Where were you when meme magic became real?

Where were you when meme magic became real?

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.com/captain-america-civil-war-appears-its-way-earning-1b-box-office-2366060
youtube.com/watch?v=BxXgTLvLuqo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ibtimes.com/captain-america-civil-war-appears-its-way-earning-1b-box-office-2366060

oh, a third avengers movie is going to make a billion dollars? Color me surprised

THANKS TONY

yeah thank you based Iron Man

Why not just make avengers movies? They always break a billion

DCucks on suicide watch.

Why is Evans so smug in every single photo/interview?

>still using and believing this meme
evansposter is the poster child for mental illness

Why wouldn't he be? He's making millions from a children's character that requires barely any acting.

>make silly childish superhero movie once a year
>release it for a billion dollars
>rinse and repeat
fucking infantilization of society

>something is bound to happen
>make a meme out of it
>when it happens, shout "MEME MAGIC IS REAL"

autism.

>make millions
>swimming in pootytang
>literal chad go
>even reeeees love him

I sure do love quips!

Do you think he's jealous of RDJ, considering he's getting paid less in his own movie?

RDJ only makes like 10 million more an MCU flick than Evans and Hemsworth so I don't think they care that much if at all

>40 million for playing a living toy
>perfect body
>handsome man
>not a tiny prick with self-esteem issues and a junkie past
think he'll manage

If it wasnt for RDJ evans and hemsworth wouldnt have a job. RDJ built the marvel brand on his own back, they know that

>make casual entertainment
>make it entertaining
>don't ruin it with some full retard shit
>get money
waow who knew not DC that's who

RDJ's getting paid $200 million for Avengers Infinity War 1 & 2, which I'm sure is considerably more than a $10 million difference from Evans or Hemsworth.

RDJ gets paid 40million for Civil War and gets a huge bonus if the movie outgrosses Winter Soldier

Evans gets paid 8-10million

I hate RDJ with a passion, such a douchebag

I don't care if they're adept at making schlock and that people suck up schlock, it's still fucking schlock

Remember sometime around the later Nolan batman films some people were claiming that capeshit had run its course?

>If it wasnt for RDJ evans and hemsworth wouldnt have a job. RDJ built the marvel brand on his own back, they know that
what? how?

Meme magic exists, and it carried Leicester to a league title.

Not if you saturate the market with them, they need to let it build up

What is this from?

>millionaires are going to make more millions

wow!

you sound like fucking schlock, schlock.

why? his contract is up and they wanted him bad, it's not his fault that he is the only one who can get actually paid by Marvel, Marvel is cheap as fuck

iron man's success paved the way for modern day capeshit

Some people believe that iron man was responsible for starting the capeshit genre but I think Toby Maguires spiderman claims that title. It was the first capeshit that truly drew everyone's attention.

you mean besides making Iron Man a success and lending Marvel money for the movie?

>misusing meme magic
>implying spam is magic
>implying an avengers movie with a different title would sell poorly
>implying Russos can do any wrong (bar spidey's dialogue)
Ant-Man had a better "good sales" story.

>dc obsession/randomly bringing it up in a marvel thread
maximum butthurt shitposting

Iron's Man success had little to do with RDJ, they could have had Tom Cruise and made just as much, the fact is they can replace actors in the MCU or just cut them off and still make millions and no one cares

They can plug in actors and no namers and people will still watch it

Iron Man's success was due to TDK and Spiderman building up comic book movies to credible cinema

It's Captain America 3

It was nice of Downey Jr's financial management team to drop by to clear that up for us.

I don't know what that word is supposed to mean to you but movies are lowbrow pretty fucking consistently so you're fooling yourself if you think you've got some "deep" alternative.

read a book

$200 million is pretty obscene by any standard, especially when most of your action scenes are CGI.

How many more inches does he get if it out-grosses winter soldier

I can't believe BvS somehow managed to do worse than MoS and barley broke even.

>mad DC cuckies

>It was the first capeshit that truly drew everyone's attention.
That would be X-Men.

>Iron's Man success had little to do with RDJ

lol ok bud

How do you conclude that it did worse? It's grossed $200 million more.

You forget RDJ had almost no career before Iron Man, he wasn't exactly oozing star power at the time

It'll teach WB to bribe more critics next time :)

Bigger budget so it was less profitable.

Tom Cruise sucked at the audition, meanwhile RDJ nailed it so yeah it definitely had something to do with Downey getting the character right

youtube.com/watch?v=BxXgTLvLuqo

>Iron Man's success was due to TDK

Iron Man came out a couple months before TDK

>and Spiderman building up comic book movies to credible cinema
>Spiderman
>credible cinema

you have no idea what you're talking about

But the production cost and marketing was higher for this one

It wasn't about star power you delusional cuck

RDJ didn't have any ooze yet the movie still broke all expectations and made sure that the MCU would happen in the first place. And it was primarily because of his performance. If you weren't underage you would know that's basically all anyone spoke about.

