A few days ago, I went to the doctor's office to get my strep throat looked at and get some antibiotics. All went well...

A few days ago, I went to the doctor's office to get my strep throat looked at and get some antibiotics. All went well... but I had a panic attack due to PTSD flashbacks while the nurse was taking my pulse.

She said:

>I've never seen someone's heart rate jump up that fast. You hit 130 from 90 in less than five seconds.

She told the doctor about it, and after the strep throat was covered, he asked if I had ever taken anything for my anxiety. I told him I still had the 5 klonopin I was prescribed for last year because I just can't bring myself to use them. He didn't ask why and just prescribed me 30 more of them. Told me to take them whenever I feel something go wrong like with the nurse.

I don't think I can take them. I see to much wrong with them.

Are any of you familiar with this video? youtube.com/watch?v=_2e5ia9j0TA

That's exactly how I feel about the whole situation.

I'll take them, and then I'm not me anymore. Or, I'll take them for a prolonged period of time and something bad will happen.

I know for a fact they'll work. I just don't feel like I can bring myself to take them.

Any advice?

If the information helps, it's 0.5mg per pill, and one pill is all it takes to shut down an episode.