CPAP master race reporting in. What does Sup Forums use? I just started my therapy and have been sleeping better...

CPAP master race reporting in. What does Sup Forums use? I just started my therapy and have been sleeping better, waking up with full energy without an alarm clock.

Currently using Resmed AirSense 10 with Simplus full face mask. Hoping to switch to just nasal pillows after a few months.

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/airing-the-first-hoseless-maskless-micro-cpap#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Come on, I know a good 75% of Sup Forums is using CPAP.

Nursefag here, ya most of Sup Forums probably uses one. How ovetweight are you? I dont use one but my ex wife did. Miracle machine

It's fucking horrible. I've been using one for a couple years, and I'm absolutely fed up with it. There has to be a better way than sleeping with a fucking tube attached to your head. This is the god damn 21st century.

> CPAP master race

Take it off and let nature take its course as you die in your sleep.

>cpap master race

How's that obesity working out for you? Oh master race overlord....

I remember when we could just do fingerbox threads.

Those were the days...

Yeah I've heard of a new mini version of it that just plugs on your nose...but I wish it would have already been out by now. I hate it as well. I usually end up wearing it the minimum my insurance will allow (at least five nights a week and four hours per night). I usually rip it off after wearing it four hours and take weekends off.

Obviously I was being sarcastic with the master race comment. Thanks for taking the bait.

I was not, Please do die in your sleep.

I need to lose 100 pounds to be at my optimal BMI. I had tonsils removed and some nasal sinus surgery. He basically shaved out a lot of polyps and opened my nasal passages really good. I didn't have a deviated septum so no septoplasty was required.

And as you can probably guess, none of that helped with the snoring...just made it a little more quiet than usual. So now I'm exercising and dieting...I feel horrible using CPAP at 26. The only benefit of it is that my fiance and I can now take trips and sleep in same room at home due to it stopping the snoring.

You were baited. Lmao.

i down a hole bottle of this.

Lmao...talk about taking the bait.

> Master race
> Needs machine to live

I just got a job as a sleep scientist fitting these machines to people and titrating during implement studies. Ama.

you were master bated

If a person were to lose weight in addition to already having surgery to attempt to correct sleep apnea, is there a good chance their snoring would totally go away?

I'm not being sarcastic about your obesity. You're gross, please lose weight or die

Obstructive sleep apnea here.

I started out with the nasal pillows but they were too uncomfortable. I'm using a nasal mask and it sucks, but it's worth it. I'm still waking up through the night (I regain consciousness when I do) but I'm getting that treated soon.

cpap master race

This shit is going to change the game of CPAP.

I used to use one, but I stopped being a fat fuck and don't snore and have obstructed sleep, unless I get drunk then I do snore like a fucker cuz of relaxed muscles etc. I'm going to get me some of these for those nights.

Here is the kickstarter

indiegogo.com/projects/airing-the-first-hoseless-maskless-micro-cpap#/

i pray every night i die in my sleep but i just keep waking up

Surgery is pretty last resort, but yeah if you have your airway surgically unobstructed it'll likely stop the snoring. My CPAP patients usually stop snoring from the machine alone though.

You have 100lbs to lose...you're in mega whale category. How fat is your fiance? Since you're losing weight is she doing the same? If you get to normal BMI and she doesn't how are you going to feel being married to a lardpig?

I had my tonsils removed, and extensive endoscopic sinus surgery about a month ago. It has made the snoring quiet, but it's still there and girlfriend still can't sleep with me. I felt awful, and think I wasted two grand. So now I have to lose weight to see if that works. Do you think it takes longer than a month for the full benefits of that surgery?

Machine definitely stopped it, but it's just cumbersome and she's not a big fan of sleeping next to someone with a full face mask on, and I don't blame her. But at least we can travel now like we have always wanted to.

We do it together, she only has like 30 to lose, and she's only doing that to make me feel better. I'm fat but I have a cocky, arrogant attitude and don't care how I look shirtless. Some women are attracted to that and don't care how fat you are.

>Surgery is pretty last resort
lol no it isnt faggot, relying on a fucking machine to have a good night sleep is last resort

surgery treats the problem, CPAP treats the symptoms

im getting jaw surgery and a septoplasty, no way am i going to be reliant on a machine to sleep for the rest of my life

>There has to be a better way than sleeping with a fucking tube attached to your head

Yea it's called losing weight you fat landwhale

Attitude only goes so far when you're putting on airs. Deep down she knows she's settling for less. It's just a matter of money if she stays around, she's not sticking around for your attitude bro.

Yeah, but speaking from personal experience...I've gone through about $4,000 total (way more without insurance) the past year doing CT scans, sleep study, surgeries, etc. etc. and it didn't fix the snoring. It only works in like two percent of patients.

