Jupiter thread. Will we find anything cool on Jupiter with the Juno probe?

Jupiter thread. Will we find anything cool on Jupiter with the Juno probe?

Open to genuine theories and even your most batshit crazy conspiracy theories.

The main purpose of the Juno mission is to study gas giant formation and weather on Jupiter, as well as the inner structure of Jupiter.

There is no reason to turn everything into a conspiracy.

Im in holon a second just bumping

I've heard theories that the big red dot is actually a giant bowl of tomato soup. I'd explain, but it would undoubtedly go over everyone's heads on this site.

Why? This sounds like a giant waste of money.

>Why?
To learn more. If you don't understand that then you've literally missed the entire fucking point of science.

And you never know where the next major discoveries will come from.

Dem conspiracy theories are still fun m8

Jupiter consists of a fucking gigantic toxic storm with a molten metallic core at its center, moving like a sea of fucking molten metal. It's tight as shit.

Sometimes I like to imagine that our purpose is to advance both mentally (moral, intellect, etc) and materialy (better technology) to explore the cosmos and figure out the cosmos until we reach godhood.

Like imagine a gigantic temple with pillars huge as continents and impossible to move, ever washed by mad winds of burning chemicals, with dem sweet clues about god n shits in it.
Dude universe lmao

I still think the spot is hiding either a consumed planet/moon

Then you're stupid.

But on the other hand science itself won't save mankind. We've got to ascend, not through intellect (but for real it's fine if we do) but through a deeper and better unferstanding of ourselves so that war between human beings stop.

We won't into space if we keep divide ourselves over mundane shits

We can do both at the same time. This isn't a dichotomy.

What do they expect to learn there that would help us or shed any light on anything interesting to humanity dipshit?

Or do you think it's worth billions of dollars just to confirm shit we are already capable of knowing from here?

What if the government just ordered that every church hand over their assets, squash all religions, and invest all of it into the space exploration programs?

Some people believe the earth is the only planet. Maybe they just want to prove that they're wrong.

Just look around you user. We used o throw rocks at eachothers. Now we throw guided missiles built for the sole purpose of causing maximum havoc.

We indeed have evolved in the intellectual realm but not a bit in the moral one.

Even worse, we're so used to fool around with all kind of idea and concepts that to most people, being nice and not actively looking to harm the others is like, a fucking opinion. It should be a solution.

It's organizations like ISIS that make this impossible

Governments are worse than religions. They're their greatest allies in fact.

Man you'd need a big ole grilled cheese to go with that bowl of soup

We don't know what we're going to learn or what applications it may have, that's why we investigate.

>Or do you think it's worth billions of dollars just to confirm shit we are already capable of knowing from here?
We aren't capable of knowing it from here, that's why we sent Juno.

Back to the subject

I heard that there is electric lightning on Jupiter too. What if it's just another earth like planet and all the science people are just dumb.

Are they going to be doing a closer observation of Jupiter's moons? That I'd understand spending money on since there might be life there, or since they think there's potential some could be a future home for humanity.

Then it'd just be the scientific consensus being dumbed down cause da joos dont want you to know the truth

But for real the thing is so massive it's impossible for life to exist there

Oh man. That's making me hungry.

So it is technically possible then to land on Jupiter?

See the cancer as it tries to spread itself to other cells

For fucks sake itld be easier to achieve a global human awareness that'd lead to less destrucrive behaviors than to send out a tiny elite of rich fucks to do the same crap anew somewhere else

I'm actually eating a grilled cheese right now. It's pretty good. I sliced it diagonally and used 3 types of cheese.

If you don't mind extreme crushing pressures or temperatures then sure

What this infograph doesn't show is that the planet is constantly swept by mad winds that would erase everything in their wake. Fortunately there aint much there to erase but the winds themselves.

So no

You're last paragraph is incoherent. We can do both at the same time, it just requires getting our shit together. Saying we should stop all technological and scientific progress isn't going to further a solution to what you see as a moral problem.

The main mission is to study Jupiter but it will probably put a bit of time into observing the main 4 satellites of Jupiter.

Since you are interested in manned space travel you will be happy to know that Juno will study Jupiters magnetic field and Van Allen belts. Knowing their properties will be critical to manned missions in the future.

No, any craft would be crushed and vaporized.

Jupiter is a gas giant. It's like a mini star. There's no solid or liquid ground for anything to live on, and any type of life that we are aware of would be crushed if it somehow got on Jupiter's surface.

Blaming every random thing on the Jews is like a declaration that you're not very intelligent.

More of a crash landing like they plan on doing with The Cassini spacecraft.

