To this day Freddy versus Jason is the only movie with an "icons clash" high concept to actually deliver on it...

To this day Freddy versus Jason is the only movie with an "icons clash" high concept to actually deliver on it. Where other movies give you scraps in the form of five minute teases FvJ gives you the whole third act.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F7EH8WGxWYY
youtube.com/watch?v=rf6iHwKJrrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't it end with a tie, or rather inconclusive decision?

>the only
so far

it ended with Jason walking out of the lake holding Freddy's head (granted he was still alive because of the whole tulpa concept thing)

>what is AvP

Any Godzilla vs. movie.

and Freddy winks

wtf? how does that even work do they get he grudge ghost to watch the tape or does somebody that watched the tape just hiding in grudge house? also neither of them really fucking did anything

yea, he's a thought monster, he lives on because his legend will never die so he can't die

Garbage.

Hyped tbqh

No, a girl watches the tape in the grudge house, then both ghosts duke it out to kill the girl first.
youtube.com/watch?v=F7EH8WGxWYY

aw yiss

No idea how they're going to make it work though.

Most Godzilla movies have Godzilla fighting an original creation. Your claim holds for Mothra and King Kong only.

I always saw that scene as a statement that they will never die.

AvP is a solid concept that for some reason studios can't get right.

The Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comic book is a thousand times better than the movie, the second one brings in dream warriors though so it gets a little dumb.

Well, Sadako has a 7 days time limit, whereas Kayako does not, so Sadako will have to protect the girl from Toshio and Kayako until the 7 days are up, then try to kill her herself.

>ywn see Michael Myers vs Pinhead

People who say it was a tie are delusional.

Robocop vs Terminator

This should have happened in the early 90's.
It's a silly concept might would have been fun as hell to see.

>not Michael Myers vs Leatherface
plebatron
>not Pinhead vs Wishmaster

Always wanted to read that.

If anything Freddy was beefed up too much in the movie.

Freddy has been physically overpowered by the teenage girls he's hunted and Jason Voorhees is basically a fucking Terminator made out of rotting meat.

I forgot to get this when it was reprinted recently. Thanks for reminding me!

LITERALLY WHO VERSUS WHO GIVES A FUCK

Pinhead is more of a cult icon, not really in the same category as the others

literally nobody remembers the djinn's name from wishmaster or those movies

>Michael Myers and Leatherhead are nobodies
fuck i knew this board had gone to shit but this is ridiculous

>not Hannibal Lecter Vs. Jigsaw
plebmeister
>not Black Pearl Vs. Ghost Ship

this seems like it could be fun schlock for sure

>Black Pearl Vs. Ghost Ship
MUH
DICK

>Poltergeist vs Amytiville

youtube.com/watch?v=rf6iHwKJrrk

Jason won but freddy was still alive

Freddy vs Jason works because Freddy has such a strong funny personality

It wouldn't work with only brutes or silent scheming types

JUST

>not Batman Vs. Predator the absolute masterpiƩce

it's pretty easy. What if Michael Myers's sister tries to escape and winds up in Leatherface's town?

Then it's Myers vs Leatherface's family with Leatherface being the final boss.

There. Print that shit.

>plebatron
unlike any of the shit you mentioned faggot, Michael vs. Pinhead was an actual project that John Carpenter and Clive Barker tried to make happen years ago

>Predators getting BTFO by drone xenos
>only surviving Predator had a chestbuster
>it and the nigress only ''defeated'' the queen, didn't really kill her
Requiem didn't do any better by having an OP Predator handwaving xenos to shit

>AvP
literally the worst case of wasted potential in cinematic history

>words hurt mom!
looks like you're out of ritalin, cunt.

>irony

stop using such big words, etsubatsu

my favorite part about predator vs batman is they're pretty much the perfect polar opposites, batman is designed around not killing and predator is only on earth to hunt and kill for glory, batman hasn't really ever fought a villain that wants nothing more than to have his skull on a wall, even his nemesis' like joker and shit mainly have other plans or are just fucking with him for their own nihilistic reasons, but the predator simply would just fight him until one of them drop dead

i know it sounds stupid but to me it's just the perfect clash of technological stalkers with two very conflicting ideologies

I liked the book but it was pretty much a scene-by-scene recreation of Predator 2 with Batman instead of Danny Glover. Lost points for lack of originality.

