Sup, Sup Forums

Sup, Sup Forums

I'm wanting to start a campaign in my homebrew world with a group of new to medium experience players.

Can't decide if I should use Pathfinder or 5e for my ruleset.

Dubs decide. Also, general tabletop gaming discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w5vYith5MfA
mediafire.com/folder/3ppw8eimwuqqy/Burning_Wheel
4chandata.org/tg/PDF-Request-Thread-a778478
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this belongs on /tg/ but i recommend pathfinder or 3.5e

Will 3.5 be easy for the new players to understand and pick up on? I heard it was pretty complex, and the base for pathfinder.

If you are looking for ease of play and are introducing new players to the genre I' definitely recommend 5e, it is very streamlined but not to the pint of being dumbed down

To be honest, I've been leaning toward 5e for awhile now, but all my more experienced friends (rule lawyers, minmaxers who will not be playing with us) say I should be using pathfinder. Was wondering how much truth there was to that.

5 ed is much easier and lighter on the rules. 3.5 is the most complex of all the dnds ever. 5th also encourages better roleplaying.

no, you're rules lawyering minmaxing friends enjoy 3.5 because it encourages their rules lawyering and minmaxing. 5th ed is more about enjoying the game, less about stats

I would definitely agree there won't be players trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the stats or making broken builds
Btw those dubs

And that roleplaying is what we are truly going for here.

I don't think. I mentioned it, but this will be my first time DMing. I've played under Pathfinder, Iron Kingdom, and 5e a little in the past, and was seriously weighing all the ins and outs. Thanks, user.

Yeah, I've had good luck with dubs lately.

Totally agree, especially when your character's background includes insight to their personalities.

youtube.com/watch?v=w5vYith5MfA

Oh damn dubs again!!

Sweet quads, Sup Forumsro!

Well, both your dubs and my personal feelings have sealed it. We'll be running 5e.

I'm still totally down for some general gaming discussion. Has anyone else ever run iron kingdoms?

So much win!!
On a side not OP, on a side note have you ever tried the burning wheel, heavily influenced by narrative the pc's and character/fm interaction which makes playing a little different from your dnd

I've never heard of that before. I'd love to know more, have any resources handy?

Here I have a link
mediafire.com/folder/3ppw8eimwuqqy/Burning_Wheel

Btw check out this archived thread (it is filled with great resources)
4chandata.org/tg/PDF-Request-Thread-a778478

sage

Is that dice a platonic solid?

Hey, thank you so much! That is awesome. I'll put them to good use.