RYM page with little to no 5 stars

>RYM page with little to no 5 stars
>5 stars album are either Loveless and Spiderland

Why must people have such garbage taste?

those two albums are goat though.

ehhhh...

>Thanks spiderland & loveless are bad taste.
Have you ever considered the possibility that you just have bad taste, or that you don't accept other forms of good taste.

Lmao. You gay nigga.

Loveless is close to a 5 star album

How dare people like popular albums

Who fucking cares

The Beatles - Abbey Road
The Beatles - Revolver
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
The Beatles - Sgt Peppers
The Beatles - The White Album

Why do people do this?

U do

because Spiderland is one of the only records that I feel I can justify giving full marks

yea i cant believe they didn't also give a 5/5 to Magical Master Tour.

fking plebs

No u

Kys.
Enjoy your music thoery less guitar noodles.

never try posting this sort of thing again, you are not good at it

No

Do you actually listen to music and be like
"Damn this is some sick theory"?

I just enjoy the sounds I'm listening to.

I play two instruments and have for 8 years.

Loveless is a'ight. Not five stars good but still pretty solid.

Spiderland is hot garbage, though. I will never understand the appeal.

found the lil embryo

Embryo's great. Anyone has that in their five stars they are sharp and on it.

Because there is a large population of people who think that if people rate an album highly, they must also rate it highly themselves, because the album must be somewhat objectively good if it's liked by that many people. It spawns from the idea that album ratings should be objective analysis of the music, rather than how much you enjoyed the album. It's why there are so many people who seem to have the same taste on rym and Sup Forums. The idea that music is objective causes massive herd mind, and it's awful and makes board much more boring to post on.

or maybe the music is actually good and that's why a lot of people actually like it

I think what he's saying is that if 90 percent of the people give it a 3.5 all some people read is "most people like it" and so they respond with an inflated score to match their expectation.

Social desirability bias is an actual thing, user, stop pretending it isn't. If you genuinely enjoy an album then great. Whatever motivated or influenced that enjoyment is immaterial. But don't deny that there is influence.

Tell me the appeal on these albums, please. I strongly dislike them. Loveless is an endless stream of guitars with effects that gets boring after the first song. And spiderland is just boring.

I honestly want to know why do you like them. Maybe there's a particular mindset to be in while listening to them or some details that deserve more attention than the general picture, I don't know, Sup Forums.

Loveless is about textures.
Spiderland is about mood, lyrics and the amazing production. You need to be a loner to get it, too.

you not black, shithead