch it on tv yesterday evening too?

I think it means he's part of the hotel now. Like he's one of the ghosts now, if you want to think of it that way.

NIGGER

He was absorbed into the hotel for his attempted murder of Wendy and Danny.

Forget the reincarnation theory.

He was a photograph all along.

They never went to the Overlook Hotel, it was all faked to win the Cold War.

"After all this time, I've finally become The Shining."
The character fucking tells you at the end, man.

>babby's first lol 2deep4u theory

The hotel wanted him as the manager and so he had to kill then die to prove he was worthy.

This is a bit muddled because in the book the hotel wants Danny because of his Shining power. Jack is nothing special.

There are two schools of thoughts about this questien:

a) absorption theory
b) reincarnation theory

The bathroom scene leans on the "b", but it's not for certain.

GOAT kino, btw.

BOHEMIAN GROVE
ITS HAPPENING PEOPLE WAKE UP

They all had the shining.

its his father

kubric was going to do a prequel but then he died

>kino

Stop.

Not that guy but its pretty obvious symbology as above so below.

It's like poetry.

He was there all along.

youtube.com/watch?v=st21dIMaGMs

Grady does says that Jack has "always been the caretaker."

>The Shining

never seen it, Sup Forums told me its shit??

real talk, that shot when he goes upstairs and it just zooms in on that guy wearing the bear suit giving the random a blowjob horrified me when I first watched it, that zoom up STOP

>there are people that don't recognise this scene as one of the greatest plot twists in the history of cinema

The Hotel was fucking with him, what else is new.

Hey uh, Homer, the ghouls n' I are startin' to worry that uh, you're not gunna finish the job...

Explain this to me.

kubrick doesnt even explain it bruh bruh

he got sent back in time, it's explained better in the books

Dude has a furry fetish.

>Stop.

Stop.

It doesn't exist in the books you twat.

Visual manifestation of Danny's sexual abuse at the hands of Jack.

It's nothing. The same with literally all Kubrick films, he is incapable of writing endings in a satisfactory manner, they are either the most predictable cheesy endings or make no sense at all to disguise his incapability to write an ending that fits the rest of the film.

twitter.com/vivaconnor/status/729673504430370817

This.

All other stuffs are just reddit theories

The hotel is some kind of predatory entity that lures in victims to possess them or drive them crazy or whatever, then assimilate them.

he's part of the hotel, part of the decor
same reason he ends up a frozen ornament

Those weren't even actors. Kubrick found that going on in an abandoned corner of the hotel they rented and he just left it in.

He was a photograph all along.

I love you

This. The hotel got him.

Literally the scariest scene in the movie.

More like
>one of the greatest product placemants in the history of cinema

I personally favor the "absorption theory", as other anons have called it, just because I like it.

The hotel was working to frighten, confuse, and ultimately destroy Jack. The talk that suggests reincarnation is (for me) just that, talk. Jack is a fresh, and very ripe victim.

I like the idea that this newly-altered ghostly photograph, hung front-and center for another century at the Overlook, maybe being taken down once every several years for cleaning. Someone actually looks at it once in a while, but not often. And the entire staff knows the stories of Grady and Torrance. There are even photos that circulate - but don't discuss it in polite company, this is a business after all. But the individuals who actually deal with this picture, never connect the dots, until someday...

According to IMDB, the man in the "dog"(bear) suit is portrayed by one "Ted Cruz". I first noticed this about a month ago and thought perhaps someone is having a giggle, but a month later the name is unchanged on the page. "Ted Cruz" is not such an uncommon or improbable name. I have put a little effort into checking this, and I've been unable to confirm or deny the identity of the (dog-bear) Masketta man by other web pages.

Someone who is reading this will not be aware of it, so I'll just clarify: Ted Cruz is the name of a prominent American politician who just dropped out of the American presidential race.

He was absorbed into the hotel. Chances are the hotel has been there for a very long time, and the rest of the people are possibly just more of the absorbed.

>indian burial grounds eat souls

Paths of Glory and ACO had great endings, faggot

>le contrarian opinion
>am i patrician yet guys?

trying way to hard to fit in

Same with The Killing, it's a real punch in the stomach.

how did the reincarnation theory go? it had something to do with that guy he met at the bathroom, right?

There was just a guy that looked similar to him in the past that also visited the hotel. It was just a neat little coincidence added in to the end for the audience to have a little grin about

>Stop.

Hammer Time.

It's like Silent Hill. He was drawn to the place and then pulled into the Hell dimension and absorbed.

TAKE YOUR PAWS OF ME YOU... DIRTY APE!

Explain the ending of The Shining to my stepson.

>Paths of Glory
>2001
>The Killing
>You're a faggot: The Movie

Explain this.

>This phrase comes from the beginning of The Emerald Tablet and embraces the entire system of traditional and modern magic which was inscribed upon the tablet in cryptic wording by Hermes Trismegistus. The significance of this phrase is that it is believed to hold the key to all mysteries. All systems of magic are claimed to function by this formula. "'That which is above is the same as that which is below'...Macrocosmos is the same as microcosmos. The universe is the same as God, God is the same as man, man is the same as the cell, the cell is the same as the atom, the atom is the same as...and so on, ad infinitum."

morons, all of you, degenerates.

ayy