But I don't know the actual objective.

yeah, flux tube between Io and Jupiter

For one we will get cool pictures

Sorry I didn't made myself any clearer.
I'm not saying we should drop science to get backn to being nice. I'm saying we should give as much energy to science than we'd do to be nice toward eachothers. Wish I could formulate it better but I'm tired af and lack the words right now.

Read Prometheus rising of robert anton wilson. There's a free pdf online. Surely it'd help you out understanding how we work better.

Do you even Roche limit m8?

>jumping on only one word and taking harsh conclusion from it
It's like you're doing it on purpose user. I was being sarcastic. People often like to describe the big instances that make sure the masses are dumbed down as the jews. It's a meme

Poor choice of words. What I mean to say, is that Jupiter does actually have a solid surface that it is theoretically possible to land on, albeit logisitcally very difficult.

>I'm saying we should give as much energy to science than we'd do to be nice toward eachothers
I see what you mean but this isn't an argument to reduce space exploration or scientific projects; as you just said.

Jupiter's a gas giant, so its questionable whether there's even a solid surface to land a probe on.

>We won't into space

There could be living beings that are made of plasma. The djin lived on earth when it was a ball of fire, they were made of plasma.

I agree.

It probably has a rocky nucleus that gas collected around during its formation. But yes, we'll need more data to know.

It's not like a miniature star at all, it's over 80 times too small in terms of mass to be at the stellar fusion limit.

I read an article a long time ago on how Jupiter almost became a star during the early stages of development. I think it said there wasn't enough pressure to cause the hydrogen to start fusion.

How do you think most shit you use was invented? Nobody knew infrared light would be used to command a TV but your lazy ass sure uses that shit every day. Just to name one thing

Juno is supposed to dive into Jupiter at the end of its mission, maybe we could get some better info from that

>suicide crash landing in the name of science
Fuck now that's cool

What'd be even cooler would be a live video of that

who cares if it doesnt itself save mankind? Does that mean it shouldnt happen or couldnt be responsible for a big part of that ascention?

Possibly, but it will disintegrate before it hits any liquid layers.

Hail.

The earth is flat.

Cassini did that on/in Saturn. Better not leave that shit floating in space

Kek. That moment when I live near a place called Juno, and its blocks away from another town named jupiter.

The union/balance of logic and spirituality will save us

>the earth is flat
>but all the others planet are spherical
>only earth tho
>cause fuck you

We did it with a mission to look for ice in the moonspolar regions too. I can't recall the mission name.

What did the djins do on such a horrible planet?

>Cassini
The real reason why they did that was to mostly probe under the surface of Saturn. The second was was you stated so Cassini wouldn't crash into and contaminate any of Saturn's moons.

Please help make this a reality user

There are more and more people realizing that
We're not enough to make this a reality but we hope we will be one day
So spread the word if you can

What if we ignite all the hydrogen? Shoot it with huge oxygen missiles!

Fkin brutal m8

Are stars flat, is anything spherical? Assuming you arent b8ing, I'd like a genuine answer on why you assume the earth is flat

Fought with the gods

Right, but A) I doubt there is anything too crazy to be found on that nucleus and B) as we agreed, we don't yet know if there even is a land-able surface. Further, the nucleus may for one reason or another be impossible to land upon even if it's there.

Which moon is most likely to have any sort of life?

I agree with what you said about the nucleus. The main thing I'd be interested in is how hydrogen behaves at an atomic/molecular level down that far.

But there is already a lot of QM and statistical physics to model that. I just think it would be neat to observe it, but it's kit feasible.

>barren planet made of molten lava
>fights
Sounds like star wars.
Do you mean when Anakin fought Obi-wan?

not*

You have much to learn. The planets are in constant battle

lol what do you think happens to that money? do you think they launch it into space with the probe?

learn some basic economics pleb

cassini is still operational until sometime next year. august i think it was

For some weird reason, jews don't like it.

That's more in 'Murrica, Africa and the Middle East/India, the majority of Europeans and places like Aus/NZ are atheist, even if that's not what they put on a census form, when asked "Do you believe in God?" They'll answer no. China isn't a big fan of religion either, goes against their ideals. I mean, I get that their government/ideology essentially IS their religion, but they don't agree with it in the sense that we see religion. Even the weebs don't really believe in most of the buddhist shit, it's more tradition for them than anything else

For Jupiter: Europa

For Saturn: Enceladus

When you took him seriously about the "Jew" Part, even when he then added "But for real the thing is so massive it's impossible for life to exist there"... That's when most of us noticed you were fairly high on the autistic spectrum