youtube.com/watch?v=ojAXUqL--mY
mtv.com/news/400278/sunday-morning-smashing-pumpkins-high-profile-charity-tour/
youtube.com/watch?v=khfFL0JgYqU
youtu.be/MHWX3pCSEpU
youtu.be/E8nD0W1Hrck
youtu.be/L_5Uf63nVSM
youtube.com/watch?v=IJwol3Yh1pc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I smashed a pumpkin once, was pretty fun. I guess I enjoy smashing pumpkins.

i'm smiling politely at this post

After Halloween me and my friends go out in a field and smash a ton of pumpkins with a hammer. It's pretty fun, thanks for asking.

I think this post is my shoes talking

did that bitch go yoko ono on them?

was it beta oneitis that ruined this epic band?

my favourite iha moment is the solo in Zero

Mellon Collie > Siamese Dream > Pisces Iscariot > Adore > Gish > Machina 1 > Machina 2 > Mary Star of the Sea > Oceania > Teargarden > whatever that last shit album was called

Cucking Cumkings.

wasn't she a drug head though? drug heads tend to ruin bands, regardless of gender.

the guy on the left was a big fan of drugs from what i remember

but i remember that james and billyy had a falling out over some roastie

god betas and their roastiies

She turned into a crack whore and they fired her.

>roastie
the fuck is a roastie

youtube.com/watch?v=LHA-DB4Pjz8

Smashing Pumpkins is the Doors of their time.

If you were there it's an OMG YOU HAD TO BE THERE LIFE CHANGING BAND but no one else will ever give a shit outside of the four songs that get rock radio play.

You mean the fifteen songs that got radio rock play

t. my friends son

shutup faggot

>Mellon Collie over SD

nigger what are you doing

youtube.com/watch?v=MksMk8dRqMQ

Smashing Pumpkins were the best mainstream band of the 90's. They are a cut above bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, and other giant acts that peaked in that decade

>current year
>doesn't know what a roastie is

yes

Its literally twice as good because there's twice as much material

Why the fuck should everyone know all the stupid internet slang?

what the fuck
did she have lip injections?

I like SP and all, but Pavement were better than Smashing Pumpkins and even Billy knows that and still hates Stephen Malkmus

I think this is definitely Billy's best work

youtube.com/watch?v=ojAXUqL--mY

Must have. Her lips suddenly got twice the size on the Arising tour in '99

I love Pavement, I think Billy is a tad autistic and can't handle the bantz.

We all know Billy resents the 'indie rock' scene that has shat all over pumpkins since they made it big. You have people like Kim Gordon shit talking the Pumpkins for not being punk rock... which is weird because they've never purported to be, in fact putting out shit like MCIS is pretty anti punk rock and in a way, considering the musical climate of rock radio at the time... was reverse double punk rock

>hey lets compare appels and oranjes

> Billy knows that and still hates Stephen Malkmus
I'm pretty sure Billy is enjoying his wealthy life and doesn't give a good fuck about those TRV-Indie faggots. "Cherub Rock" is literally Billy telling the alternative scene to fuck off.

lol this

its like that doco on the dandy warhols were the broke indie faggots were still trying to claim indie cred because the warhols made money and they made a few hundred fans happy with their pretentiousness

>hurr making money is evil
>you literally cant use money for charitable causes to help others thats absurd

indiefags are the worst

>you literally cant use money for charitable causes to help others thats absurd
Is that what Corgan did?

I seem to remember he just financed really bad albums and the WWE and a fucking tea store.

iirc all proceeds from Adore tour went to charity

I feel a bit bad for Billy because he is really great at making music but everyone just HAS to categorize it as "this" or "that". Billy's probably gone into tea and pro wrestling because there aren't as many arguments as to what "genre" that leg press was or "what flavor of tea is objective best"

yeah dipshit

mtv.com/news/400278/sunday-morning-smashing-pumpkins-high-profile-charity-tour/

i bet youre glad youre on the internet so you dont have to sit there and look like a fucking retard right now

You mean, just that one singular 3-month tour in 1998?

WOW HE REALLY IS A HUMANITARIAN!

now theres scales of charity

thank god poor fags like you are here to tell people that when theyre charitable they arent charitable enough

you should also make him publicly disclose all the donations hes ever made

SELL OUT REEEEEEEEE MONEY IS ONLY A FORCE OF EVIL REEEEEEEEEEE

t. poorfag

>thank god poor fags like you
I play a rickenbacker

How about you?

i have millions and dont cry when musicians make money or start autistic arguments about "x band is better than y band because z" where z is some autistic point like "theyre sell outs"

>where z is some autistic point like "theyre sell outs"
What if they actually changed their sound purely for monetary purposes?

no i like smashing potatoes
and vegetables

i play a Gibson Les Paul Custom with gold Brian May signature strings through a full Marshall Stack and that's just my warm up rig you poor black person

what if i give a shit? are you their dad? mind your own business

what do you care what someone else does with their life

>what do you care what someone else does with their life
Isn't that what you are doing?
>REEEEEE FUCKING POORFAGS CRITICIZING MY FAVORITE BAND REEEEE
who cares?

Could never really enjoy them because of Corgan's voice.
I swear to god if they had a different singer then 'Tonight, Tonight' might be one of my favorite songs of all time.

Literally everyone here does
Yeah. What happened was D'arcy and James felt like they were more important than they were and got butthurt when Billy became the center of attention. Billy was intrusive and Jimmy was a hardcore stoner even before they had become a band. D'arcy is totally fucked in the brain nowadays from doing drugs for so long.

were here celebrating a band and you come in and spill your autistic chocolate milk and tendies all over the place

youre right i should just ignore you

>youre right i should just ignore you
Feel free to stop posting then

i am a total BiCorg fanboy but i can respect this. I've met so many people IRL who feel the same way, and even I admit he is a pretty bad singer. I really get off on his studio produced vocals on everything up to Machina, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea

just the fact SP was able to reach such heights with him singing is a testament to how good their music was though.

Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell, Thom Yorke, Kurt Cobain... i could go on and on, basically every rock band of the 90's had a great singer and then you get BiCorg

youtube.com/watch?v=khfFL0JgYqU

still like it even though it's bad sue me

>Eddie Vedder
>Kurt Cobain
>great singers
right

I like his voice. You just said Kurt Cobain was a good singer though? Lol.. also don't forget RHCP was huge despite Anthony Kiedis not being a good singer.

What makes a singer good?

Well yeah I can get the more 'raw' style of vocalsappealing to some (I hear that's a big thing with punk too) , and he is a great guitar player, to give props.

Has his voice always been like this? Why do you think the band decided to let him be the lead singer?

have you ever listened to Nirvana or watched a video of Nirvana playing even? Are you judging his voice from the time you saw a 15 second clip of Smells Like Teen Spirit on VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's?

youtu.be/MHWX3pCSEpU

cause its not choir practice its a band and it sounds good

Well aside from the whole 'hitting notes right' thing, how much you like the sound of someone's voice probably comes down to personal taste.

>Why do you think the lead singer decided to let the rest of the band be graced by his presence?
ftfy

If you think that's good singing, I've got bad news for you.

>why do you think the band decided to let him be the lead singer?

you must not be very familiar with the Smashing Pumpkins, Billy decided everything and about 99 percent of the people he's ever worked with hate him because he's a raging egomaniac and control freak

So they're all good singers.

well that's not very helpful is it?

>Billy decided everything and about 99 percent of the people he's ever worked with hate him because he's a raging egomaniac and control freak
That sounds about right.

it's a matter of opinion

maybe it's not 'great' singing, but if you think Kurt Cobain isn't a good singer you're definitely in the minority among music fans. It's kinda like thinking John Lennon is a bad singer, sure he's not Freddie Mercury but he's good and most people agree

You are exaggerating a bit.

It's more like 95%

Presence/powerful voice, being on pitch.. Kurt Cobain sounds like the singer of Puddle of Mudd lol
Yeah not particularly great

>he doesnt like being in control

wanna be my sub? you have to wear a leash

>Presence/powerful voice, being on pitch
Then Kurt is a great singer by these standards

Make up your mind.

Not him but Billy got upset when James made a solo album and didn't let Billy completely edit everything in it

Why are you telling me things I already know

the best smashing pumpkins songs are the ones James sings on -- Take Me Down was the first song to make me cry

James' first solo album is an all time favorite of mine

He's not either of those things. I bet you're one of those people who walk around wearing Nirvana shirts.
I think that quantitates 99%

No.

youtu.be/E8nD0W1Hrck

>I think that quantitates 99%
I think you missed the joke you dummy
>He's not either of those things.
How is "presence" and "power" measured?

Jame's last solo album (and second) was very Sup Forums ish, very hip shit and had some of that pumpkins magic. i have tried shilling it on Sup Forums with no luck.

youtu.be/L_5Uf63nVSM

Great song. I see no reason to be upset that he was a dick to Collective Soul it did result in that song so.
Nevermind I'm not going to argue anymore

>How is "presence" and "power" measured?

by how many millions of peoples' lives were hugely impacted and moved by it times how many people who weren't even alive at the time argue about it

>it's a matter of opinion
definitely
>maybe it's not 'great' singing, but if you think Kurt Cobain isn't a good singer you're definitely in the minority among music fans
Bad singing was a shtick of every "punkrawk" band. He's good by punk/indie/alternativewhatever standards but he's not a great singer.
>It's kinda like thinking John Lennon is a bad singer, sure he's not Freddie Mercury but he's good and most people agree
John was a much better singer than Cobain. And comparing Lennon's baritone to Mercury's tenor is just silly.

Good list

Thanks for your support. Have some D'arcy boobs in return

yeah i still have to explore that album, i've listened to it 2 or 3 times since it came out. i could see mu picking it up though

Oceania was great, definitely better than Machina albums.

Nah. Lacking amazing drumming and the songwriting was less great.

Machina 1 is so much better than Oceania.

Unpopular opinion here: I liked the Teargarden shit better than Oceania, Oceania sounds like pandering for positive Newsweek Office Worker Generation X old guy reviews

MTAE is even better than Oceania imo

so, are they gonna play with the original lineup or what?

Probably not.

youtube.com/watch?v=IJwol3Yh1pc This is close enough. Hearing that James and Billy have made up is still probably one of the biggest surprises of this year.

In 2009 D'arcy said her health isn't good enough to ever get back into music

This and James is perfectly content being a Japanese fashion designer and living off the royalties from Mayonaise.

Jimmy will eventually get tired of Corgan's insanity and leave again.

>tfw just dream about getting a million and buying a farm and becoming self sufficient

i guess people get bored though, i can see why they return even when theyre taken care of

sadly i am not taken care of

Write a song like Soma and then come talk to me.

I can write music I just cant do any other part of it except sing poorly

Well, form a band and get a singer.

cant i just write and let someone else be the band and i collect hte cash

I'm not 13 so no lol

trash

Epic song writing, drummer, and typical 90s alt rock meme-magic.

I always wanted to say they are one of the great rock bands that did it but something was seriously missing that kept them just shy of great.

>Adore>Gish
Dumb nigga shit, you a dumb nigga

If Drown was on Gish I'd agree with you

this was stupid, but i still laughed

>songwriting, what's that?

"Muh lyrics"