Why do murrifats and auslards need air conditioners...

Why do murrifats and auslards need air conditioners? Are they really that fat and stupid to understand how to open a window?

Is that the same reason why they drive automatics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VZoXrnnd31w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If it's hot outside and you want it to be cold, you don't want to open a window, dipshit.

I missed this threads, I thought you died or something.

something=got a social life or/and GF.

Never stop

41°C atm and my AC doesnt work. Man im melting.

> and my AC doesnt work.

What brand is it, and what happen with it?

Right now you are better at Tech Support than anyone in Argentina

argentine brand lmao. no friking idea, the fan works but the air isnt cold.

Answer the question. I wanna see if my HVAC skills are best ITT.

I know you can't believe this Pekka but in the South it's 85 degrees fahrenheit and 85% humidity at night time. Also, you don't have people trying to break into your house in Suomi.

Oh I wasn't him, ask

How old is the conditionner?
DId it stop right away to make cold air, or what is progressive?

lol

Is there an air filter? Is it clean?

Are the fins on the outside coil dirty or damaged?

just like that, one day i turned it on and the air wasnt cold anymore

ah, you again, dipshit

already checked the filter and fins, their perfect

>the fan works but the air isnt cold
sheeeeitt
your refrigerant is probably exhausted. on December 31st
good luck finding someone that can replace it, nice knowin' ya user

open it at night and close it during the day

>open it at night
>nighttime temperature is 28°C with no winds at all
uh.. better not

Time to change it.
replacing the parts isn't worth it

The ice compartment probably just ran out. You just need to open it and fill it up with ice.

It gets hot here, and sunlight significantly raises the temperature of a structure.

is it a window unit or a central air?

Is it a window unit, a mini split, or central air?

i hope you guys are trolling

this is correct

only the cheapest shitty a/c's need to have an ice compartment you fill up

Nope. Mosquitos, cockroaches, robbers, etc.

is this even for real? i thought it was a joke.

See pic, OP. She opened the window because it was too warm, but that happened.

I have AC too.

like this, central i guess

Of course. How do you think air conditioners even work? You can't create coldness out of nothing, it has to come from somewhere.

>mini split
Yeah, those are a bitch to work on without some experience and the right tools. Sorry, bud, you've gotta call a pro.

window*
"central" would mean the whole building has a/c from a single machine, ameo

umm, b-b-but they use coolant not ice cubes, rright?

> when you open the window for some cool air and 2 jehovah's witnesses come in

And how do you think that gets cold? It all comes back to ice eventually.

that is a window unit, so at least easier to diagnose

>Euros can't afford AC or dryers
You could not fabricate such a story

well i looked it up on google translator to be on the right side of english and "coolant" is a product that lower the temperature to room condition
so what you talking about is "refrigerant" actually

>people think refrigerant is used up in an air conditioning system
>mfw

coolant, refrigerant, same thing. think freon (except it is not used anymore).

>85 degrees

Are you boiling?

I think no one uses window units outside of the US.

you mean nobody uses central air outside us? probably.

>coolant cools something, whereas refrigerant is used to bring something below ambient temp
>Freon is a brand name (DuPont, I believe), and covers many different refrigerants
You're thinking of r22 no longer being produced and highly regulated, and most ACs now using r410a.

No, they use mini splits.

No, I thought window unit was the kind you put on the window like pic.
The common unit for housing is the split, and actually no windows are involved.
Central units are common only in offices.

They build their homes out of toothpicks and plastered cardboard, this is the only way they can keep cool in those places

Here nobody has that kind of window, so we just put the AC in the wall.
Just make a square hole in the wall and put it there.

splits are also put in the window/outer wall
central a/c is what you see on the top of buildings or at their back

I dunno, you guys confuse me. Here is what we use in the US. Some older/urban houses may have window units.
I know in some parts of Eastern Europe and in China they have those ugly boxes next to the windows in their commieblocks. Maybe that's what you call a mini split?

That looks expensive as fuck!

>tfw too poor to even think of buying it

not really, most people use splits. the only place where you'll see window units are offices and old motels

this is a Split

mini split is this: there's a "window" unit but instead of going through the window/wall, only the tubes goes through it and into the fan inside

They make ACs that look like big window units, but they are made to go through a wall. They run on 220 VAC.
There's also PTACs, like what you find in big chain hotels.
Mini split

Here we use them also in the winter. Cheap as fuck.

so do we
OP is just copypasta'ing

Because most states in Australia and America get hot.
Like really fucking hot.
I think the coolest state here gets boiling hot summers hotter than any season in Finland.

