Why do people pretend that he's talented?

Why do people pretend that he's talented?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-YKBF0m9mTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dubs and he was

because some people have heard See Emily Play

youtu.be/-YKBF0m9mTk

i like Piper but I don't think Syd really gave a shit

Why do you pretend you're not autistic?

dubs and he wasn't

Dubs and maybe he was or maybe he wasn't.

Dubs and you're a faggot.

single digits and he faked being crazy because he didn't want to perform live and instead fed Roger Waters songs that glorified him and perpetuated the "crazy genius" legend

Dubs and I don't give a shit.

I don't, I really don't care if he was technically proficient at all. I enjoy his work and I think that's enough.

Sometimes people get tricked into liking things by context. There was a plethora of mundane psych pop albums released in between Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour. Had any of those bands switched leaders and then gone on to do more significant work in the following decade that first record would be haled as some kind of masterpiece.

God knows but he was better than Roger

But piper is was actually pretty good and was being made at the same time as sgt pepper rather than after

This, waters is a fucking faggot and Gilmour is the biggest wank in prog

Whether or not he was "talented" is irrelevant. He wrote one of the greatest albums of all time, and it doesn't matter whether it was because of the drugs, help from the other members of the band, or just pure chance/luck.

Syd stopped writing music in 1968, so we'll never know whether or not he would have been a good "musician", but that doesn't detract from the greatness that is Piper.

He has two great solo albums tho

All of the songs on Madcap and Barrett were written prior to Piper, and Syd himself had no interest in releasing those albums. He only did them because Roger and David pressured him into it. (They felt bad about ditching him and wanted to help him stay in music.)

dubs and syd and brian jones were the most overrated shit of the 60s

As someone who has listened to dozens of psych pop albums both popular and obscure, I have to say you're full of shit.

people don't like him. they like the backstory.

Yeah he did those two solo albums which were pretty shit from what I remember. So yeah.

dubs and somebody informs me of who this man is

you lose

Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Jugband Blues are masterpieces.

> Syd stopped writing music in 1968

How fucking dense are you?

yea no

piper is a fucking marvel. if floyd had never recorded another album, we'd still remember piper the same way we remember forever changes.

IVE GOT A

Syd was actually a really good guitar player even if you don't like his lyrics or singing. The guitar on Dominoes is genius.