I've half assed things my entire life and now i make 62k/year (USD) out of college

I've half assed things my entire life and now i make 62k/year (USD) out of college.

Anyone else feel as depressed as me? Literally the only time I feel like I'm having a lot of fun is when I'm getting drunk with my friends or when I'm doing random shit with my GF.

Anyone else have the moderate amount of success (key word here being moderate) that I have and still feel very unfulfilled?

bump

BAMP

come on you faggots. I know at least someone else can relate. Real life stories are welcome

>GF
So you have a gf huh, well I think I got you beat in the shitty life contest.

Thoughts are just things they shouldn't judge your life.

lets hear it bud?

My life isn't shitty man, I'm just trying to figure out why I'm depressed when I have alot going for me. Feel free to share.

thoughts don't manifest themselves. I'm trying to figure out why my thoughts are as negative as they are when I have quite a bit going for me.

I have no job, and not even ugly women want to talk to me, and then I feel bad for thinking that because they're ugly that they should want to talk to me. It's a petty thought, I know, but more and more I've been thinking about killing myself and my dreams terrify me and I never feel like eating and I can't quite remember when or why it started. Thanks for asking, I never really had the stomach to talk with people I know.

OP you're probably depressed because you're not as fulfilled as you expected yourself to be. You created an expectation somewhere in life where you'd be better off but instead you're lower than what you expected and can't shake the feeling that you COULD be doing better. If more people learned how to be content depression would be a less common thing.

Thanks for saying that user. I've honestly always wondered if it was something like that. Not everyone can go to the moon right?

Depression man, it's a bitch.

Where do you live?

I'm a Montana guy. (United States). Absolutely beautiful country and successful family. Really hit the jackpot as far as the random selection of life is concerned.

>m just trying to figure out why I'm depressed
You've plateaued and no longer have any large goal to achieve aside from marriage and kids and that cliche rut is bumming you out. Find ways to make yourself happy whether it's a hobby or setting a series of smaller goals for yourself to improve and just realize that most people fear this rut and any one of them would love to talk to you about it and how they moved past it.

Exactly life has a way of sorting people out and everyone isn't going to be bill gates. Your situation is better than most people and sure you're no engineer with the six figures rolling in but you've got a gf fresh out college and a steady job. You're living the REAL american dream.

have you considered talking to anyone user?

I've kind of wondered if other people have hit this kind of thing.
graduate high school
graduated college
landed a job

>now wtf?

>Salary =/= success
Become someone you've always looked up to

Last time I asked my friends on advice for it, I didn't like it and judged him pretty harshly for it. Not out loud, but mentally and I'm afraid I'll judge them like that again if I ask. I've wanted to see a therapist for a long time but I can't afford one and I don't think my insurance would cover it.

So I talk to people on Sup Forums about it, which is a little bit sad in and of itself.

>Get exp
>Get certifications
>Start a business
>Expand business
>Get rich
>Retire early

If you're U.S.A go to the ER and say you're suicidal. They'll get you a therapist and your insurance will have no choice but to pay for it.

Now that I think of it, I think there are hotlines made specifically for these things. I'll call one of those eventually because I'm not sure if they're for the people on the edge of the bridge or just boorish shits like me with crappy dreams.

I've tried hard my entire life and make 14k per year.

I am less depressed than you. I'm not going to pretend you can handwave away depression, but you can choose how you want to respond to life's challenges and you can train yourself to respond in these ways automatically.

The cool thing about being a person is that we're subjective. When someone punches you in the face, how you respond doesn't have anything to do with who or why or how hard they hit you. You respond the way you do because of who you are. Other people respond differently because of who they are.

Reality is what we make of it. There are no triangles or bananas or people unless we decide that's how we want to describe the world. It's not easy to change how you look at the world. There's not a magic bullet to feeling happy all the time.

I don't have the power to change your mind and nobody but you does. I don't have the power to make you care and nobody but you does.

Yeah, most people feel that way.

This is why i got into motorcycles and cars. Tfw no gf but i still have mai baikus

Maybe see a doc?

How are things going with your girl? A lot of unhappiness can be derived from stagnation, maybe it's time to take the next step whatever that is.

LSD, I'm not kidding.

Yeah I worked at QL for a while making decent money and I realized I wanted happiness more. I only make 40k a year now but I'm taking control of my life too. Joining military reserves, getting in hella shape, getting another degree, considering running for public office, I also write slam poetry and perform at open mics. You are in control of your life even when it seems you aren't.