Geothermal?

Also, to the user with the busted AC: if you can find it, check the capacitor.

This is what I've got at home, don't think I use it more than a couple of months a year tho

so that's a mini split?

Still not as hot as a sauna. Medium temperature for a good sauna is 100-100 degrees celsius

mhm
and it's cheap and convenient as shit

Yup. They're commonly also heat pumps (AC, but reversible) like this

Geothermal is too expensive. A decent air-air one is like 700 euros.

What are your lowest winter outdoor temps?

yes. basically the window/wall AC is 1 whole unit, whereas the mini split are 2 different ones (one outside and one inside connected through pipes and stuff)

>ugly boxes next to the windows
They are external units, and they may be next to windows just because they are usually on the outer wall and there are windows there too, they have nothing to do with windows.
There is also an internal unit for one room connected to it, at best two internal units.
They are pretty common even in western europe and japan.

AC does not stand for 'annexed Crimea'.

They don't have to be right next to the unit tho, mine's are on the roof so all there is to see is some discreet piping on the side of the house, that's a shit installation.

>There's also PTACs, like what you find in big chain hotels.
Now that you mentioned hotels. I always wondered. I've stayed at all kinds of hotels and it is always a hit or miss. Some cheaper motels like Super 8 have an "indoor unit" whatever you call it, with controls on it, is that a split system? They are horrible and noisy as fuck. Better chains like Mariott have what I believe is some kind of central air, meaning there is a wall-mount thermostat etc. However it sounds like the blower is just behind the wall, so also noisy as fuck. Shit. It is never as comfy as home.

Where I live is like around zero degrees, rarely drops to -10. But in different places of Bulgaria it drops to -25. Most brands like Daikin/Fujutsu/Mitsubishi still work without any issues altghouh they are not recommended under -15. The geothermal is great, but it costs like 5-6k euros and most people live in commie blocks. Even a multi split would be hard to be installed.

You aren't wearing clothes, shoes etc in a sauna either and you can get out whenever you want.
There's no escaping 95+ heat and humidity without air conditioning.

Yeah, there are even covers for the lines, kinda like the ones for indoor wiring.
>Super 8
Box under the window, but goes through the wall?
PTAC
>wall thermostat
There are likely heated and chilled water coils supplied by a central plant, and each room has its own blower. The thermostat controls valves or pumps for the coils, and it switches the blower on.
Well, that all makes sense.

>
Are there any other countries that use evaporative coolers?

Humidity

about 3-5K just to replace the outdoor unit (the compressor) and the matching indoor coil. furnace is probably about the same if you need heating. so, to install the whole system from scratch... complete with the duct lines.... no idea. 20K? 30K? but more importantly, it is pointless trying to retrofit it into an existing house/apartment. just buy a house with central air.

you need a new capacitor for the condensor pump

Installing central air in an existing structure without existing ducting is usually pretty impractical. That said, I'm happy that it will be easy to do in my house.

If it's a window unit, it makes more sense to just get a new one.

Who the fuck puts a furnace in the attic? mine's in the basement where it belongs

>condensor
>pump
People without basements, or people who want really good zoning.

but he needs it today, so he would have to make his own capacitor. if it is, say, below 0.1uF at 110V , he can build a beer bottle capacitor
youtube.com/watch?v=VZoXrnnd31w

or a retrofit install when there is no room

Lol

>impractical.
>easy to do in my house.
how so?

i keep windows and doors closed, but all kind of witnesses visit me anyway. they just ring the doorbell, you know.

>below 0.1uF
That's doubtful. Even a tiny window AC compressor, is at least 1.5uF
Yeah, that's kinda implied by no basement. Here, have an etc.
I have a colonial large, open basement and attic. I'm going to put one air handler each in the attic and basement.

>Yeah, that's kinda implied by no basement.
No, no basement doesn't mean furnace goes in the attic. In my house it is next to the laundry room (a small area with the water heater tank, water softener and a furnace). Pretty common around here.

Sounds like you live in a cheap suburban slab house or a trailer.

>fahrenheit

>using a crazy Prussian's meme scale

>a house without a basement is a trailer

Or it's a cheap suburban house on a slab.

not enough liquid dude, you have to call an ac guy to refill it, go look at the copper tubes outside; do the have frost?

also with what kind of liquid does it work, 410a, R22?