However, I'm also a fatass so...maybe after weight loss it will.

It has worked for me, and I don't make much money. I don't know, women are different here?

>hahaha I know more than the sleep tech

God I love getting faggots like you coming in, I go straight to full face mask, tighten the shit out of it and laugh when I see no improvements and watch as you get parts of your throat cut out.

Having a nasal pillow mask is a darn sight easier and cheaper (at least for you amerifats) than facial surgery.

you were the bananafag of your time, it was retarded then and its still fucking retarded

Why'd you get full face? Have you considered nasal cups with a small chin strap for cosmetic reasons?
Our sleep lab resorts to full face maybe 1/10 times because they're awful.

I currently use a full face mask, and I don't mouth breathe at night (at least the tech told me that). So would you recommend the nasal pillow mask?

Btw, my pressure setting usually goes anywhere from 11 to 17 depending.

Guess I need to talk to my tech about it. Insurance here is what it is, I can only get a new mask every three months or so.

If you don't mouth breath, jump on intranasal pillows or a nasal cup. Full face always needs higher pressure and leaks more making more noise, and looks hideous. You shouldn't have been put on full face unless you were an unstoppable mouth breather.

>God I love getting faggots like you coming in, I go straight to full face mask, tighten the shit out of it and laugh when I see no improvements and watch as you get parts of your throat cut out.
lol that would be cool and all, except for the fact that i dont use a CPAP cuck machine and dont plan to, faggot

She has 30lbs to lose...I'm guessing aside from the obesity she never won any beauty contests? Its whatever, you're fat and you have a fat gf, I don't know why it blows my mind when fat gross people end up settling for each other. The gradual slide of de-evolution goes on I guess.

Swift FX Nano for my mask. Not over weight.

Nursefag reporting back. Well glad your working to it. I lost 80lbs going locarb. It just takes time bro. Wishing you health and hapiness

I look forward to hearing about you dying in your sleep

I am sure you are ripped, browsing a Sup Forums CPAP thread. KYS.

keto is the way living the United States of Burgers. The fries and buns are killing us.

I actually am. I used to be in shape and did sports and all that. Then got fat with a drinking problem mainly with beer all the time. Cut carbs and sugars and started running and doing body weight exercises. I got my six pack back. Sorry user, not all of us get to 100lbs+ of being overweight and end up with an ugly fat fiance. KYS bitch ass.

Meh i rock the low glycemic. True, thats why i only pack lunches. Plus a very physical job helps.

not happening, bitchboi

LOL struck a nerve with you. I think you're just mad like a lot of other "fit" betas when they see a fat guy get a girl due to having an alpha attitude.

Your time will come

Post a timestamoed picture of your abs. Or an hero

scam, sorry, but if there was any chance of it working they'd have real investors.

Just gonna throw this out there in defense of the fatties I'm a fireman and work with a lot of guys who wear these at night that are not obese. Some are even jacked/hellafit. Sleep apnea can affect anyone.

Been a Papper about 15 years.

Got my 2nd machine 2 months ago. So I got a back up if one goes down.
Using nasal pillows for 3 years and loving it.

Can't sleep without the machine.
Makes a world of difference.

Thanks user, I'm actually a nursefag myself. Getting in shape is also a goal because of the looks you get being an overweight nurse lol.

how much of this is really helpful, and how much is just "give everyone a cpap machine". I had a horrible experience my doctor ordered one for me even before we had discussed my results ( minor-moderate apnea ). I had plenty of dreamtime, etc. The whole thing felt like a railroad to bill my insurance for something.

Try weed.
I'm serious.

My besties grandpa came to Canada from Ukraine, did weed, sleep apnea fucking vanished when he blazed before sleep.

Yeah definitely. That's what scares me, to go through losing all the weight in addition to surgery and then still needing the damn machine. Oh well, rather be a skinny CPAP user than obese I suppose.

>The whole thing felt like a railroad to bill my insurance for something.
Don't get me started user.

I'm so fed up with getting tests that the Dr doesn't go over with me.

You're welcome.

True user but your more focused on your size then your patients. None of my patients evet said anything when i was my biggest. Whats your specialty? Im in oncology

Don't listen to that fool, he's obviously biased considering his employment.

Operating room. I was a surgical tech for a while and then went back to school after getting treated like the crap on everyone's shoe. I do less and get paid more now. Thinking of going elsewhere though.

>>get a girl
>>admits girl is 30lbs overweight
>>doesn't realize its not a girl but a cupcake hippo.

Sure thing user.

Meh, I prefer a curvy girl to a bony one anyway.