It made more, but apparently it was less profitable than MoS.
MoS costed much less, plus it had tons more of product placement.

no shit faggot, that makes iron man's success even more impressive

he didn't -need- starpower you autist, neither did the movie

>it definitely had something to do with Downey getting the character right
That's because he literally IS the character in real life (minus the power suits).

Batman (1989) was the highest grossing film of the year by a considerable margin. None of this capeshit stuff is new, just more prominent and consistent.

Watch the interviews and such.
He's much more humble than Tony Stark.
I remember he fought really hard to bring up the pay of all the Avengers cast in the first Avengers movie when they told him the paycheck differences between him and the others.

BvS has way more merchandise than MOS though, judging from the toy shelves in my area.

there's a difference between successful capeshit movies every couple years and the whole avengers/mcu project undertaking that was built upon the success of iron man

Yeah, but who the fuck is going to buy that.

the entire thing with rdj and iron man was that a relatively b list hero starring a c list washed up actor managed to blow past all expectations and set the stage for marvel's most ambitious long term plan ever.

>Spiderman
pic related, even then the Batman movies and X-Men movies had culminated in people wanting more capeshit stuff, you guys are delusion if you think Iron man started it all

>If you weren't underage
lmao really? You are talking about underage when you are talking about a movie that is less than 10 years old, also I wasn't making that point

It was the point that MCU was successful regardless of actors

They could have plugged literally anyone into Iron Man and it would have been successful

Just like they plugged in a no name Chris Hemswoth to play Thor and the no name to play Spiderman, shit will still sell cause Disney knows how

does nobody remember the big hubub after AoU where RDJ refused to resign unless they renegotiated the contracts for everybody else so they got paid more?

also he's taking less initial money, but he gets a percentage of gross, so no he won't get 2 100 million dollar checks for the infinity war flicks, but he'll probably wind up making more than that

Evans probably got 20 or 30 mill for civil war

woops forgot picture

how is he this fucking poor

>he does it for free

>They could have plugged literally anyone into Iron Man and it would have been successful

>you now realize marvel and disney themselves disagree with you

Perlmutter

yeah i remember, i thought it was for Olson and Quicksilver dude though

It's still shit though

The kid I saw forcing their parents to buy that Batman figure with the weird torpedo gun? I mean, say what you want about the movie but the designs were quite cool in toy form.

Maybe not at this point since he has, what five movies with him as Iron Man? But in the first one they could have casted someone else and it would have still been successful

yup, but i'm gonna take shit from pretty gal than some fucking landwhale

You think Disney jews are just handing their hard earned shekels around? Fuck that shit.

The production budgets on boxofficemojo are different by $25million ($225 and $250). The first Google result for Man of Steel marketing suggests $150 million so $375 for that one in total. $410 million seems to be the figure for BvS once marketing is taken into account. So they've grossed an extra $200 million for an additional $35 million investment. Even if we add another $50 million to BvS it is still far more successful in pure numbers (those numbers anyway).

i like how you keep repeating that as a statement of fact when his performance in that movie was universally acclaimed and there's no way for you to prove someone else could have done as well

>(((nicknames)))

Why Weed On is bad?

based Feige
so humble

But studios only get half of what they get in box office. That is why they broke even, even though they surpass the budget technically

it's MCU

Again they literally casted no names to play Thor and Spiderman and somehow pulls it off

They cut Norton who actually had a A list career unlike Downey and no one gave a shit, same with Terrance Howard

You don't think someone like Jon Hamm or Cruise could have played a capeshit hero, I suppose you think playing Tony Stark and hiding behind a CGI suit half the time making quips is such a difficult task that only one actor in Hollywood could accomplish

>nicknames
???

This makes the most sense compared to the bullshit numbers that usually get thrown around here. Twice the production budget is more than enough to cover marketing and any other associated costs for a movie of this size.

>That would be X-Men.
That would be Blade you uphill iceskating motherfucker

From the thumb, I thought it said "Captain America: Civil War appears on its way to earning SvB at the box office."

I BELIEVE

Фиж, чтo-тo пo-жидoвcки, Фaйги, Кeвин

>has all but 2 avengers plus ant man and spiderman
ITS A CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE!!!!!
kys

The Hulk wasn't a success or nearly as acclaimed as Iron Man when it was realeased. Terrence Howard's character wasn't even a main character at that point.

Again you're talking out of your ass.

It's Captain America 3.

>But studios only get half of what they get in box office
If that were true most movies franchises would never get off the ground, much less make a profit. I'm not saying you're completely wrong but there are many more variables within that figure we're not privvy to.

And let's not forget Hollywood accounting, which almost always helps ensure studios are never at a loss.

>being this stupid

So what?

I was addressing a comparison between MoS and BvS. I'd assume the percentage take from the cinemas is fairly consistent across them and if it is not there is no possible way I could know that.

its literally captain america 3