What does Sup Forums thinks of BMWs? I just got my first E46 328i. Runs amazing for me...

What does Sup Forums thinks of BMWs? I just got my first E46 328i. Runs amazing for me, my last car was a Nissan sentry b13 and I've always wanted an E46

Make sure it have wheels buddy

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has wheels

Sick man

Forgot pic

i started working at a shop the gets alot of European cars a few years ago, they are some of the biggest pieces of crap for how much they cost. they use alot of plastic that bakes down and falls apart for the cooling and pcv system

Nice cars, but you need to be rich to own one. a simple fix could costthousands lol. but if you have the money it is definately worth it. Bimmers are nice af

Very nice.

2002 330ci reporting in.

Had a 1993 E36 325i. Crashed it.
Bought a 1996 E36 328i. Got crashed into.
Bought a 1991 E36 325i. Ran it until it was dead.

I have bad luck with BMW's.

Well, my dad have own several Beemers amd never had real problems other than the usual little things guess. So we know some good mechanics around here. I know the guy that sold it to me and he's been the only owner of the car, so that's a good thing

Let's clear something up.

Beemer - Bike
Bimmer - Car

My bad

You know what BMW stands for right?

Beta man's wheels.

Go Chevy pick up trucks or go home.

Redneck piece of shit

If you are a white trash on welfare, then yes, go Chevy trucks

>why don't 20 year old cars last???

nice cars, especially their Z series
but the parts are so expensive that their 100% routine maintenance warranty is the only way anyone can afford to drive one

E30, 34, 24, 9 are the best models
I fucking hate the e46 headlights
But bmws aren't bad if you know how to maintain them right tbh.

Eurolord here.
Cars sucks.
We use public transport.
Safe, fast, eco-friendly.

Go to hell with your oil-based fuel burner car.

01 330ci.
best car ever.

E34 is my favorite. I was actually getting a 535, but it had an awful maintenance record, so like I said earlier, I know the guy who sold me the e46, it made me feel more comfortable. I also love e21s and 2002s

its a european car tard

The amount of rice in this thread

5 year owner of an E46 M3.

Chevy pickup my ass.

Yota or nothing. I have a 3rd gen 4runner as well. 4x4 is superior to any chevy 4x4 system out there.

High milage E46? Learn your way around a wrench. You can save yourself a shit load of money. If you just got this car and you don't know it's history, priority #1 is your cooling system, especially the expansion tank. Also expect to replace your intake boots, DISA valve, valve cover gasket, and control arms. Maybe dampers if they're original. If it's an auto, drop your trans pan, change the filter, and add fresh fluid (lifetime fluid is a joke). Finally, don't get eBay Chinese crap parts - they will fuck you. Don't get the BMW brand stuff either unless you like to overpay. Find out who the OEM manufacturer was and get the same parts for less without the roundel.

Will it break down more often than some ricer shit? Depends on it's history and how you maintain it.

This from a guy with an '04 330xi.

>rice

Lolwut. The only cars that have been posted here is a Chevy pickup and what appears to be a completely stock bmw. Do you know what rice actually means?

Potential rice*
fk u fag my car is riced to shit... 5k in after market parts

Then you probably get the american versions of the models in. Because european cars is always higher in quality than Dodge, Chevrolet and Ford.

I overhauled my system a while ago. The only thing I didn't touch was the expansion tank. This was what happened to me a couple weeks back. I had the tank at my house fortunately. I just didn't change it cause the fucked up clamp they use for it. I didn't wanna mess it up and have the car go down.

They're Bimmers, not Beemers. There's a difference. Google it.

On my second BMW- 135i manual with the m sport pack. Love it. My first one was an E36 M3.

Bimmers are cheap to maintain, expensive to fix. Take care of it and it'll last. Good luck.

>break down
>ricer
drove toyotas for 20 years without more than oil change, brakes, wheels, a/c fluid, cooler fluid and lamps.

Someday I'd like to own an e30, unfortunately they're really hard to find clean AND manual. One of the few cars that I think actually looks good in black.

If I ever find one I might be tempted to sell my 944.

?

He didn't say anything about toyotas lol

Yup. Let's take a plastic tank, fill it full of hot liquid, and then pressurize it. A few 1,000 times. What could go wrong? They could have at least made them easier to change out.

everyone even slightly well off buys one. if you want to stand out there are other luxury cars brands just as good.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here

I have a leaky vcg on the 4runner at only 120k miles. About the only thing it needs. Still on the original timing belt too. Zero issues with it.

The M3 has never failed me either other than a brake caliper, fuel pump and the coolant tank.

I would drive either anywhere especially the M3. Everything nearly has been rebuilt on it, valves done up and all.

Manual is way more fun than automatic anyway

Chevys trash, PowerStroke is where its at

Yeah, I just happened to like bimmers

I know. That's why I said it's hard to find one that's clean and manual

Op here, I forgot to mention that mine is a manual of course

It took me about 5 minutes to change it out. I used a standard hose clamp instead of those crush clamps or whatever you wanna call them.

One bolt holds it down and 1 hose and electrical connector is hooked to it. That's it. My car was sideways though and I lost nearly all fluid in the top half of my rad system.

My mistake. I misread

fuck your car, OP, you're a fag

Chevy Chase's car is the best of the world !

Audrey was hottest in that one.

I know, right !

Unless you drive an E30, you are bourgeois scum.

Nice, does it come in Men?

i'm sure it's a great car, but i prefer mercedes

You forgot e28's

in california they are called beemers

toMAYto / toMAHto, my friend

You know being riced is a bad thing, race inspired cosmetic enhancements... if you dont have the build to back up the looks then its rice.... which btw 5k is nothing in cars

Beemers are the best you can get if your budget is under 100k. 328i is a great fucking car.