I went in for a hearing problem, and all they wanted to talk about was my sinuses and pushing cpap. I said "sure ok, but I'm still waiting on the hearing tests results.. you were supposed to have them today"

>ok we will have them next time
>I go do cpap test
>Some company calls my FUCKING FATHER trying to get my insurance info so they can order a cpap machine for me.
>call "if I show up and my hearing results aren't ready, I'm going to be upset"
>show up - have sleep study results... oh sorry user, not sure why your hearing results arent' back yet.

reviewing the results

>so I remember dreaming a lot, I definitely had REM time
>oh well they said moderate, you should get a machine
>review with doctor - looks way more like "mild" than moderate
>I'm overweight, no surprise there
>have GIANT tonsils and deviated septum

so yeah, I'm thinking about trying it again - I require a lot of sleep and still wake up tired. I was talking to some guy at a con and he said he got his tonsils taken out and started getting good sleep for the first time in his life.... its apparently a brutal surgery though as an adult.

If I pulled that mask off would you die?

I was trauma then went to oncology. I love it.

It's awful. OP here, was the one talking about getting surgery for sleep apnea. They did my tonsil surgery and sinus stuff all at the same time. Didn't really feel a thing from the sinus surgery except mild nose bleeds.

Tonsil surgery was hell though. But only for a week. It's tolerable if you set alarms through the night to wake up and drink/take pain medicine.

Curvy = ) (

Your gf = ( )

You are delusional fatboy.

Still waiting on that time stamp picture of you.

No.

did it make a big difference? is it a game changer?

You're a 100lbs overweight...your obesity probably has fucked up your horomones to the point where you do desire pics of a male body. I won't contribute to your faggotry.

Anyone can be a wardsman or operating theatre tech. I'm a scrub nurse, mostly ortho by now im trying to move into cardiovascular. My job is pretty tough and the money is shit. Unless you becone a surgeon, I wouldn't bother.

Lol. I was a fucking theatre tech at 16

I love how you keep replying lmao

hated life through college. drank too much drugged too much. wasnt until I was 26 I realized how badly depressed I was and went on meds. didn't fix everything, but goddamn I stopped feeling like I Wanted to get hit by a bus all day.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Another Sup Forumstard lies and claims to be alpha and fit.

Move along nothing new here.

Nope. But I'm overweight, I'll see after the weight loss if it was fully beneficial. It did reduce the noise of the snoring, but still have severe sleep apnea.

Yeah, I definitely found that out after I graduated a two year program and became a surgical tech. There were people in there grandfathered in who didn't even have a GED.

I became a nurse two years after that, though..and the pay is decent where I work. And you are actually treated with respect. It's different every where you go though.

Oncology nursefag here, never heard of a surgery tech under 18. In the usa. Just pointing that out. Being a bonesaw assistant should pay well

I should also add, the surgeon did tell me it may work, it may not. Some of his patients get lucky, some don't. But the tonsils had to come out regardless due to me having repeated episodes of tonsillitis and tonsil stones. The sinus surgery also had to be done, had some huge polyps. Otherwise I wouldn't have risked it, and I don't think he would have done it in the first place.

Yeah they definitely can't (now anyway). That guy must be in the UK since he's calling it a "theatre" lmao.

But I did work with some folks who had been techs since the 60's and 70's who were janitors and randomly asked, "Hey, come hold this" back then and got grandfathered in, requiring no education.

I need the CPAP. No doubt. My trouble's with my back.
>get MRI
>see Dr 3 months later - doesn't mention it
I was on morphine anyways so I blew that off
>see Dr 3 months later
>ask about MRI and why he didn't review it with me
Get new Dr
tell 'em to fuck off until I see spine Dr
>see spine Dr
>get x-rays
>get MRI
>get called to schedule injections (didn't work last time)
>ask about MRI results
>he'll tell you when you get injected
>schedule injections and go
>ask spine Dr about MRI
>"I dunno. The results aren't in this office I inject here."

Checked the insurance and saw the total was over 6k for x-rays, MRI, and injections.

>injections didn't work again.
But I can get them every 3 months if I want.

Yeah... fuck 'em.

Not everyone who snores is overweight.

Ya i have heard of that too. Britfags need to realize there opinions and thoughts dont matter.

Can I get a CPAP if I'm just a moderate snorer who's not overweight but still sleeps like shit and wakes up zombified? I don't give a fuck about stigma or discomfort -- I sleep like the dead and yet am never rested.

I can sell ya one.

Srsly- go to your Dr and tell him about it.
He has to schedule a sleep study.
Then you'll probably get one.
Make sure you can get your supplies easily - like mailed to your home every 3 months.

[still bitching]
My new Healthcare providers wouldn't give me my supplies without another sleep study.

>that;s like saying I can't change the oil in my car without getting it registered and inspected.
Went online and found a place that sends them to my home now.

Fuck 'em.