A reminder this actually happened.

Nah, Michael Myers vs. Snake Plissken.

>Dawn of the Dead (1978) VS Night of the Living Dead (1990)

Night of the Living Dead 3D VS Return of the Living Dead part 2

why's he even wearing armor, in one of the series he literally just beats the shit out of it with his normal costume and gadgets

Oh shit. Was Blade in it?

>why's he even wearing armor
Because he gets his shit fucked up in their first encounter. So wisely decides to level up the playing field.
>in one of the series he literally just beats the shit out of it with his normal costume and gadgets
Now that's just silly

>breast-focused nudity

Yep AND Corey Feldman as Robert Toulon.

there are like 5 crossovers and at a certain point he just starts beating the bag out of them with little to no issue

I've never really watched movies from either franchise aside from one of the Friday movies (I don't know which one) AGES ago, but I just read the plot to this movie and it's the most fucking retarded thing I've ever seen.

it's surprisingly well executed

it's good for watching once or so

That's beyond stupid. Not even based Dutch stood a chance 1-on-1 against a Predator.

MOTHERFUCKER WHERE HAS THIS MOVIE BEEN ALL MY LIFE

This should have made pic related instead of BvS.

It also has one of the hottest bitches in either a Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street movie ever.

If it is Rob Zombie's Myers, since he is on par as far as build with Leatherface

Funny thing is the guy who directed Freddy Vs Jason actually hated both series.

Also, I think I remember him saying they were originally gonna have two endings, one where Freddy wins and the other where Jason wins, but they decided on the ending they picked because it would have been too complicated to decide what areas to show each ending at.

How does this make DCucks feel?

Ronny Yu, right? I have no idea how they got a prolific wuxia director to shoot this flick, absolutely mental

Hell yeah she is.

Her tits kept me from concentrating on the two biggest monsters of cinema fighting each other.

Wishmaster vs Pinhead

As Robert Englund said in the NoES doc, the real winner of FvJ was Jason Ritter.

> 4.9/10 vs 4.8/10
I think the DCucks will feel... okay.

The only other contender

Oh god yes, what a goddess

Man i gotta watch that

superior FVJ waifu

>superior
Only in the sense that she did got naked in the fucking movie but otherwise, not even close.

>He hasn't seen American Mary or Ginger Snaps

Movie had a decent atmosphere too.

I have, many times. Monica Keena is still way hotter, sorry.

>We will never get the pinhead ending

nah son

yeah, no.

Bourne Vs. Bond

>We will never get freddy vs jason vs ash

That feel when we will never see a proper Freddy or Jason movie ever again.

I suppose at least FVJ was a fair ending to both series.

>no mention of this high comedy kaiju kino

typical. but Freddy v Jason did overdeliver on my expectations

Good. I don't want any Freddy movie ever without Robert Englund.

Character might as well be dead now.

Thats what I meant by a proper one. Englund IS Freddy.

>Without Englund AND Craven

Franchise is dead then

Is this Katherine Isabelle?

What about Tekken vs Dead or Alive? I'd say that's a better crossover than Street Fighter.

What a weird concept for a movie. A dream versus a ghost

SF vs KoF was my jam

Right? That made alot more sense because they were similar to each other.

>Jason
>A ghost
what

yes

Absolutely; also having Mai vs Chun Li matches didn't hurt.

She's one fine Canadian.

My nigga
>those special intros with SF and KoF characters

Kath is a qt

face like a retard

It's a little disappointing that they needed to nerf Jason so much just to make it even close to being fair. I feel they should've just been more creative with how Freddy dealt with Jason's unstoppable-force-ness, rather than inventing a bullshit weakness for Jason just for the movie.

I thought that was MAHA hat.